It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW UK DNA group map: 40% French 30% German 11% Danes 9% Belgian; like AD60

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Men tend to have weird protruding brows IMO, some very Neanderthal.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
So the English are mutts. That sounds about right. Now, I am pretty much all Laplander Finn.. Hold the Finn jokes please.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Not aware of any Finn jokes. One of my penpals from school was from Pirkkala.

The Brits don't know enough about anywhere else generally to be making jokes about them but those that do, it tends to be ''arrogant superior French'' and ''arrogant unhumourous Germans'' ''arrogant loud Americans'' etc.

I tend not to stereotype, thankfully!

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Moving around Britain things do look a bit different. But evrything got mixed up during the industrial revolution. It would be intresting if this map could have been madse pre industrial revolulution movements of people.

Surely we are all mongy types, they try to categorise us but don't we all come from the same place originally?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

People certainly moved then but this research shows that generally the groups are the same since AD60 which is rather amazing.

I think all the ''British origin'' anti European types will have to eat hat now.

I guess Neolithic cultures from Europe /Levant are probably the main ancestors of white UK when it is scrolled back, prior to that is yet to be determined but there is more evidence these days of it being a Middle East origin for humanity and even reports of Africans being white then black but I won't say much on that now as it upsets some people, as they bought into OOA.

That said there could be many as yet unfound origins of humanity anywhere, for all we know humanity could have originated in the North Pole.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
It looks like middle east origin in north wales. I swear when you are in that area the people tend to look like the people in Tel Aviv. It is weird. Read something about that somewhere, specifically Abergele.

Farmers tend to look similar wherever you travel in the UK. The whole thing is a bit wacky when one thinks about north west being built on Irish immigration. This must have altered the dna there, unless it was similar to Eire in the first place. East coast people do look different to west coast.. Brummies look different and sound totally different too. Aliens?

a reply to: theabsolutetruth

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I grew up in Central Scotland and the people there look and act a lot like Northern Irish and Irish in general. When visiting the Highlands people got way more Scandinavian especially in the Shetlands /Orkneys.

When I moved to Wiltshire I could see variances, when visiting Bristol there are variances again. When living in Devon, one of the first things I realised was that the people weren't the same as Wiltshire and in Cornwall rather dark haired and dark skinned, again their own thing.

I agree about Wales, there are a lot of dark hair, dark skinned there too and Yorkshire rather germanic /Scandi.

There are really obvious variations, it's rather fascinating.

I read somewhere years ago that the Brummie accent is the same flow and intonation as Danish.

The original Shakespearean accent is believed to have sounded like a mixture of Brummie /west country and similar to some early American accents as they kept the accent in isolated areas when they emigrated.
edit on 18-3-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I spent far more time in Wales in the first twenty years of my life than the last twenty so my perception may be skewed, but i've seen a similar thing with a few apparently indigenous Welsh folk having a medium brown/slightly grey-ish skin tone. I had Welsh school teacher who was very brown (far more so than a farmer's tan) but he said his family was all native Welsh.

I remember reading many years ago that the neolithic Britons were likely brown skinned... and i think i thread here last year talked about how the skin tone of HSS was brown as they came into Europe, which is to be expected. I reckon it's not unreasonable to suggest indigenous darker skin tones are a trait left over from this.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
So it is basically a map of where to find the really good bars and pubs

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I did a thread on it. 7000 year old Mesolithic hunters having blue eyes and dark skin.

There are a lot of 'white' UK that really do tan deep brown and I guess it is possible that it is a trait that has continued.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

The Brummie (and alternatively Black Country) accent is often linked to how Shakespeare may have sounded. I really like the idea, and the local rhythm flows really well with it.

Apparently there are elements of how Gaelic is spoken in Lewis (i cant recall if it's loan-words or features of local pronunciation etc) that can be traced back to a particular variety of Old Norse spoken only in small part of Sweden during the Viking age.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I don't mind the Shakespeare 'OP' (original pronunciation) idea but I listened to some recently and it wasn't as effective as the dramatic version we are used to hearing in plays unless listening carefully as the words vary from RP a lot.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Some types of Welsh look like Berbers from north Africa or maybe Spanish. Especially the farmers, or rural types. Tom Jones looks fairly middle eastern Jonathan Davies too. Garath Bale, probaly along the same lines. Scots like Salmond, he's even got a Jewish name. That Alexander MP, now he is a Jewish for sure, I read they went there when the English king banned them from England.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
There is also a lot of Spanish origin in Wales from a group of Spanish fishermen around 4 -5000BC.

