It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neil DeGrasse Tyson: ET and DNA

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueMessiah

Maybe they don't. You're the one who brought up ashtray.

Actually, that was Tyson. But regardless, he is right, someone should have provided some tangible evidence by now with all the purported abductions that have allegedly taken place.

You can request that. That way your loved ones would have something to salvage for a closed casket affair.

Awesome. Now I just need to get myself abducted. I promise to bring you some space alien bric a brac.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The aliens wouldn't abduct you, they'd be afraid you'd put one of those famous Masonic curses on them and make them probe each other (or what the aliens call vnnenqnd84dbbbbhs's, the art of practical probing).

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
The aliens wouldn't abduct you, they'd be afraid you'd put one of those famous Masonic curses on them and make them probe each other (or what the aliens call vnnenqnd84dbbbbhs's, the art of practical probing).

Then I would take a picture of them doing the dirty and text it over to you Aleister. Proof!

The you can retweet it.

*Aleister likes this*

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: tanka418
If / when you have any surgery where you are anesthetized; IF you have a moment of clarity, and it is high probable you will either in the O.R. or in recovery. Try to take something...anything. Then you may get an idea of how impossible the task truly is...

The main reason ET doesn't have great trouble with abductees is the fact that they are ALL drugged...just like you do to wild animals when studying them.

Wait. Which is it? Are they all drugged and never have moments of clarity making them all bull****ers? Or are some of them awake enough to 'remember' vivid details? If the later, I think someone should have stolen the ashtray by now.

Ahhh...okay...

You have no frame of reference, and therefore can not properly associate...never mind then. You will need to experience the anesthesia before you can understand.

However, it is possible for One who is drugged to have those moments of mental clarity, and have very good and accurate memory of "flashes" of the event. These moments frequently do not allow much by way of task focus, and other related activities...so...grabbing something is not probable. Recognizing where One actually is (and would be required for the theft), is the most probable, the most probable reaction to that is to become obsessed with survival...this survival thing is also the most logical reaction.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Haha. Guess I'll let you have the last word here. Hurry up back with the evidence. The sooner you get back, the sooner I can crush these skeptics and debunkers.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

I'm a big fan of Neil. Here's a short clip of him on the Joe Rogan podcast talking about life in the universe and how it could survive anywhere as long as there is energy.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418

You will need to experience the anesthesia before you can understand.

I have actually and I detest anecdotal evidence. When I was having my wisdom teeth extracted I kept coming out of anesthesia and reaching for my teeth which were sitting in the pan. I also remember enough of conversations that, the family friend who did the procedure, felt I may have some resistance to anesthesia as I was aware of a good deal of the surgery.

However, it is possible for One who is drugged to have those moments of mental clarity, and have very good and accurate memory of "flashes" of the event. These moments frequently do not allow much by way of task focus, and other related activities...so...grabbing something is not probable. Recognizing where One actually is (and would be required for the theft), is the most probable, the most probable reaction to that is to become obsessed with survival...this survival thing is also the most logical reaction.

You are over-generalizing without evidence. You have no idea of all the specifics of all the alleged abductions that have supposedly taken place and too assume that this or that should have taken place is disingenuous.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Haha. Guess I'll let you have the last word here. Hurry up back with the evidence. The sooner you get back, the sooner I can crush these skeptics and debunkers.

As a cigar lover I am keeping the ashtray but maybe I can grab you a neuralizer or some other cool gadget.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: SloAnPainful

originally posted by: grey580
To think we are the only ones around.....

...is complete ignorance...

Enlighten us. Show us the alien you haven't made up in your head.

Why the Earth Will Never Be Invaded

You insist someone SHOW you an alien? And how exactly would that work? I'd love to hear how you would expect that scenario to happen, please enlighten us. I'm sure top people are working on that for you right now. Top people!

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

a reply to: Arbitrageur

Starting at the 6:30 mark of the video you posted, Mr. Tyson borders on absurdity with his comments in relation to producing verifiable evidence.

