It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witchcraft For Hire Online

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I am going to make something of a confession here, something I have dealt with but something that on reflection and at the time that I did and knew was wrong.

About 10 years ago I had an ebay business selling "magical" supplies in the UK.

I was importing herbs and resins, white sage ect from the US and selling them on ebay. It was all legit. We (my partner at the time) also made wands and staffs ect sold as "novelty" items but still made with intent, with that I have no issue.

What I did that in my opinion was wrong is that we saw many people that we thought of as "shiney witches" mainly in the states it seemed that they would buy anything that had a pentagram or was "Witch" related.

We lived just outside Avebury stone circle in the UK. We sold stones from the villiage of the sacred circle at Avebury UK.

We sold them for about ten dollars US in a little organza bag, No real explanation. The reason I had to deal with it was because we were taking the stones from the gravel carpark at the pub in the villiage when we would go for a drink with friends.

We sold quite a few and although everyone that bought them was happy I have a deep internal shame for my actions.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
We sold quite a few and although everyone that bought them was happy I have a deep internal shame for my actions.

Take comfort in that. It's easy to be tempted into doing things that don't jive with your moral compass. You stopped. Many people just keep doing it.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

originally posted by: nonspecific

Take comfort in that. It's easy to be tempted into doing things that don't jive with your moral compass. You stopped. Many people just keep doing it.

Thank you, as I said I dealt with it but it answered a good question.

Did I lie? No.

did I tell the truth. No

It did make me wonder what positive impact those stones had on people though, not that it was any comfort.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Yes, this is wrong on so many levels. Honestly, I hope each one realizes how they are going against what "witches" are really about.

And the rule of 3 bites them hard on the A**

People wonder why witches get a bad rap. sheesh.

I noticed your ATS quote "Chicken Chuckin Witch" - may I assume you are Wiccan? If so do Wiccans practice this type of magic as listed in the OP? The reason I ask is because Wiccans have been telling me for years they do not practice magic.

Have you ever heard of E.A Koting?

In order to practice magick and to have a supernatural event to occur requires an invocation? Any/all invocations involves an entity, is this correct?

Which entities do you call on?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

When I was doing divination for my primary income, I would offer actual craft work as needed. I was very careful to only charge for the consultation (which was high enough to justify the extra time I spent) and, if I saw an actual need, I would perform the work at my next circle. I would normally provide pictures of the ritual (people love that and it puts them at ease) and I actually have a special container for all of these that need keeping (like binding poppits, etc) that I never lose track of even years after the ritual.

I say all that to illustrate that there are perfectly ethical ways to "sell" spell work and rituals online. It crosses the line when there are promises or even offers without consultation which is what I normally see but the act of offering the service as a part of a consultation is absolutely within morally-sound practice.

Knowing that just makes the unethical sellers all the more infuriating, though.

I noticed in your first paragraph you used the word "craft" which particular craft are you talking about?

Also binding poppits - do you use a doll for this? A binding spell requires a spiritual entity - which entity do you call upon?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

The photograph you use in your OP is clearly witchcraft. You see the eye of Horus in the center ..... calling out to a deity better known as Isis - the Egyptian goddess of magick and wife of Osiris, lord of the underworld.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Yes. Thank you for the information.

What do you think of the types of spells that are being sold online? Such as the ones posted in the OP about love obsession and demon possession. All good? Questionable? Don't care about fools easily parted with their money?

CdT

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
I noticed in your first paragraph you used the word "craft" which particular craft are you talking about?

The witchy kind? I didn't think I was being ambiguous. If you mean which particular path or tradition, it's not easy to sum up. I follow a particular green hedge witch tradition but with some eclectic seasonings thrown in to give it that tangy flavor.

Also binding poppits - do you use a doll for this? A binding spell requires a spiritual entity - which entity do you call upon?

I follow a primarily Sumerian pantheon but often call on ones from my ancestral lines, as well (Pictish usually). For bindings, I usually stick with my personal deities but if it's a particularly nasty person we're dealing with, I've had to expand beyond what is normally within my realm of comfort. Binding, in general, is not something I've ever offered as a service. It has only come as last resort when important things are at stake and the results have sometimes been more severe than I would have liked. As always, I informed clients to exhaust all possible mundane options before even considering it.

It's something I've actually become even more reserved about doing. It never feels right no matter how careful or well-intentioned I am.

ps edit - I forgot to answer your other question. The poppits themselves are ones I make.
edit on 19-3-2015 by Cuervo because: added stuffs.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CirqueDeTruth

Yes. Thank you for the information.

What do you think of the types of spells that are being sold online? Such as the ones posted in the OP about love obsession and demon possession. All good? Questionable? Don't care about fools easily parted with their money?

CdT

Hi,

Selling spells online should be classified as a criminal act. There are quite a few feeble minded out here and they can be easily manipulated in everything they hear and read. I think the government should take down these websites.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

The witchy kind? I didn't think I was being ambiguous. If you mean which particular path or tradition, it's not easy to sum up. I follow a particular green hedge witch tradition but with some eclectic seasonings thrown in to give it that tangy flavor.

