It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Rules White Girl Will Be Tried As Black Adult Humour but...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

It is from the onion and meant as a joke, but think about it.

If an actual white person were tried as a black individual...I honestly believe there would be more of an outcry of how the justice system treats minorities.

I once heard..if you ever hit someone with a vehicle..make sure it is not a white person..because your looking at years in jail..where as if you hit a minority...more than likely your looking at a fine or a few years driving suspension.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Is the opposite of this one...

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Is it really that bad? I really find it hard to believe. Some friends of mine who work for the Met tell me that when they stop a car with a black driver they inevitably pull the old ' you only stopped me because I am black' excuse despite the police being unable to tell the colour of the driver prior. Are you sure its not a case of this?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

I need to start browsing The Onion more lol.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
BS i am white, got charged with vehicular manslaughter. Payed 30k for a defense and was dropped for lack of evidence. No intent. Was an accident, but death was police fault as they chase a surgeon at the scene away demanding the guy be treated for shock and get help immediately. They chased him away and ignored the man. Helped a screaming lady with a broken ankle. Lied on the report as to how the actual accident happened. Shabby accident report that did not jive with actual events and wittiness testimony. a reply to: Onslaught2996

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: roth1

Yeah, my son is white, was hit by a white driver (who was popping pills by her own admission), my son was left with permanent brain damage and nothing happened to the driver - not even a ticket.

I think injustice within our "justice system" happens across the board for people of all colors.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DustbowlDebutante
a reply to: roth1

Yeah, my son is white, was hit by a white driver (who was popping pills by her own admission), my son was left with permanent brain damage and nothing happened to the driver - not even a ticket.

I think injustice within our "justice system" happens across the board for people of all colors.
I totally agree, depends on all parties in the situation. Not to mention to Prosecutors and Defendants competence. Not everyone know you can challenge laws or the judge for that matter. Or help a jury nullification happen. My advice for anyone not knowing the law and needing a defense. Is to INTERVIEW many lawyers far out of your price range. Take all the info you get and bring it to one you can afford. I myself read ticket, statues , definition of all terms in the blacks law dictionary, old case law and make my own case. By the way a judge can't present evidence and ask questions.( show bias ) The prosecutors job. Things can happen in your favor if they do. I'll leave it at that.

top topics

join