It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia says Ukraine law on autonomy violates peace deal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Well it seems Russia is trying to dictate how Ukraine gives autonomy to the separatists...

Moscow (AFP) - Russia on Wednesday condemned Ukraine for ratifying two bills on greater autonomy for the rebel-held east, saying they "grossly violated" a fragile peace deal.

Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said the adoption of the legislation by Ukraine's parliament "in essence rewrites the agreements or, more simply put, grossly violates them" despite Kiev arguing it is in line with the February peace pact.

news.yahoo.com...

Seems as though if Russia wants the East of Ukraine to have more from Ukraine they should stay out of it, as they got what they wanted time to let Ukraine handle the problems associated with giving the separatists the autonomy they want.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Whew, finally a thread where everything isn't the fault of Americans.

Thank you!

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp
Thank you!

Thanks Obama....

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

originally posted by: greencmp
Thank you!

Thanks Obama....

Not that I am giving ol' GW any passes here but, c'mon.

We are not responsible for every damned bad thing on planet earth.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

In other more not propaganda words...

Kiev broke the Minsk agreements, as I have posted yesterday already.

Back to war? Ukrainian parliament rejects the Minsk agreement

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Give it some time, as you will see the usual bunch show up to blame it on the US soon.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Sorry...I was joking. Of course Obama has little to do with Ukrainian decisions on how to break down their decision making at various levels of government.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

Sorry...I was joking. Of course Obama has little to do with Ukrainian decisions on how to break down their decision making at various levels of government.

No worries, I thought it was sarcastic, I was just trying to clarify.

I had made a similar statement somewhere else and it was just ignored.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Back to war? Ukrainian parliament rejects the Minsk agreement

And yet you don't address the topic of the thread, as this isn't about Ukraine and what their parliament has done.

It is about how Russia is trying to dictate how Ukraine gives the separatists what they want...care to comment about that?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Give it some time, as you will see the usual bunch show up to blame it on the US soon.

We really do want to help and we really do see that our attempts frequently produce undesirable results.

It can't be helping that the bad things in this world that are caused by our bad policies are diluted into a vat of unsolvable quandaries over which we have no control.
edit on 18-3-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Russia was part of the Minsk agreement, they say it as it is and not as what it has been spun into...

Ukrainian army was collapsing again, so for the second time they agreed to a fake peace deal, and now again, Kiev shows us they are not going to uphold onto the Minsk agreements, but try to fool again the not thinking Westerners by making the impression they are not at fault...but Kiev simply doesn`t do what they agreed too in Minsk 2 and thus breaking the agreement.

edit on 18 3 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Ukrainian army was collapsing again, so for the second time they agreed to a fake peace deal, and now again, Kiev shows us they are not going to uphold onto the Minsk agreements, but try to fool again the not thinking Westerners by making the impression they are not at fault...but Kiev simply doesn`t do what they agreed too in Minsk 2 and thus breaking the agreement.

And yet they are passing laws that give the separatists what they want...imagine that.

Now again care to address the topic of Russia trying to dictate what Ukraine does in their own country, so does the Minsk agreement give Russia that right...no it doesn't.

But feel free to provide the evidence it does..

And thank you for doing exactly what I thought you would do...Blame the west.
edit on 18-3-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
As it stands now, the Ukraine is unable to hold that country together due to external and internal factors. It was at least, not in a war prior to that referendum. I'll catch some flak but Russia should be allowed to do what it feels will secure and stabilize that region, including political and diplomatic solutions.

The Ukraine is being used as a proxy and Russia will respond strategically rather use brute force. I mean, they still have propeller based bombers, which is enough since you have submarine based ICBMs, won't really really need an jet engine based bomber platform.

edit on 18-3-2015 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Excerpt from the Article:

Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said the adoption of the legislation by Ukraine's parliament "in essence rewrites the agreements or, more simply put, grossly violates them" despite Kiev arguing it is in line with the February peace pact.

He objected to Kiev's requirement that before autonomy is granted, the separatists must hold local elections under Ukrainian law, with international monitoring

So, If I'm understanding correctly... Russia is against holding fair and internationally monitored elections? Somehow I'm not surprised.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

And yet they are passing laws that give the separatists what they want...imagine that.

It doesn give them what was agreed, it only tries to make the impression it does.

If they were agreeing they wouldn`t say this...

The self-proclaimed Donetsk (DPR) and Lugansk (LPR) People's Republics stated that by adopting these laws the Rada had demonstrated Kiev's inability to come to terms, and no compromises are possible with it. “Denying Donbass a special status, Kiev has trampled on the fragile peace and brought the situation to a standstill,” the leaders of the DPR and LPR said in a statement.

They complained that the introduction of a special status in certain areas of Donbass has been postponed indefinitely, after being amended by Poroshenko.

“Poroshenko and the Rada are not confused by the fact that they violate the law which they themselves have adopted,” the statement said.

According to the head of the DPR, Aleksandr Zakharchenko, and LPR head Igor Plotnitsky, Kiev doesn't want peace but “is seeking to destroy Donbass by means of violence and economic blockade” instead.

Source

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

. I'll catch some flak but Russia should be allowed to do what it feels will secure and stabilize that region, including political and diplomatic solutions.

And yet they are the main player that is destabilizing that region, so why should they be allowed to do anything in Ukraine?

Funny how this could have been done diplomatically, but Russia decided it was better to use their military instead.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Without getting involved militarily they could not have sliced off enough of Ukraine to have a land bridge between Moscow and Crimea.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Source

Just can't help push that Russian media can you?

RT has already been shown to be so far off base that even the moon is closer to the truth than they are.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Without getting involved militarily they could not have sliced off enough of Ukraine to have a land bridge between Moscow and Crimea.

Well they still haven't gotten that yet, so we'll have to wait and see how it turns out. Remember Russia thinks the East should stay as part of Ukraine, so the land bridge may not happen as they want.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Just can't help push that Russian media can you?

RT has already been shown to be so far off base that even the moon is closer to the truth than they are.

"Attack the source when you can`t refute the claim."

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join