I follow a primarily Sumerian pantheon but often call on ones from my ancestral lines, as well (Pictish usually). For bindings, I usually stick with my personal deities but if it's a particularly nasty person we're dealing with, I've had to expand beyond what is normally within my realm of comfort. Binding, in general, is not something I've ever offered as a service. It has only come as last resort when important things are at stake and the results have sometimes been more severe than I would have liked. As always, I informed clients to exhaust all possible mundane options before even considering it.

It's something I've actually become even more reserved about doing. It never feels right no matter how careful or well-intentioned I am.

ps edit - I forgot to answer your other question. The poppits themselves are ones I make.

Hi.

my reason why I was asking was because I have run across people who call or work with various spirits who by the way are friendly and willing to help (the spirits) but to get the most out of that spirit you must allow the spirit to possess your body (this is the only reason why they are willing to help for free - to get the feeling of a human contact) but once you stop using them they start to become hostile; some even fight back once the spell/ritual is completed because they want to remain inside the body. I have seen some have very big issues with some spirits refusal to leave..........leaving the host with severe problems.

Have you ever had this problem?
edit on 19-3-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

my reason why I was asking was because I have run across people who call or work with various spirits who by the way are friendly and willing to help but to get the most out of that spirit you must allow the spirit to possess your body (this is the only reason why they are willing to help for free - to get the feeling of a human contact) but once you stop using them they start to become hostile; some even fight back once the spell/ritual is completed because they want to remain inside the body. I have seen some have very big issues with some spirits refusal to leave..........leaving the host with severe problems.

Nope. The methods you are describing sound more like ceremonial sorcery which is quite distinct from most traditions of witchcraft. Granted there are a few paths who blend the two styles beautifully but I tend to shy away from most things in that vein (though I do often use much of the scholarly work of ceremonial practitioners throughout history).

In the work that I do, there is no "possession" and the very works themselves wouldn't function without the fierce independence of the person performing them.

I do get affected by residual energy but it comes mostly as a collateral damage and not from direct invitation. And, almost always, it's actually from the client and not from the other sides. People who come for help are often burdened with the deepest of sorrows and the effect from them (and their guides) are often far worse than anything I personally invite into my altar room.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

my reason why I was asking was because I have run across people who call or work with various spirits who by the way are friendly and willing to help but to get the most out of that spirit you must allow the spirit to possess your body (this is the only reason why they are willing to help for free - to get the feeling of a human contact) but once you stop using them they start to become hostile; some even fight back once the spell/ritual is completed because they want to remain inside the body. I have seen some have very big issues with some spirits refusal to leave..........leaving the host with severe problems.

Nope. The methods you are describing sound more like ceremonial sorcery which is quite distinct from most traditions of witchcraft. Granted there are a few paths who blend the two styles beautifully but I tend to shy away from most things in that vein (though I do often use much of the scholarly work of ceremonial practitioners throughout history).

In the work that I do, there is no "possession" and the very works themselves wouldn't function without the fierce independence of the person performing them.

I do get affected by residual energy but it comes mostly as a collateral damage and not from direct invitation. And, almost always, it's actually from the client and not from the other sides. People who come for help are often burdened with the deepest of sorrows and the effect from them (and their guides) are often far worse than anything I personally invite into my altar room.

Interesting....... so do the spirits you call out......do they materialize in front of you?

Are any of them animals or partial animal-partial human?

What do you sacrifice for the spirit to come?

Do they speak to you or show you signs? In what language do they speak?
edit on 19-3-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Interesting....... so do the spirits you call out......do they materialize in front of you?

Hardly any of those questions are things I can relate to. Sorry. I think what you picture happening in your head is a vastly different picture of what I actually do.

It's much more subtle than you are envisioning and the language is internal, like when Jesus speaks to a Christian. In church, their god does not normally materialize in front of them, speaking with a sword tongue.

Details beyond that are a bit personal. I'm a very open book with nearly every facet of my life but that topic deserves a bit more of my attention than a short reply. Maybe someday I'll go into detail.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

It's almost like a witch hunt.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Hardly any of those questions are things I can relate to. Sorry. I think what you picture happening in your head is a vastly different picture of what I actually do.

It's much more subtle than you are envisioning and the language is internal, like when Jesus speaks to a Christian. In church, their god does not normally materialize in front of them, speaking with a sword tongue.

Details beyond that are a bit personal. I'm a very open book with nearly every facet of my life but that topic deserves a bit more of my attention than a short reply. Maybe someday I'll go into detail.

I find Scottish witchcraft interesting. There does not seem to be much literature on the subject.

