It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPA Moves to Regulate How Long You Spend in the Shower

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe

originally posted by: Cygnis

originally posted by: xuenchen
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is taking ultra-micro-managment to new heights.

Also, the Beltway bureauweenies think your sheets and towels are too clean:

The program also encourages “linen and towel reuse programs” in guest rooms.

THAT... OMG... hello!! HYGIENE!

Yuck, I do NOT want to dry my face off, and smell some other person's behind still stained in the towels!

gak!

I think the "re-use" they're talking about is same people who stay more than one night. I sure hope they don't expect us to use someone else's towel. That would make me for sure to BYOT.

Agreed. and I don't mind re-using my own..

For sure bring your own towel should it go the other way, tho..

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

originally posted by: Cygnis

THAT... OMG... hello!! HYGIENE!

Yuck, I do NOT want to dry my face off, and smell some other person's behind still stained in the towels!

The "linen and towel reuse program" ENCOURAGES guests to VOLUNTARILY reuse THEIR OWN TOWELS if they stay more than one night.

Whoever wrote this hit piece was either intentionally misrepresenting the program or an idiot.

Perhaps they read that, and their mind went "Eeeeww" just as much as mine did, and they wrote it that way..

./shudder..

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

a reply to: DelMarvel

It's always like that when they start regulations.

They worm their way in slowly.

Then impose the crippling regulations when everybody's in the comfort zones.

So, it's accurate reporting to use the term "regulate" now when that is clearly not happening because you believe this will lead to regulation? That's BS in my book. By the way, this program is NINE YEARS old. Which means it started during "Bush's EPA" not "Obama's EPA" as being claimed by the usual myriad right wing sources. Just more partisan crap.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I get the sense this has nothing to do with water conservation.

It has ever so much to do with CONTROL.

The amount of water on Earth hasn't substantially changed over the past 4.5 billion years. This is a known scientific fact. And, if you've ever read my posts on evolution, you know how infrequently I espouse scientific facts.

edit on 1732015 by Snarl because: Autocorrect

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
The amount of water on Earth has in substantially changed over the past 4.5 billion years. This is a known scientific fact.

Who cares what happened billions of years ago? A relevant scientific fact is the relatively few years we have left before we drain all the aquifers.

National Geographic.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

People taking showers isn't the reason aquifers are drying up.

Maybe the EPA time (and money) would better used desalinating ocean water and building water pumping stations.

Did you know 'the power' of Rome was driven by its aquifer systems?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Voyager1
It just gets a little be more freaking ridiculous every day doesn't it?
Sometimes I think some of these folks have nothing better to do than sit around think tankin on how to aggravate the pure hell out of people.

And the citizens of the US stand by and do nothing
do not write their congressmen
do not write their senators
do not write the white house
when it is so easy these days with email

The sheeple just stand by and gripe to each other
and moan about how it is hopeless to complain
and before you know it
1984 has arrived.

Welcome to one more small step toward 1984
in the name of "it is for the good of everyone"
and everyone just moaning and doing nothing.

And we slowly march down the totalitarian pathway
like good little sheeple.

edit on 6Tue, 17 Mar 2015 18:42:24 -0500pm31703pmk172 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

So, it's accurate reporting to use the term "regulate" now when that is clearly not happening because you believe this will lead to regulation? That's BS in my book. By the way, this program is NINE YEARS old. Which means it started during "Bush's EPA" not "Obama's EPA" as being claimed by the usual myriad right wing sources. Just more partisan crap.

Ummmm, I fail to see the partisan crap in the OP.

You need to relook at it, you are projecting something that is not there.

Just because you may know the writer of the OP is conservative, doesn't mean there is one partisan word in it.

You are just reacting to the author rather than the content of the OP.

The EPA has been around through many administrations, on both sides, and has always put out regulations that are intrusive, horrifically expensive to the business person, and frequently interfere with private rights. It is what the agency actually does most of the time.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Now when they start the "Toilet Paper re-use Campaign" that's when I put my foot down!

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

And the citizens of the US stand by and do nothing

And what exactly do you suggest we do about the "study"?

On what grounds and reason?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

Ummmm, I fail to see the partisan crap in the OP.

Re-read what i wrote:

"By the way, this program is NINE YEARS old. Which means it started during "Bush's EPA" not "Obama's EPA" as being claimed by the usual myriad right wing sources. Just more partisan crap."

