It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can I get some opinions please?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
OK I live in london & over the past couple of months early in the mornings (around 5am) I've noticed a very low level buzzing noise coming from outside, like a very deep constant bass sound, I stop hearing it when I move & when I stand or sit still it seems to continue. This usually goes on for anything from 1/2 an hour to an hour, It's more irrtiating than anything
I could put this down to hearing problems because I work in a studio where theres constant music played at loud volume & I've suffered from tinnitus before so I'm not gonna count that out , what I will say is this happens maybe once or twice a week & always at the same time which leads me to believe it's not a hearing impairment
also, about 2 weeks ago I tried to call my gf at around 3:30 am on my mobile, when I flipped the phone a sound was coming out of the speaker part, the only way I can really describe it is it was like the noise makes when a fax machine's receiving or those old modems u used to use when connecting to the net, I shoulda probably looked at the screen but I didn't I just took the battery straight out then put it back in again & it was fine, hasn't happened since.
during the time of the phone incident there was no buzzing
so I know these could be both entirely unrelated but I'd be interested in hearing some opinions or if it's happened to anybody else
peace

[edit on 19-12-2004 by SunTzu]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   
there are proven methods of manipulation with sound. i dont have any refs off hand but the airspace is still a freezone.

anthony cools, a hypnotic performer, uses subsonic waves to warm up the audience before his shows. i remember him with his rig/tower and that he mentioned in his early research into the phenomenon that he simply applied the concept to his act.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Hope this might help,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 04:46 AM
link   
As you've posted this in the aliens and UFOs forum, I'm guessing that you have your suspicions that the source of the noise is extraterrestrial

You say that the noise is coming from outside? Have you ever ventured out to see if you can find out where it's coming from? I know you say it's 5am , but if it's been bothering you then perhaps you should look into it further.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:07 AM
link   
do you live near power lines or cables? Or is anything vaguely electrical outside youre window? These have been known to emit low buzzing noises in certain weather (both hot and sunny and wet/cold and frosty) and to interfere with mobile phones, often when the insulation needs replacing.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Better hope that it's aliens or some mechanical noise. Hate to tell you what happens to the little swimmers when exposed to high voltage waves or electronic waves. If this goes on, you might not need protection. Lucky Guy !

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   
It has been said by many people over the years, especially recently, that they hear such things. It is my belief that people hear these things because in the technological and LOUD age we live in, we're constantly hearing something.

I recall about two years ago when a friend first got a car, we jumped in and drove in a straight line for about an hour or two (freedom was the reason, I guess). We ended up in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night..and the stars could actually be seen well! So we got out of the car, and looked up at them for a bit. I was agrevated as I heard a high pitch noise, and mentioned it to one of the girls, she heard it as well.

Now, I was sure that the noise was simply a lack there of. I hadn't been away from the sounds of Saint Louis in a very long time. I imagine your case as well as the cases of many others could very well be explained in the same way.

I mean, can you remember when you last could actually hear complete silence? That sound of the air moving around you? It's much like the smell of snow. If one has no scents near by, or hasn't smelled anything in a bit, they can smell the snow. Atleast in my experience.

Of course, I can't rule out the fact that mental disorders are on the rise and people with those disorders have reported hearing voices and sounds since like forever. Maybe we're all gradually going insane and the first step to hearing voices is hearing a tone. Or it could be that since we're all gradually going insane various governments around the world are broadcasting tones or other types of ambient sound in order to keep us from becoming unruley.

I still think its the fact that our eardrums are constantly bombarded with loud noise that is the primary factor, though.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
thanks for the input ppl
I posted it here for 2 main reasons
1) theres always a lot of air traffic seeing as I'm in the city & I thought if the sound I'm hearing could be attributed to some form of military aircraft the people here would be the most likely to know
& 2) I didn't see another part of the forum where it seemed relevant to post it
I do live near a lot of electrical signals, from mobile phone masts & pylons etc so it's entirely possible that could be the source & the fact that it's always early in the morning when it's relatively quiet outside seems a very plausible explanation
the thing with my phone has me baffled though

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
you know the most likely scenario here is that it could be something in yourmind.Like one of the others said,we hear loudnoises everyday so that could be the reason for your problem

However.....
Maby,just maby,it could be a monitor.It has been known that extra terrestrials tend to leave monitors in there subjects(us as humans)so that they could keep track.This is why they always manage to abduct the same human,nomatter where they live,all the time.I saw a documentary about people being abducted,this one man got abducted and the next morning he saw a mark on his hand.When he took it to the hospitol and they did Xrays on it,it was found that there was a small ovalshape,probably about the size of a marble,in his hand.Although the man did not feel anything odd in his hand.I dont know whether they took it out or not,i think they did but they didnt say what happend to it.

But this is not a possibilty to your statement.On the contrar,my point is that extra terrestrials(if they existed:@) would only leave monitors in the subjects bodies,not homes,im %100 sure.There for i believe,personally,that it has nothing to do with anything ``extra terrestrial.Maby its a problem with your wireing system.I hope that helps answer you question abit.This is only my opinion.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Hey!!! I saw something about this on TV. It took me a moment to find a source for it on the net, but here you go... I think you'll find it quite fascinating. It's called the Taos Hum, and has appeared in Taos, NM and Britain...

www.qsl.net...

www.usoe.k12.ut.us...

paranormal.about.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
First, let's try the obvious.

1. The phone is likely unrelated, especially if only happening once.

2. Get your hearing checked. Seriously, what you're describing could be indicative of an ear problem.

After that's ruled out, THEN explore other possibilities...but for your health, get a hearing check.

top topics

join