It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tehran Bribes U.S. Oil Companies to Turn Against Republicans?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This is an interesting twist coming from Iran.

It appears they are "suggesting" favorable treatment of U.S. oil companies *IF* they take a negative stance on that "Letter" from 47 U.S. Senators the other day.

An article in the Tehran Times says U.S. companies can actually get contracts in Iran if and when a "successful" treaty is negotiated.

Looks like somebody's going to great lengths on this thing.

So far of course, the "negotiations" are a failure as usual.

And keep in mind there is no proof at all any "Letter" was actually "delivered" to anybody in Iran from any U.S. Senators.

"The Letter" was simply an op-ed published on one Senator's website.

Nothing was delivered by mail or via any diplomatic channels.

Hyperbole to the MAX !!

All to cover the Obama Administration's mass failures .... imo

President Obama is negotiating with Iran for a nuclear deal that will set Iran on a straight path to obtaining nuclear weapons and both Iran and the president are working to damage the 47 Republican senators who opposed the nuclear deal.

On Wednesday, Tehran Times reported that the head of Iranian Ministry of Petroleum’s Oil Contracts Revision Committee promised rewards to U.S. oil companies who “take a position against Republican senators who recently wrote a letter warning Iran against a nuclear deal with the U.S. will be rewarded”.

Tehran Bribes U.S. Oil Companies to Turn Against Republicans

link to the original Tehran Times article....
U.S. Oil companies taking position against GOP letter will be rewarded: official

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
How is it a failure if it isn't even done yet? Isn't that like saying WW2 was a failure until the day victory was declared?

a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Like that will work, most of the republicans in power are affiliated with big oil. He is preaching to the varmints he is against.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

And keep in mind there is no proof at all any "Letter" was actually "delivered" to anybody in Iran from any U.S. Senators.

I don't think you understand what an open letter is. It's a letter that is addressed to a person or organization but published to a wider audience. What proof of delivery is required for that?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

"The Letter" is just an opinion.

It was never delivered to any Iran diplomats.

DaaHaHaHa

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DuckforcoveR

How is it a failure if it isn't even done yet? Isn't that like saying WW2 was a failure until the day victory was declared?

Iran rejected the proposals a couple of weeks ago.

The chances of any solution is thin at best.

SURPRISE: Iran Rejects Obama’s 10-Year Nuke Deal

edit on Mar-18-2015 by xuenchen because: edu[_'o'_]pt109

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: theantediluvian

"The Letter" is just an opinion.

It was never delivered to any Iran diplomats.

DaaHaHaHa

Is that the latest spin? So I guess Amajininad(whatever) wasn't serious about "wiping Israel off the map" because he didn't send a letter stating as much. I hear this supported by most right wingers though.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

There's no proof anywhere that "The Letter" was delivered to any official Iran leadership.

"The Letter" wasn't an official negotiation.

Normally, the Swiss Embassy handles diplomatic correspondence between nations that don't have diplomatic relations.

Iran and the U.S. has no diplomatic relationship.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

There's no proof anywhere that "The Letter" was delivered to any official Iran leadership.

"The Letter" wasn't an official negotiation.

That doesn't even come close to answering my post. So Amenajob's statement that Israel be wiped off the Earth isn't real because he just said it in an open forum?

Iran and the U.S. has no diplomatic relationship.

And yet there have been negotiations going on. You know just saying something doesn't make it true, right?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
No trust list: Iran, Obama, Clinton, Bush, used car salesman. Nuff said...

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Of course (as you say) "Amenajob's" statement can be interpreted any way anybody want's to interpret it.

I don't remember anything diplomatically official about his words.

It means nothing in this topic does it?

I think there's a deeper connection between Western oil companies and Iran.

I bet oil lobbyists are "talking" to Iran. That's why we see this new suggestion from Iran all-of-a-sudden.

That's of course assuming the Tehran Times article is true and accurate.

The economic impacts of Western oil companies doing business in Iran is huge.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Of course (as you say) "Amenajob's" statement can be interpreted any way anybody want's to interpret it.

I don't remember anything diplomatically official about his words.

That's not that the right is purporting. It's taking a random statement and using it to define a country and a threat to another.

It means nothing in this topic does it?

Hey, you were the one that said that saying something in an open forum isn't official BUT they take Amenajob's random words at face value. Sorry but I bin the spin.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

What do think about U.S. oil companies getting involved inside Iran?

That's the main part of the article on topic.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

What do think about U.S. oil companies getting involved inside Iran?

That's the main part of the article on topic.

No it's not. It's oil companies that would back away from the GOP. THAT'S the topic. It makes sense to. "We'll won't work with people that won't work with us." "Bribe"? It's not a bribe....it's a fact.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Different strokes for different folks as they say.

I think the oil lobby is active in Iran.

If Democrats end up getting "credit" for oil deals in Iran, go for it.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I don't think you understand what an open letter is. It's a letter that is addressed to a person or organization but published to a wider audience. What proof of delivery is req
uired for that?

Nice double-speak there..."Obama double-speak" in fact!

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I agree it is a white-wash over repeated failures by Obama and Co..

Instead of admitting his policies are wrong Obama just "double-down's" by try an alternative "leftest" avenue.

Rinse, wash, and repeat...for seven years.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

So then your OP is irrelevant as they (Iran) can't of received the alleged letter and therefore can't bribe oil companies to go against the non existent Republicans that sent the non-existent letter. It's either all or nothing so which is it?
edit on 3/18/2015 by Kukri because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I think the oil lobby is active in Iran.

The oil industry (east, west, doesn't matter) are currently active in Iran.

The use proxies when national (or international) law dictates that they can't deal directly...at great expense.

If they could deal with Iran, direct, it would save the them millions.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
So these are the folks Obama is making deals with?

Global war will result in ‘banner of Islam’ over White House, top Iranian official vows

A top special operations aide to Iran’s leader says his troops are in a global war that will one day bring “the banner of Islam over the White House.”

Ali Shirazi is the Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei’s representative on the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps Quds Force, the overseas operations branch that trained Iraqi Shiites to kill American troops and is active throughout the Middle East.

Then he said, “We shall not rest until we raise the flag of Islam over the White House,” according to MEMRI, whose analysts in Washington monitor Islamic extremists.

www.washingtontimes.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join