It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problem with The Walking Dead "Try" Episode

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: cj6

Also, tyreese should have been dead a long time ago. He was lucky to get even close to Alexandra in the show

based on the graphic novel

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I think it was necessary for us to feel the horror and dread that Glenn was going through at that moment.

To really understand how hard it was for these people to be considering letting down their guard in this community.

To understand how strong they would have to be to do so, in the face of the most traumatic evidence that opening up to others, and daring to invest any thought or emotion into future plans, is terribly terribly dangerous, risky and scary for them... not just scary, completely mind shattering. To try, amidst images and memories like that, is almost an impossible feat.

If you didn't see Noah's death, the way Glenn did, you wouldn't really feel that impact and empathize with his dilema.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I quit watching the show because it they turned it into a soap opera. If they are actually getting away from that and focusing more on zombies, I might be interested.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

I understand what you are saying but in truth the graphic novel is a soap opera so their base material pushes them that way, and it sells. On my Lori point maybe I'm different but gore and mentality are the same to me. They seem to hit the same sections of my brain. If you get me with absolute visuals or the unknown but recognizable pains of a mother dying I am in the same place and to me Lori was worse than a little weak boy named Noah. It took Beth for him to try and flee a group of police when he had them in his reach the entire time. I'll always hate those episodes.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Everybody ATE Chris

LOL. That's pretty damn funny...

Noah was an auxiliary character at best. For that, he got a pretty spectacular death scene. Too gory? Maybe for some. I think the brutality of it was necessary to truly shake Glenn, a guy's who's seen it all though.

My issue is more about the people who DIDN'T die, like the preacher or the guy who basically caused Noah's death. Both of them need to check out soon.

<< 1   >>

join