It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California sure has been quiet lately....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Seems as though the last month has been very quiet on the earthquake front in Cali...while the other side of the Pacific has been very active...could we be seeing a major quake soon on the west coast?

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Tried to put a screen shot here and not sure if my link works, but I am sure you can see what I am saying for yourself.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Your link is broken. I clicked it and got "404 not found".

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

shhhhh don't awaken it !!!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Run !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Feel at ease, it's still there.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Great, I'm going to be out there in a few days.. -_-

Now that you've jinxed it, I am contemplating cancelling my trip.

Nice job..

NEVER TEMPT FATE.. It's like a slow day at work.. "Wow, it sure is quiet today.." /the beating you get from your co-workers the moment the words roll of your tongue.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Knock on wood....

cj6

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
For anyone that thinks its funny I can assure you It's not a joke for those of us that are stuck in California knowing it can happen any day now. I'm terrified!!! But I also lived IN Northridge during the '94 quake so I know how bad it is. I wish I had the means to get out but I can't...oh well

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
We're so quiet because we are so parched and our mouths are too dry to talk much...

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
California has increasingly powerful earthquakes to look forward to

The U.S. Geological Survey has released revised predictions for the seismic activity that Californians can expect over the next few decades. And while the USGS found that the frequency of smaller earthquakes has gone down, the risk of a significant earthquake -- of at least a magnitude 8.0 -- has gone up slightly.

New Long-Term Earthquake Forecast for California

Compared to the previous assessment issued in 2008, UCERF2, the estimated rate of earthquakes around magnitude 6.7, the size of the destructive 1994 Northridge earthquake, has gone down by about 30 percent. The expected frequency of such events statewide has dropped from an average of one per 4.8 years to about one per 6.3 years.

However, in the new study, the estimate for the likelihood that California will experience a magnitude 8 or larger earthquake in the next 30 years has increased from about 4.7% for UCERF2 to about 7.0% for UCERF3.

Here's a link to the study.

PDF

I wouldn't be too worried unless everybody starts jumping up and down at the same time. Just be prepared.

edit on 17-3-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I'm a Northern California resident. Not too far from San Francisco. The next "Big One" is something we all have been expecting to be 'right around the corner' for a while now. Whether that's a valid concern I am not sure. It's in our State's collective conscious nonetheless.

I just hope it doesn't hit us now during our serious drought issue.
edit on 17-3-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join