He's actually suggesting stealing something from a ship after being abducted. At that point, with an abductee's fate already undetermined, who in their right mind is going to potentially risk their life for that? The last thing going through an abductees mind would be generating evidence for a skeptic. Moreover, what makes him think those conditions would make a sample of evidence even assessable. On Earth we have to pass through metal detectors and security when entering and exiting facilities. What makes Tyson think that alien protocol would be any different? Especially considering the fact that these beings obviously want to remain covert in their actions. I find that part of the video you posted a complete joke.

When it comes to the subject of UFOs and especially alien contact, Neil 'Disgrace' Tyson is a fool. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's just part of the institutionalized cover-up, but when he speaks in this clip about stealing something from an alien ship, it calls his intelligence into question.

I won't bother to point out how absurd his proposal is, for an abductee to steal something from an alien ship, you did a great job of that already. But such a suggestion is so utterly ridiculous that I do tend to think he's being disingenuous.

Either way, I think it would be fair to say that Mike Tyson understands UFOs and aliens better than Neil Degrasse Tyson.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

The only thing that should be going through the mind of anyone in that position is am I making it back to Earth.

Nah. I am with Neil on this one. I would grab the ashtray and have tangible proof instead of notoriously unreliable eyewitness accounts.

Ashtray? So there are ashtrays on alien ships? Is that actually your plan? Please keep us posted as things progress. Thanks in advance.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa

The only thing that should be going through the mind of anyone in that position is am I making it back to Earth.

Nah. I am with Neil on this one. I would grab the ashtray and have tangible proof instead of notoriously unreliable eyewitness accounts.

Ashtray? So there are ashtrays on alien ships? Is that actually your plan? Please keep us posted as things progress. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: You'll have to forgive me for having taken posts in this thread seriously, mea culpa.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Either way, I think it would be fair to say that Mike Tyson understands UFOs and aliens better than Neil Degrasse Tyson.

LOL...How about the way the audience is just applauding and laughing with (not at) this foolishness? Reminds me of how a greedy pastor pushes false doctrine and the congregation just rides along with it in acceptance.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I won't bother to point out how absurd his proposal is, for an abductee to steal something from an alien ship, you did a great job of that already. But such a suggestion is so utterly ridiculous that I do tend to think he's being disingenuous.
I said I didn't agree with him about the aliens not wanting to contact us because we're too dumb. However I agree we may be many times dumber than the aliens, and I also agree with most of what he said in the UFO video.

I don't think you can take the comments about stealing the ashtray too literally. You have to put them in the context of his statement something like "I'm not saying that aliens aren't visiting, but I am saying that thus far the evidence put forth doesn't meet the standards we would require for any other scientific claim" when he goes on to explain the "for example you could steal an ashtray" story. If aliens are really more intelligent they probably don't even smoke and probably don't even have ashtrays, and I think he knows that, so put that in the context of an example of what other evidence might be scientifically convincing of alien visitation.

Don't forget he then switches to the iphone example, so he's really saying any alien tech would do, not just an ashtray. The reason even an ashtray would be interesting is if it came from another part of the galaxy, the isotopic ratios would probably be far different from those on Earth. That's true of even rocks from our neighbor Mars.

Aside from not taking his humor too literally and putting things in the proper context, I find it hard to disagree with anything he said in the UFO video even if I have some slight disagreements with his views about aliens wanting to communicate with us.
edit on 18-3-2015 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa

i think his point is (or at least it's my theory for the next day or so), that he's not going to believe it, till it happens to him and even then, he may not believe it.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

LOL...How about the way the audience is just applauding and laughing with (not at) this foolishness? Reminds me of how a greedy pastor pushes false doctrine and the congregation just rides along with it in acceptance.

i know how to weed out the stuff i think is pertinent. for example, i don't toss out everything an atheist says just because i don't agree with some things, atheists say. same idea.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

i'm going with the idea that, if people are abducted and know that they are being abducted, that ETs would have contingency plans for most possible scenarios (like people trying to take artifacts from the ship).

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join