It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-religious people. How much to you fear death?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Nice topic.

I don't fear death but I do fear the process of dying. I can't imagine anything more terrifying.

I don't fear nothingness - how silly would that be you won't know anything....

I do think there is something 'between' lives.

I do think you take your state of mind with you and am actively working on improving mine in order to face death without the natural fear and panic that will occur and hopefully not fight it so much.

Death isn't the problem, it's the helplessness of being out of control when death takes over - remember the brain will continue for minutes. I imagine the out-of-controlness, something akin to childbirth, will be the hard part.

But I don't know - and ain't that the problem.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

How can you not fear death but fear the process of dying. Same difference, really.

Either you accept that reality as we know it is a sham & pray for the end, or you are addicted to reality as we know it & fear the end.

Those are the only two real options. Everything else is semantics.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: roth1
I am not religious. I can say i do not fear death at all. Welcome it or want it? NO!!! Want to preserve my life and the earth and humanities future. YES!!!

It is a fight against capitalism though.

Corporate profits at all cost are killing the planet and it's people.

So true about the Corportacracy.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Mid 40

Not scared of death since I had a NDE 25 years ago. It's really comming home IF the time is right. But I'm scared of suffering and leaving my boy too soon.

Great reading there in many languages:

www.nderf.org...

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Dont! Living is far more scarey. Too much greed, no sharing or caring! Animals STILL

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I think death is returning to our natural state.

A return to innocence?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I actually look forward to death, the chance that there may be something better at the end for us intrigues me. Obviously most of us will die a diseased slow death which won't be fun... but hey ho.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Some comforting words to you op

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

How much to I fear death? certainly less than catholics do.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
See you on the other side. Or not.
Life's greatest mystery.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I am not afraid of death any more than I am afraid of being asleep. It is just the process between being alive and dead that is the scary part. Pain and sadness are the only things to worry about on the way to our resting place. I hope there is something beyond this life but I don't know. All I know is that things are not quite what they seem in our reality.
I am not religious.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Interesting question since they often accuse the religious of being scared of it all the time.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Why should I fear something that happens to all life? Being scared of it doesn't make it not happen. It's just a waste of energy.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
what is the point in fearing nonexistence. perhaps instead of being afraid, you should be vigilant. prepare yourself so when it is time to go, you leave nothing undone or unsaid. fear gets nothing done.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I don't want to die, because I'm having a great time here. I don't want to leave the people and animals that I love. But I don't fear death. I was with my mother when she died. It's was a beautiful thing. It's really the same as a birth. We come here alone - we leave alone.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
As a younger man (well 29 years young..), the thing that i fear when I think of death is leaving my loved ones in mourning. I enjoy my time on earth and would hate to suffer a painful or drawn out demise, but i feel quite comfortable with leaving and discovering the mysteries of crossing over.

I feel however that dieing at such a young age would be devastating for my family and fiancee and that is what scares me about death...

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

What is there to fear?

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
What is there to fear?

The great totally no body knows the future beyond death.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
What is there to fear?

The great totally no body knows the future beyond death.

Guarantee you it's better than this #hole existence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join