It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Picture with Orbs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
October the 24th of 2003 was the day when the 5th Harry Potter book was released in Portugal.

The place choused by the publisher to celebrate the event was the National Pantheon.

The National Pantheon is a historic building where the dead bodies of great personalities from history of Portugal are resting. They are writers, singers, politicians... all of them left a profound mark in the Portuguese culture and in the Portuguese History.

This is a picture available in the publisher website taken during the release ceremony of Harry Potter 5th book, last year, in the National Pantheon.

What do you think of the orbs?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Looks like specs on the camera lense to me...

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Th0r
Looks like specs on the camera lense to me...

Is it? I really don�t know. I don�t have much info on these orbs things.
I also think it could be something wrong with the camera. But I also think that these pictures must have been taken by professional photographers, because this was a "social event" with lots of celebrities who took their kids there. Most of the press was there.

So I doubt this photo has not been taken by a professional.

However it doesn�t mean anything. The camera could not be working correctly, either way.

I don�t know.

[edit on 19-12-2004 by Falkner]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I have to agree with thOr here as it does look like dust or moisture on the lens. I have personally taken several photographs that have had similar results. For instance, one early evening at the beach I took several digital photos and all of them had these strange orbs on them. Once I cleaned the lens of the moisture and dust all of the photos there after were very "clean" with no orbs.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Hi Falkner. done any RV lately.

I took some pictures at a family gathering at my house of a bunch of people sitting on our couch. when i looked at the digital photos i saw a bunch of orbs, so that same night after everyone had left i took the same photo of the couch from the same position and NO orbs. But heres the weird part when i zoomed in on the orbs themselves, some had what looked like facial features in them.

I know most people would say its subjective and you could see forms in almost anything, but i challenge people out there with orb shots to zoom in using the windows media, or what ever program they have and take a close look at them. I have since looked at other orb shots i have taken and have found these things in them at various times. what do you think?
Parker

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Parker, could you post some of the close up orbs you have? Sounds pretty interesting. I'm not trying to claim that these orbs are nothing more than artifacts on pictures but you have to be skeptical when dust or moisture could easily be the culprit.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I been to 2 cemetries 10p.m, 1 Cathedral 8 p.m taken good photos graves & headstones trees etc with canon digital camera no orbs. were can i go to catch a orb or two.
Do they only come out after midnight?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I quite often get these so called "Orb" pictures with my digital camera?
I have no idea what they are either, dust, moisture maybe. There
seems to be no end of discussion about them on the net.
Here's one i got just above my dog, it's a bit faint but you can see it on
the brick wall

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:22 AM
link   
The general concensus, as I recall from a docu on telly that tested it, is that orbs are light reflected off dust particles in the air, with certain kinds of camera and flash combos being more sensitive to picking them up. That's what I seem to remember, although faces in the orbs would be interesting, quick, post the pics.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:39 AM
link   
This is about the best site I can find
on orbs....so far anyway.
Well worth a read if anyone is interested.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
This has been argued, discussed and analyzed on ATS before. The orbs are merely camera artifacts (dirty lens). Just ask Emily_Cragg.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Youre right Simulacra this orb issue has been worked harder than a rented mule! on various boards on this site. I think the facial features i saw in my pic's were merely magnified distortions of the people in the pics.Still it is an interesting bi-product of digital photography.Thanks for the link Madhatter

I wonder if i was the only one to catch the Emily_Cragg reference, that was a very funny inside joke. I wonder how sybil is doing these days,LOL

Parker

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
sorry but thi is just some lens flare from the strong lights on the walls

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
well mabby the orbs seen here are from dirty camras but that still doesent explane the ones you see with the nakid eye . Dirt in the eye? lol

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
orbs more often then not are either just collected energy (nothing necessarily related to ghosts) or just light reflections on dust. there not something that really is taken with more then a grain of salt. Now if you had apparitional images....

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
First off, if you have to digitally "enhance" anything, you've pretty much blown any credibility with the sceptics. I've photographed numerous Orbs... I've even seen a few of them moving with the naked eye. I agree with the latent energy field ideas, but I personally believe that spirits can tap into these and use that energy. I've seen them go from one orb..... then others align on what I theorize would be Chakra points... Then coalese into an apparition. So while they may not in themselves BE spirits, Spirits may use them to manifest. What we percieve as a Ghost may actually be this energy molded like an artificial surface to an otherwise intangible object.
Then again I could be full of crap!

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   

What do you think of the orbs?

Can be caused by light glare, dust on the lens, dust in the air hit by the flash, etc.

Too many variables to leap to much else....

The original pic could have been caused by any of the above, though a dirty lens seems most likely here. I guess you'd have to see other pics from the roll to rule that out, but then dust in the air hit by the flash would be my second idea.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Hate to say it but thats either just dust and it's been picked up by the cam or some crap on the lens could be both. Hhaveing watch a programme on orbs last night am prett sure it's one of the above.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
its probally just dust i see it alot on the scifi channels ghost hunters

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
i see 10+ "orbs" in that picture. If really spirits would they all crowd in front of the camera for a picture?

Having researched ghosts for a few years I now think nothing of "orbs". They can be seen in most pictures taken at any occasion and can be attributed from anything like dust all the way to an electrical cause.

new topics

top topics

join