Perhaps Iberians and Semites share ancestry. Possibly from Phoenicians. Interestingly Phoenicians were found on coastal areas of Spain, hence more likely to be fishermen.

www.acampitelli.com...

en.wikipedia.org...
www.examiner.com...

www.independent.co.uk...

A team from Oxford University has discovered that the Celts, Britain's indigenous people, are descended from a tribe of Iberian fishermen who crossed the Bay of Biscay 6,000 years ago. DNA analysis reveals they have an almost identical genetic "fingerprint" to the inhabitants of coastal regions of Spain, whose own ancestors migrated north between 4,000 and 5,000BC.

www.walesonline.co.uk...

Professor Koch says there are Celtic texts in Portugal and Spain way before they started springing up in central Europe during Roman times.

One key piece of evidence is the earliest written language of western Europe – Tartessian, found on inscribed stones in Portugal and Spain dating back to between 800BC and 400BC. The professor maintains this language can be deciphered as Celtic.

Expert on Welsh history and archaeology Dr Raimund Karl, says there is also biological and genetic evidence to support professor Koch’s theory.

He said: “In the last couple of years there have been a number of genetic studies of human DNA indicating that the population of much of the western part of the British Isles is related to other communities along the Atlantic seafront. These include Brittany, northern Spain, Portugal and the French Atlantic coast. That’s their genetic origin.”

But Dr Karl, of the University of Wales, Bangor, said there is also archaeological evidence suggesting a cultural link with central Europe.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

There was a TV show about English white supremacists with maybe five varieties and classes of them. One was an aristocrat and one was a Cockney comedian affiliated with the NF. The comedian, all curly black hair and 'swarthy,' had an African ancestor from the mid-19th century lol. The aristocrat faired worse. She had Romany gypsy and Berber Arab in her genetics and was not pleased at all.

Both of them queried science and invoked special pleading to hold on to their notions of being 'pure' white.

I seen that, the looks on the there faces were priceless!

Interesting thread, I really thought the Vikings would have made more of a impact, that was a surprise.

I usually say I am as classic a Brit as you can get, dark brown hair, blue eyes, white as milk, stocky/thick boned, can't tan for the life of me etc but I would love to know what's in my DNA, probably scandinavian makes sense, all I do know is my family history is English/Irish as far back as anyone can go.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Does any of this really matter?

Here is reality; humanity is mixed genetic organisms on a petri dish called earth. Every region of civilized cities (almost) is a genetic soup.

All the cross breeding, culture sharing, and now global transportation and communication. .. has created un ending breeding of interconnected genetics world over.

We all originate from ONE common ancestor though the time frame and data is long lost. That does not excuse the fact we all come from the same genetics from the same petri dish, and have spread out by humping like rabbits.

Who cares anymore, bloodlines are obviously not important unless your Royal, your blood is more pure then the incest pool of earth.

Reality check...

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

This is reality.

The thread is relevant and interesting, it is essential that History, Anthropology, and Genetics are studied.

You do not believe in History and Anthropology or Genetics as Academia?

In comprehending the past we better comprehend the present and the future.

It is called Education and it is a good thing!

If Education, History and Anthropology are not to your liking wouldn't it be advisable that you refrain from reading about such things instead of complaining at those that do.

Perhaps you would think it is okay for people to tell you that things that are of interest to you are irrelevant?

Perhaps you could advise ATS of your dislike of the Ancient and Lost Civilizations forum?

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
a reply to: LABTECH767

Interesting, any more information on the brain size thing?

Sorry I was elsewhere for a while,
www.dailymail.co.uk...

This is also interesting and show's a global trend.
www.zmescience.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Yeah, because it's so weird to take an interest in yours or anyone else's heritage.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I understand your argument and the ethical consideration as we are after all human regardless of which country.
It is important though as it is a matter of Identity for many people to know where they come from but yes we today are in a melting pot that is the inevitable outcome of growing global population and more easy movement of people.

Of course it is important as a new race of man may evolve as a result of this mixing and let us hope to dear god that if it does it is a better and more ethical race of man, of course Ethics is seen as weakness but then even the Neanderthals cared for there sick and wounded (so not Tory's then) and we as modern human's have that trait which despite the ideology of darwinanism has bucked the trend and made us one of the most successful species to ever exist, it is not survival of the fittest but rather survival of the race that cares the most about it's sick and get's them well while making a better place for it's children.

I have no room for racism in my world view but I do put family first and am a proponent of we look after our own first, the argument for me therefore is where do I draw that line.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join