It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neil DeGrasse Tyson: ET and DNA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

Well, after some debate and discussion Neil would downgrade those on the lower end of that 1% difference to subhuman, or dwarf human, to be more specific.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
Except very few people these days and, as far as I see, nobody in this thread or in this forum has started that they think we are alone.

I'll jump in. We're alone until we find somebody else.

You can throw out numbers and talk about probabilities versus possibilities all you want. But hypothetical aliens don't really exist. If there's a real alien somewhere in a galaxy a hundred million light years away that we'll never know about or interact with, on a practical basis, they don't exist.

IF tree falls in the forest, and there is no one around to hear it; does it make a sound?

Ya know man...using modern physics I can prove that a sound was made, without needing to actually "hear" it, even IF I can't get specific about that actual unique sound that was obviously made.

Same applies to Extraterrestrials...I do not have to produce one to prove they exist! IF this is what you require, then you have misplaced many things, your priorities, logic, sense, and reason should top the list...you would have unreasonable expectations of ET and ANY data concerning him.

Seriously, you and most other Terrestrials need to get over the whole "alien" thing, and start thinking about what you actually do know, and not just about non-terrestrials either.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
There are 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars in the universe.
100 octillion stars.

To think we are the only ones around.....

...is complete ignorance...

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Except very few people these days and, as far as I see, nobody in this thread or in this forum has started that they think we are alone.

I'll jump in. We're alone until we find somebody else.

You can throw out numbers and talk about probabilities versus possibilities all you want. But hypothetical aliens don't really exist. If there's a real alien somewhere in a galaxy a hundred million light years away that we'll never know about or interact with, on a practical basis, they don't exist.

I think you know that I agree with you, I hope. As far as I can tell, there is no probability that can be determined until we actually find an alien somewhere. You can only imagine, hope, speculate and even feel intense, burning knowledge at the core of your being ....

My point is that most people believe we are not alone. There is no mathematical proof. It's just hard to imagine otherwise.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

IF tree falls in the forest, and there is no one around to hear it; does it make a sound?

Ya know man...using modern physics I can prove that a sound was made, without needing to actually "hear" it, even IF I can't get specific about that actual unique sound that was obviously made.

Depends on how you define sound. to me, sound is a perception.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418

Hypothetical falling trees don't make a sound.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SloAnPainful

originally posted by: grey580
To think we are the only ones around.....

...is complete ignorance...

Enlighten us. Show us the alien you haven't made up in your head.

Why the Earth Will Never Be Invaded

edit on 18-3-2015 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur
Exactly

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

a reply to: tanka418

Depends on how you define sound. to me, sound is a perception.

Atmospheric vibrations between the frequencies of say 15Hz and 45 KHz, caused by solid objects striking each other.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Hypothetical falling trees don't make a sound.

You are evading reality...

And, I wasn't speaking hypothetically...

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Starting at the 6:30 mark of the video you posted, Mr. Tyson borders on absurdity with his comments in relation to producing verifiable evidence.

He's actually suggesting stealing something from a ship after being abducted. At that point, with an abductee's fate already undetermined, who in their right mind is going to potentially risk their life for that? The last thing going through an abductees mind would be generating evidence for a skeptic. Moreover, what makes him think those conditions would make a sample of evidence even assessable. On Earth we have to pass through metal detectors and security when entering and exiting facilities. What makes Tyson think that alien protocol would be any different? Especially considering the fact that these beings obviously want to remain covert in their actions. I find that part of the video you posted a complete joke.

edit on CDTWed, 18 Mar 2015 18:01:03 -0500uAmerica/ChicagoMarAmerica/Chicago030301pm by TrueMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueMessiah
The last thing going through an abductees mind would be generating evidence for a skeptic.

I thought the last thing going through an abductee's mind was a probe.

Why not cop something at that point?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The last thing going through an abductees mind would be generating evidence for a skeptic.

I thought the last thing going through an abductee's mind was a probe.

Why not cop something at that point?

The only thing that should be going through the mind of anyone in that position is am I making it back to Earth.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

The only thing that should be going through the mind of anyone in that position is am I making it back to Earth.

Nah. I am with Neil on this one. I would grab the ashtray and have tangible proof instead of notoriously unreliable eyewitness accounts.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Nah. I am with Neil on this one. I would grab the ashtray and have tangible proof instead of notoriously unreliable eyewitness accounts.

And leave them with nowhere to dump their ashes?

Ironic, because after they incinerate your body for stealing it's going to make even more ashes.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

And leave them with nowhere to dump their ashes?

Meh. If they were so advanced they should know that smoking is bad for them. I think of it as doing them a favor.

Ironic, because after they incinerate your body for stealing it's going to make even more ashes.

Oh. Is that the preferred method of disposal? Incineration? I was kinda hoping to get mutilated and dumped in a field.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

If / when you have any surgery where you are anesthetized; IF you have a moment of clarity, and it is high probable you will either in the O.R. or in recovery. Try to take something...anything. Then you may get an idea of how impossible the task truly is...

The main reason ET doesn't have great trouble with abductees is the fact that they are ALL drugged...just like you do to wild animals when studying them.

IF animals in the forest could tell stories; I wonder if they would tell stories very much like alien abduction stories told by Humans.

And then again, I'm very sure one Wolf has turned to another and said; "I'd bite em!>
Course, that's a wholly different thing.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

If / when you have any surgery where you are anesthetized; IF you have a moment of clarity, and it is high probable you will either in the O.R. or in recovery. Try to take something...anything. Then you may get an idea of how impossible the task truly is...

The main reason ET doesn't have great trouble with abductees is the fact that they are ALL drugged...just like you do to wild animals when studying them.

Wait. Which is it? Are they all drugged and never have moments of clarity making them all bull****ers? Or are some of them awake enough to 'remember' vivid details? If the later, I think someone should have stolen the ashtray by now.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Meh. If they were so advanced they should know that smoking is bad for them. I think of it as doing them a favor.

Maybe they don't. You're the one who brought up ashtray.

Oh. Is that the preferred method of disposal? Incineration? I was kinda hoping to get mutilated and dumped in a field.

You can request that. That way your loved ones would have something to salvage for a closed casket affair.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

You are evading reality...
And, I wasn't speaking hypothetically...

Then which specific real tree (or alien) were you talking about?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join