Ugh, I've got this job I'm working on which had been giving me knots from the get go. I didn't want it. They asked me to quote on it but I was too
busy. Then a week later they just called and said do it, schedule this date and get the cable in. Ok...
Here is a list of headaches. Some are mine, some are theirs, some are just random freak bs things. I had to write it out this morning to help with my
therapy haha except I'm not really laughing. Helps to look at it visually to understand how it all unravels so I don't ever ever run into this crap
again. Rule #1. Don't effin rush!!
1. Equipment will arrive 2-4 weeks late, broke, delay in invoicing causes rush to finish overlooking WO equipment ordered
2. overlooked cable installation for access points (didn't ask, didn't tell)
3. Need to pick up raceway, wood frame building
4. return on the 25th to complete for no reason
5. Trouble passing 1 cable network extension, need to use new spare cable which could have been used for the 2nd AP
6. return to replace provided patch panel, take out one I bought for no reason
7. neglect to clean up mess, customer complains
8. Equipment finally arrives, cabinet too big for one person, need to pay out of pocket for second person (fri 13)
9. lift doesn't work, postpone access point and cable installation in warehouse (Fri 13)
10. need to drive all the way to main branch to pick up key (toll bridge charges) after I already get home.
11. Return additional time to install cabinet with hired help, install 2nd floor cable and AP (Saturday)
13. Had two jacks fail miswire after I inspected all jacks before loading panel. wtf???
14. Had to repair another short in another jack 2nd floor
15. Return again to install warehouse cable and AP with new lift (Monday) Hook up equipment
16. WAN connection doesn't work
17. Customer keeps me on the phone for 30 minutes troubleshooting why my MAC address is on the network
18. Bring 2 Beldens for 2 ap. One breaks in my hand while terminating. First time ever. Find another jack & terminate it
19. Originally bought 12 jacks, there were 11 drops before AP install. 11th jack open pairs, used 12th jack
20. Can't find Telus line they tagged
21. Return on own time to double check Telus dmarc, find pairs (toll charges 2x)
22. AP termination bad again, check jack and it's open, no spare Beldens, need to return one more time for just one jack
23. Customer complains because two phones were connected upstairs instead of downstairs.
24. Tip rounded off and had to run to Canadian tire for another one
25. No fax line ordered customer requested. Will need to return again to cross-connect
26. Customer moves furniture to other side of the room after cable install. Need to make 2 additional patch cables to reach
27. Aprox distance traveled 600+ km.
28. Working for free at this point
29. Moral at an all time low
eta: cable drop count turned out to be 13, not 10 as per the work order
So...how was your day?
edit on 18-3-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)