It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia says Ukraine law on autonomy violates peace deal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

No, Russia reacted to what Western Allies (okay 'Murica) did because Ukraine voted to join a trade pact with Russia instead of the EU. It also helps when Russia blocked America's attempt at removing the Bashir in Syria.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

"Attack the source when you can`t refute the claim."

I am pretty sure RT has proven their credibility when it comes to Ukraine, so there isn't much to refute.

I see why you don't care for the topic of this thread...because it paints Russia in a bad light.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Maybe not a part of Russia directly, but having a region extremely sympathetic to the Russian Federation that would allow them unrestricted access to Crimea through their land I think it the ultimate goal.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

I am pretty sure RT has proven their credibility when it comes to Ukraine, so there isn't much to refute.

Yes, they have proven to give way more accurate and more information about what has been going than Western media in the case of the Ukrainian mess.

I see why you don't care for the topic of this thread...because it paints Russia in a bad light.

I do care about Western propaganda when it leads to many of my fellow human beings becoming victims of it...unlike you, I do care about the lives of other people than myself, hence the reason I will never take a pay-check to defend one side or the other.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

If you refuse to see STATE RUN RT as a propaganda source, and in the same breath accuse Western MSM as being propaganda, we will never see eye to eye. Your blind reliance on Kremlin sources is why you refuse to, or simply can't, see the other point of view in this situation.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

No, Russia reacted to what Western Allies (okay 'Murica) did because Ukraine voted to join a trade pact with Russia instead of the EU.

Actually it was Yanukovych that did that not the people of Ukraine...and it seems Putin had plans for Ukraine before the conflict we see now.

The Kremlin made it clear the harassment could become permanent. Sergei Glazyev, Putin's advisor for the economic reintegration of the republics that gained their independence after the collapse of the Soviet Union, predicted that Kiev would experience an "economic disaster" if it signed the agreement with the EU. "Ukraine is sacrificing its sovereignty," he said threateningly at a conference on the Crimean Peninsula, which is former Russian territory.

Vladislav Surkov -- the Kremlin's former main ideologist, who had fallen out of favor but was brought back by Putin two months ago -- was sitting in one of the back rows. His mission was to help Moscow regain its control over the countries of the former Soviet Union.

www.spiegel.de...

So Putin has had a plan to get back the countries that left when the Soviet Union fell, so it wasn't caused because of the US.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I have to admit, for a country that has been militarily defeated a couple times now, Ukraine sure has spunk. Of course they haven't lost the war, but they have been losing consistently month by month.

It's a smart game Ukraine plays. They want more US involvement and are going to keep pushing until they get it. Very smart move.

Now I know why Poroshenko's chocolates were so tasty! I still remember them from travelling through Ukraine!
edit on 18-3-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Yes, they have proven to give way more accurate and more information about what has been going than Western media in the case of the Ukrainian mess.

Yes we have all seen the accurate reporting they do.

I do care about Western propaganda when it leads to many of my fellow human beings becoming victims of it

And yet you don't seem to feel the same way when it comes to Russian state run propaganda...so then how much can you really care?

.unlike you,

Why because I don't take Russian media as the last bastion of what they call the truth...

hence the reason I will never take a pay-check to defend one side or the other.

Good for you, but your posts seem to almost say otherwise.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

I have to admit, for a country that has been militarily defeated a couple times now,

Thanks to Russia, because if it were just the separatists Ukraine would easily have defeated them.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

RT is state funded, they are themselves not secret about that either.

It doesn`t mean however that certain information given is false...I have linked to BBC and Stratfor also in the past 24 hours, so what`s your point exactly ?...only Western mainstream media is to believed...

I`m now under the impression new scripts have been handed out with the massive, for everyone clearly to see, attacks going on at blogs, Russian media and basically everything else outside the control of media of Western Elites.

I posted this already in another thread, but this seems not to be only happening in France...

France at war with alternative medias

Keep your eyes open people, and see if you can notice a coordinated effort going on in the upcoming months to try and discredit as many times alternative media.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I`m now under the impression new scripts have been handed out with the massive, for everyone clearly to see, attacks going on at blogs, Russian media and basically everything else outside the control of media of Western Elites.

So nothing different than what Russian media does on a daily basis?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

So nothing different than what Russian media does on a daily basis?

That`s one already !

edit on 18 3 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

That`s one already !

Yes the truth hurts doesn't it?

And yet you can't refute the facts can you?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

That`s one already !

Yes the truth hurts doesn't it?

And yet you can't refute the facts can you?

Already have been done, I`m now just counting, and that`s two !

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Already have been done,

Really?

I`m now just counting, and that`s two !

Good for you, but you still seem to want to derail this thread with BS...why?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Already have been done,

Really?

I`m now just counting, and that`s two !

Good for you, but you still seem to want to derail this thread with BS...why?

"What comes around goes around."

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

Just can't help push that Russian media can you?

RT has already been shown to be so far off base that even the moon is closer to the truth than they are.

SOmething pro russian supporters do on the daily right?

We should go back in time and tell the russians how to stop the wall coming down. That would solve the entire issue. Lets just go ahead and tell Russia they cab reclaim all their territories and just let nature take its course. Without firing a shot.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Being a Western and actually caring about Freedom of Speech, there are troubling sings on the horizon...

EU summit likely to adopt decisions on anti-Russian propaganda

So yes, you can be damn right about me starting to get vocal about it.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

and in the first minsk agreement the "republics" agreed to elections using Ukrainian law and then ignored it by holding their own elections.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
a reply to: yuppa

Being a Western and actually caring about Freedom of Speech, there are troubling sings on the horizon...

EU summit likely to adopt decisions on anti-Russian propaganda

So yes, you can be damn right about me starting to get vocal about it.

Freedom of speech applies to an individual. When you are a broadcaster you have more specific requirements.

Lying to the people is one of those.
Blatantly making up false lies and putting them on Russian media is the other.

and not for nothing, but Russia is the last country that needs to be lecturing other on freedom of speech, especially in the media area.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join