It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW UK DNA group map: 40% French 30% German 11% Danes 9% Belgian; like AD60

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
Interesting Brits are not real Brits after all..

We knew that anyway from our history.

Simply put:
Romans invade and rape everyone
Saxons invade and rape everyone
Vikings invade and rape everyone
Normans invade and rape everyone

You dont need a gene map to tell you our gentics are going to be pretty mixed

edit on 19-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

That is what the cigarette afterwards is for, it is tradition and a lot cheaper than burning the whole village down.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: valiant

Interesting thread, I really thought the Vikings would have made more of a impact, that was a surprise.

I usually say I am as classic a Brit as you can get, dark brown hair, blue eyes, white as milk, stocky/thick boned, can't tan for the life of me etc but I would love to know what's in my DNA, probably scandinavian makes sense, all I do know is my family history is English/Irish as far back as anyone can go.

Many people misinterpret the Viking impact in England. In simple terms, even the "great" army assembled by Guthrum to conquer Wessex (and Alfred) was around 4'000 (or less) - and they lost! The Vikings simply took out the leaderships and then moved in / intermarried, etc. Made no difference to most locals, only the "elite" and in many ways was better (less taxes, more access to the law, etc).

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The research itself actually made me smile. As others have commented, we Brits all know we are different whilst being the same. Now it is official!

My own family is entirely northern england, back to the 11th century. Clearly discovering that the rest of the world is nice enough, but why leave God's own country!
Mostly Anglo Saxon genes but also Norse and, according to this new info, West Yorkshire and Northumbria. As a Brit, this makes me proud. As a citizen of the world, it makes me slightly disappointed my ancestors weren't more adventurous!

We did have direct relatives go to America to start a new life in the mid 1800's - most were back before the 1890's!

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
my family have lived in the south west for centuries, there are literally hundreds of people in the area with my surname and I'm related to all of them if I go back far enough.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

We are taking about cross genetics in certain geophysical locations (UK).

You have no idea my love for ancient history, and our deep ancestry. Very important to me.

All I'm saying; obviously in the pool of genetics called earth, every nation will have mix genetics.

Had nothing to do with this forum.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I have Scottish and Irish ancestry and am fair haired.
I wonder where I fall on the genes map.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Interesting.

Adaption happens fast, modern humans are also much taller than 500 years ago though generally not as strong due to having industry and machines, even jaw bones shrunk due to eating soft bread etc.

I would say my brain and eye size are fairly large so consistent with northern hemisphere heritage. High eyebrows, high forehead.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Perhaps the yellow circles of Germania / Danish.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: bigpaul

Similarly for my family in Scotland, the name is mostly there, a few in Yorkshire and London, though also very popular in Spain, even the name of a saint and a town there, though it isn't a typically Spanish name.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Settlers more than explorers.

My family are mixed, settlers on one side and explorers on the other, plenty moved to the US, Canada, Australia.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla
a reply to: dollukka

We're just a nation of tribes, invaders and settlers. All will be assimilated sooner or later.

Tea and Biscuits get them all in the end.

And if they don't, the weather will drive them off.

we are all just tribes, invaders, and settlers.

I owe most of my genetic heritage to Anglo-Saxon DNA. I have an English last name, but am primarily either German or Hungarian (half Hungarian). Very little actual English.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Can anyone help me out with this map? In the NE of Scotland there are two symbols, a pale pink circle and a white square. Where are they on the Euro-map? And also Cornish folk (a pale pink cross), where are they?
Either my eyes are failing me or the map is above my comprehension level. Or maybe both?

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

The map is clearer in the link

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Instant rescue! Cheers Skalla

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

When i'm good, i'm great :p

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

You are magnificent!
But stay there a minute - is it saying that all pink folk (Cornish, Aberdonians and Northumbrians are the ones I remember without looking back) are from Scandanavia? Hmm, very interesting.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Well, according to the chart, the Cornish are a teensy bit Spanish and Scandi, Mostly French and a bit German/Belgian, DNA contributions wise from nations in Europe - that's using the cross-reference chart. Some more explanations would be cool but i haven't read the other links yet.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
More similar research, areas such as European genetic links to allergies, eye colour, hair colour, diseases, eyebrows etc.

blog.23andme.com...
www.23andme.com...
edit on 19-3-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Arf, they finger the Irish as most likely to be alcoholics in that first link.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join