I was talking about other sources like Rushlimbaugh.com which are pushing this story as being Obama's fault. But the original story is also intentionally making it look like the plan is to reuse linens and towels from other guests when that is not the case because it's an attack on the EPA from the political right.

And as long as we're source checking, everyone is taking this story word for word straight from the Washington Free Beacon which was co-founded by neocon Michael Goldfarb from the Project For A New American Century. Their headline right now is "Bibi Forever." Right wing hacks. Just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

People taking showers isn't the reason aquifers are drying up.

Maybe the EPA time (and money) would better used desalinating ocean water and building water pumping stations.

Did you know 'the power' of Rome was driven by its aquifer systems?

Desalination plants aren't really a solution, they cause just as many problems as they solve. Furthermore they are only viable for areas with a lot of coastline. Desalination results in massive results of leftover salt that has to be pumped back into the ocean. The amount of salt creates huge dead zones unless it's diluted over a large area. A state like California could get away with it, but not everyone can. On top of that you have the issue of electricity generation to run the plants. Desalination is very costly energy wise, and the US still primarily uses coal power plants, and would likely have to here because the cost per kwh is a concern. That in turn increases the carbon footprint.

Unless we can build some thorium nuclear plants, or a lot of geothermal plants (again, something California is well equipped to handle) we don't really have a good way of generating the needed power. Good luck getting a power plant built though, especially a nuclear one.

Desalination is a huge problem and it's not as simple as just building plants.

On the subject of Rome and their aqueducts. Rome was the first city in history to have over a million citizens and it was a feat that no one managed to repeat for nearly two thousand years. When Rome fell this system of water transport was destroyed, the city shrank from over a million people to just 15,000. What do you think is going to happen to us when our water runs out?
edit on 17-3-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Obama should have sent an email to Gina McCarthy to get this thing under control.

and there's some recent activity on the EPA website...
epa search

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Fine. Bumped.
Looks like somebody in the EPA stumbled over an old print of
"Cheaper by the Dozen" and saw dollar signs for Clifton Webb
demonstrating a '60 second wonder' with his clothes on.

If you're under 50 you probably don't get this ^. It's OK.. mom
was worried about his control freakiness too. On the other
hand, he had a lot of kids.
If I also remember, he unexpectedly died early in the movie...

I also am down to 75 seconds because my hair's longer than the
lady's, and the landlord put a restrictor on everything but my
tighty whities. He wouldn't dare go there, because to return
the favor I would water his lawn: grass would never again grow.

EDIT:: Mr. Davis, you're not short you're concentrated . My thanks
for borrowing the seasonal sot--- Sodom and Begorrah!
edit on 17-3-2015 by derfreebie because: I'll give myself cretin where it's due...

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Can you tell me what regulation is getting put in place here.

Can anyone tell me?
edit on thTue, 17 Mar 2015 21:07:20 -0500America/Chicago320152080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

1) It's a voluntary program.
2) It helps businesses save money.
3) They're hardly going to establish the New World Order on a budget of 15 grand.
4) Look what's going on in California and Brazil. Mandatory water regulation is the future.

Thanks for making all of the points I was going to make. As soon as I saw the price tag of $15,000 it was pretty obvious this wasn't anything anyone at the EPA actually cared about.

This was my favorite line from the OP's source:

Contrary to liberal belief, water is not lost forever once it goes down the shower drain. The same water has been used over and over again since dinosaurs were using it.

I'm not familiar with the source, doe we know for sure that this isn't satire?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Funny how many people are calling out big gubment and what not but no one can link a regulation.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

You're just being partisan, asking for actual facts, you know! You're anti-belief, because you should just believe that this is something bad and evil regardless of there being absolutely no evidence for 99.9% of the "wailing and gnashing of teeth" that has taken place in this thread ... and how dare you suggest that there's a difference in how conservatives react to anything coded with their trigger words ... EPA, IRS, etc.

For shame, Stremmos.

/s

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
It always starts with the "innocent" and wholesome sounding appeals.

WaterSense H2Otel Challenge

and they've even got a recruitment program !!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

So do you see a t in my name too?

And ya I don't know what I was thinking, I guess i should of just took "moon battery"s word for it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join