It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother-dog-saves-her-pups-by-burying-them-during-forest-fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Let me start out by saying i am more apt to be writing about endangered or extinct marsupials but this caught my eye . To cut a long story short this dog buried her pups under a metal container in the face of a forest fire . All of the 9 pups survived. Mum was later found alive in a burnt out house . Was this a survival of the species thing , as in do the best you can for your offspring but your own survival is paramount . Or was she just a really smart dog or to quote Jurassic park again . A clever girl . Personally i think it is a bit of both .

Sorry the picture is the best i could find but in the article below is a video .

www.9news.com.au...

Hopefully for those waking up on the other side of the world this can give you a happy start to your day .

Sometimes Mother Nature rocks .
edit on 18-3-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

This is such a beautiful heartwarming story to wake up to, thanks for sharing! While as a fan of science, I can't help but attribute this to the survival instinct, on the other hand it makes me feel a distinct sense of interconnectedness. A mother will move mountains for her children, and it seems that adage applies to the animal kingdom as well. I'm so glad they survived. It's a little bit of hope in this crazy thing called life.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Ahhhhh what a beautiful story. It makes me smile from ear to ear while wanting to bawl at the same time.

Good for Mom, she is both very smart and loving and did her job as a mother. And they all survived with offers of homes coming in.

Look at all the people helping - I wish this was what I would see every time I step out into the world - humans helping other humans just like this.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Reminds me of Scarlett the cat over here in the states who was horribly maimed saving her kittens from a house fire.

Maternal instinct knows no bounds and no species. They all look after their young.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Poor baby. Can't watch the vid, she did survive, right?

Beautiful story OP! It really makes you wonder about what drove her to do it, instinct or smarts, but it just proves how amazing dogs really are.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Dogs are smart, she knew what she was doing!

Good dog

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

She did and I think all but one of kittens made it. The weakest kitten died of a virus a month after the fire.

Scarlett was adopted out and lived until October 2008 with her adoptive family. The remaining kittens were also adopted out to homes.

I imagine this dog and her puppies will be similarly easy to place thanks to the publicity.

new topics

top topics

join