It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allergic to Deodorant?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
So, I've been allergic to most deorderants and anti-persperants for a long time. They just make me brake out.

Anyway I decided to share what I use.

It is a rock.

Yes, a rock. It works too. If you get a piece of these rocks you will not need to buy deodorant ever again. If you get really sweaty, you can also apply a little lime. It is also good for the nether regions, if you know what I mean, between the legs, as well.

Well that's it.

Also, if you are a man and are tired of buying razors every month, buy a Gillette razor and spend some good money on there razor-blades. When you're done shaving simply dry in a little alcohol. When you go to use it next use a towel you dry your body with and just brush the razor against it a few dozen times each way.

I'm still using the same razor-blade, using this trick after 1 1/2 years, and it's still as good as new.

ETA:

Sorry, the name of the rock is Alum.
edit on 17-3-2015 by iNobody because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
What kind of rock is that? You have me interested and I will try the razor tip. Thanks.

But could you please be a little more specific about how you use the rock?

ETA: alum? where do you get that?
edit on 3 17 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Sorry I forgot to add the name. Edited the OP to add it, it's called Alum.

What I do is run it under a little water and then rub it against my armpits,as you would a deodorant. It works!

Well, I got it at the local nature store, but I live in Mexico. I don't know where you'd get it in your area. It can't be that hard to find. Most likely any nature store, or store with natural herbs, etc.
edit on 17-3-2015 by iNobody because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: iNobody

Cool, thanks for the info.

I am going to do a local search and see where I can pick it up in New York.

I will revisit your thread when I can post results.

I love stuff like this as I also can only use certain deodorants due to sensitivity. And I have always heard the chemicals in it are NOT exactly 'good for you'.

However I am very aware of body odor and would rather have my arms sprout a genetic mutation than stink.

I will try it out, S&F for a good idea.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

So it works like rubbing stainless steel to remove garlic odors? Cool. I am allergic to some dyes, perfumes, and especially anti persperants that contain aluminum. I am not keen om rubbing a wet rock in sensitive areas, so I will probably pass, but your finding is interesting!

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscov

Just take a file and polish down the side you use. It's a very malleable rock. You don't need it to be harsh to use it.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

iNobody, Star & Flag for your thread, this stuff works.

I have not used conventional deodorant or antiperspirants for over 5 years and will not go back to them again. As mentioned in the OP there is a natural rock/salt like product that works just as well without added chemicals like aluminum chlorohydrate or perfumes. The brand I use is Thai Deodorant Crystals and I get mine at our local Bulk Barn but they are available through health food stores and metaphysical shops. They may even be in some drug stores now. The large block that I get is only $8.50 (Canada) and will last about a year and a half. I replace mine when it gets too small to hold onto easily, but don't throw it out as you can put it in a basin of warm water to soak your feet if you suffer from strong foot odours.

Thai Deodorant Crystals

If you are concerned about what you put on your skin, or are tired of paying high prices for sprays, solids or roll ons, give it a try. Also I find there is no powder residue or discolouration on your clothes.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

edit on 17-3-2015 by YogaGinns because: spelling

edit on 17-3-2015 by YogaGinns because: fixin stuff

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscov

The brand I mention has been smoothed into a block for just that reason. Give it a try.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I have been using Henri Bernard crystal deodorant for years. It works great and last a long time and you can get it at a drug store or grocery store.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
What kind of rock is that? You have me interested and I will try the razor tip. Thanks.

But could you please be a little more specific about how you use the rock?

ETA: alum? where do you get that?

Oh, and about the tip for the razor. If you have old ones you haven't thrown out, you can try it on those and see if it works. It will.

From what I understand it doesn't sharpen the razor, it already is sharp. It's just removing mineral buildup, and other such stuff on it. There is a word for that, but I don't recall what it is right now.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I always wondered if those things worked. There is an all natural deodorant I like, but maybe I'll give that rock thing a try.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I am an absolute freak of nature. I perspire but, not under my arms.

I never have to use deodorant.

If it's hot out and I'm active, my forehead, neck and back of knees sweat but that is it.

Anyone other freaks of nature out there? It would be nice to know I'm not the only one.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

That makes sense, I will try it.

And thanks again for the thread

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I just use rubbing alcohol most of the time but I will check into this.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

Lime works as well. I use this rock/crystal. And will use lime when I work out really hard, or notice I'm having a bad bo day.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

never tried lime. how does that work? you just sponge it on from a bottle with a cotton ball? seems like it would make you sticky.

sometimes BO isn't such a bad thing. It keeps people away from you LOL.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

No, no, no. Just split a lime open an then rub one of the ends on your armpit. That seems a waste though, you can squeeze them first, to get more juice out.

(post by jiten005 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

They work, you can get them in cylinder shape and you make them a bit wet before you rub them under your arms. One costs like 3-4€ (4-7$ probably) and they last almost a year.

www.medpex.de...

top topics

join