It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neil DeGrasse Tyson: ET and DNA

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

I think it's reasonable to say that most abduction cases are sleep paralysis cases, and that's probably why you don't see reliable statistics on the phenomena.

“Jasnah had once defined a fool as a person who ignored information because it disagreed with desired results.”
― Brandon Sanderson, Words of Radiance

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

You are correct since there is no evidence for alien abductions. There is also no evidence that distinguishes abductions from ANYTHING psychological.

Apart from implants, radiation burns, surgical scars, phosphorescent markings, landing traces, punch biopsies, multiple witnesses, polygraph test results, radar recordings, video, photographs, FOIA intelligence documents, government and military whistleblowers.........

Thanks for proving my point, though.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa

You are correct since there is no evidence for alien abductions. There is also no evidence that distinguishes abductions from ANYTHING psychological.

Apart from implants, radiation burns, surgical scars, phosphorescent markings, landing traces, punch biopsies, multiple witnesses, polygraph test results, radar recordings, video, photographs, FOIA intelligence documents, government and military whistleblowers.........

The original point was that there is nothing distinguishing abduction reports from anything psychological and...
You just listed a bunch of stuff that adds up to zero alien abductions and zero aliens. You are in good company here. Unless you are going to take the time and actually investigate these things and weigh them individually on their own merit, then all you have is a bunch of loosely associated things that are ambiguous at best. I have been through each and every one of those things and discussed them ad nauseam. I even believed the alien story for a while until I realized there was nothing actually there except psychology. That's my experience that you are trying to deny me from having which is just as valid as yours. Actually, I am done with that game. I see no validity with your point of view. I think we are done here.
edit on 2-4-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

No UFO/alien filter? Just a broad sweep of belief with pretty much every subset? Hmmmmm... the picture is becoming clearer.

Just curious- Where do you draw the line of too ridiculous?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

now go away.

Now be gone!

Perhaps you should lead by example.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ectoplasm8

No UFO/alien filter? Just a broad sweep of belief with pretty much every subset? Hmmmmm... the picture is becoming clearer.

That's easy. You, zeta, harte, cuckoold,

Just curious- why call evidence "belief"? Isn't that ridiculous?...Just a broad sweep of denial? Hmmmmm... the picture is becoming clearer,

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

I even believed the alien story for a while until I realized there was nothing actually there except psychology. That's my experience that you are trying to deny me from having which is just as valid as yours.

Still here?

Hmmmmm... I was not aware that photographs and radar recordings were "psychology". That statement is, by definition, false.

If you call dismissing physical evidence as simply psychology your "experience", that's fine. I'm not "trying to deny you from having your experience." But your guessing incorrectly about evidence is in no way equivalent to my first-hand experiences of alien contact. Not even close.

all you have is a bunch of loosely associated things that are ambiguous at best.

Or as it's better known, mountains of evidence.

I think we are done here.

So you keep promising, yet here you are.

edit on 2-4-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Just curious- why call evidence "belief"? Isn't that ridiculous?...Just a broad sweep of denial? Hmmmmm... the picture is becoming clearer,

Relax there cowboy, that was quite a burn. But seriously "folks", what UFO/alien category do you call ridiculous?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

I certainly would love to see your code, the data you have used, the probability calculation, to see if I can replicate your claims.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Relax there cowboy, that was quite a burn. But seriously "folks", what UFO/alien category do you call ridiculous?

I'm no cowboy, pardner, but since you asked me me politely, I will respond in kind. Let's see...

I'm not big on claims of astral plane contact or abduction. Not at all. I can't entirely dismiss the possibility, but it is outside my experience.

I'm not a big proponent of crop circles, for the most part.

I think Jacques Vallee is ridiculous, either a fraud or outright disinformation.

I think Bob Lazar's story is fake.

There's a few off the top of my head, anyway. Now that you got me thinking about it, there are a good number of aspects that I may not agree with.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius
a reply to: tanka418

I certainly would love to see your code, the data you have used, the probability calculation, to see if I can replicate your claims.

The code is written in two languages; C# and python...it is available at: scope.wolfmagick.com...

The data used is Hipparcos, you can get that from the European Space Agency, Nasa, University of Strasburg (sp?), or almost any largish university (Harvard, MIT, etc.)

To read it you will need a text editor...to compile and run; you will need Visual Studio 2013, and MS-SQL Server (2008).

The probability: the first 15 terms of 1712! (1712 factorial)...

ETA: 1712 is the approximate number of "F", "G", and "K" class stars within 31 parsec...according to Hipparcos.

You will need Poser Pro to actually "draw" the 3D image...the software only places a "star" in 3D space...
edit on 2-4-2015 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

edit on 2-4-2015 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Ectoplasm8

It's obvious that there is a parroting of Stanton Friedman going on along with the Hopkins-Jacobs BS to boot. Nothing original.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

It's obvious that there is a parroting of Stanton Friedman going on along with the Hopkins-Jacobs BS to boot. Nothing original.

Perhaps it would be best if zeta stopped talking about me altogether. I mean, zeta told me just yesterday:

now go away.

And then he ordered me to:

Now be gone!

But zeta is still insulting every post I write, even posts like the one above, that he insults as "parroted BS", that had nothing to do with him.

Now, folks, Let me set the record straight here:

I tried asking zeta to leave me alone. I asked a couple of times, in fact, but zeta refused.

I tried ignoring zeta, but that only increased the frequency of his attacks.

I even reached out in friendship, to find common ground. But zeta's response was venomous insults of things I enjoy on a personal level.

Folks, zeta is obsessed with me.

How many hours has zeta spent on me? He's sent me well over 170 posts, I stopped counting at 150.It would be almost funny, if it weren't so sad and creepy.

But I don't back down to bullies, they're mean, and obsessed, but they aren't very bright. The only way bullies can win is if we give up and let them win. And they're not going to bully me off of ATS.

Now. To keep this post on topic, I take issue with zeta's insult that I am "parroting" Stanton Friedman. Stanton does not promote discussion of alien abductions, whereas that is often my focus. So his aim is way off the mark as usual.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

Perhaps it would be best if zeta stopped talking about me altogether. I mean, zeta told me just yesterday:

now go away.

Now be gone!

But zeta is still insulting every post I write, even posts like the one above, that he insults as "parroted BS", that had nothing to do with him.

I tried asking zeta to leave me alone. I asked a couple of times, in fact, but zeta refused.

I even reached out in friendship, to find common ground. But zeta's response was venomous insults of things I enjoy on a personal level.

How many hours has zeta spent on me? He's sent me well over 170 posts, I stopped counting at 150.It would be almost funny, if it weren't so sad and creepy.

But I don't back down to bullies, they're mean, and obsessed, but they aren't very bright. The only way bullies can win is if we give up and let them win. And they're not going to bully me off of ATS.

Now. To keep this post on topic, I take issue with zeta's insult that I am "parroting" Stanton Friedman. Stanton does not promote discussion of alien abductions, whereas that is often my focus. So his aim is way off the mark as usual.

You seem to be enjoying every minute of it.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen
Oh, he will be fine in a couple of days once he gets some rest.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

More "fowl play" from the super genius.

Have you realized yet that it is actually "foul play"? When you use the term "fowl play", as you have done repeatedly, you're talking about birds.

Chickens, ducks, geese, cornish game hens, etc.

That quacks me up.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScdfaFolks, zeta is obsessed with me.

Obviously.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join