The Highlands of what is now Scotland were earlier inhabited by people known as the Picts, or Pechts. In fact, this area was then known as "Pictland" and did not become "Scotland" until as late as the eleventh century. A second century Roman geographer, Ptolemy, drew the earliest map of the region. On it he showed four tribes: the Venicones, Tazali, Vacomagi and Caledoni. By the third century these four had become two tribes, the Caledoni and the Maeatae, and by the end of the third century merged as one nation, the Picts.
These people have long been a mystery, partly because they spoke a language that is now lost. When the Scots became a dominant force in the welding together of medieval Scotland, it was not in their interests to keep alive any Pictish traditions.

The Scots, incidentally, were immigrants from Ireland who, having come first as raiders, by the fifth century had settled in the under-populated areas of the west. By the seventh century they were virtually masters of the lowlands.

The right of succession to the throne was matrilinear-in other words, reckoned through the mother. This practice was in existence for well over three hundred years, that we know of, and probably much longer.

Most of what was learned about the Picts was through their art. They used powerful animal symbols and geometric forms. Jewelry, metalwork, stone carvings: all show the same highly skilled craftsmanship.

The form of Witchcraft that we shall be dealing with is that which stems from the time of the Picts. The late Aidan Breac, a respected teacher and practitioner, termed it "PectiWita", or "Pictish Witchcraft." From just how far back it comes it is impossible to say, but it is certain that it differs in many ways from the Wicca of England; of the Gardnerian, Keltic, Saxon, Alexandrian and other varieties. This is of the old Scotland.

Scottish history and legend is replete with stories of magickal workings, spells and charms. A lot of this reflects the very forms of the "airt" used by the "PectiWita", or Pict Witches.
In Orkney, there is a charm performed to bring a good supply of butter. To ensure a favourable breeze, fishermen and seamen at Gourock Bay would pace seven times around a large monolith standing on the cliffs. Some still do it today. In Moray, Pechts would cut down woodbine in the waxing of the March moon. These they would twist into wreaths and preserve for a year and a day. After that time young children suffering from fever could be passed through three times and be cured. Even today, throughout the highlands many people carry a lucky penny or "peighinn pisich". This has to be turned over three times, at the first glimpse of the full moon. These go on and on, and as mentioned earlier, many are still practised today.

Traces of the old Druidic reverence for the sun still linger throughout Scotland. It was believed that both the sun and moon could exert strong magickal influences. In this respect the moon was more powerful than the sun.
The "Mother of All" was CAILLEACH: an old "hag" often depicted with the teeth of a wild bear, or with boar's tusks. She was reputed to be a great worker of spells. Cailleach has also been identifies with Scotia, after whom Scotland was named.

If there was a male deity who was especially acknowledged it was GRUAGACH. This name means "the long-haired one." In the western highlands he was placated by oblations of milk, which were poured into a hollow stone. He was looked upon as the guardian of cattle and as a valiant warrior and a sorcerer.

Others were:
TARANIS A thunder god.
SHONEY Ensured good fishing.
MUIREARTACH "the hag of the sea." She was the mother of the western storms.
FIONN A warrior, magician and poet. He destroyed giants and monsters.
SLUAG (Slooa) the Host of the Unforgiven Dead. He was the inventor of the Ogham writing.

There was a strong belief in the earth and water spirits, of various types. Earth worship was a prominent feature of Scottish paganism. Children would often be concieved on a special piece of earth or earthen mound. Offerings would be made at standing stones and sacred areas.

GIANTS, supposed to have been scattered generally across Scotland.

KELPIES, especially found in the Hebrides, had human appearance but may take the form of horses. They tempt humans to ride them, then plunge into the water to drown them.

BROWNIES, usually in pairs, look after boats. They seem to like to argue.

MERMAIDS, found scattered along the northern coasts. They are the lovely daughters of the Fin Folk: tall dark men who wear close-fitting silver scales. They live under the sea, although they also cultivated farms on the dry land.

Good to see an art that is not associated with Wiccan for a change.

Do you witches have a coven or is it individual witchcraft?

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Wow... I don't know why you posted that excerpt but I actually started as a child in PectiWita. Brings back some memories, for sure, hah! Scottish witchcraft will always have a warm place in my heart.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   

You should be equally terrified when you walk by a Tarot card, or fortune-telling shop.

Now it's just online..

People have been making a living conning other people since the dawn of time, and now it's online.

Interesting post though S&F

edit on 20-3-2015 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

While I myself use Tarot and can read palms, I've always been taught it's irresponsible and unethical to part people from their money for something that should be done for nothing.

This is not a widespread view of fortune telling or magical practice. In fact, the various communities that practice the craft are about divided on whether it's okay to charge money or not for fortune telling. It's one of the debates in the Neo-pagan communities.

Thanks for stopping by.

CdT

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

If every buyer was happy with the stones they bought that's one element content.

That leaves you and Avebury.

The Solstice Gathering needs a care system for lost dogs, ashtrays, bin bags and boxes for empty bottles.

Helping in some way with any of those will transform that shame into a more beneficial feeling.

Guaranteed or your money back.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

is this true?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join