It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

La. Bill To Ban Kids From Using Uzis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Louisiana Representative Barbra Norton has filed a bill for the upcoming legislative session that would make it illegal to supply a child 12 or under with an Uzi sub-machine gun. She says kids are not big enough to handle such a large weapon in a safe manner. "When I think about a machine gun and about a child who is 12-year-old trying to hold it and maintain it to keep it pointing in one direction," said Norton. "Well I have a concern about that."

Wait a minute, a machine gun or an Uzi? A machine gun by definition is fully auto. And why only Uzis? Why not go for all "machine guns"? This woman doesn't have the first clue of what a gun is or how to handle one.

You can't just go buy a Class 3, it's a process... m.wikihow.com...

And how many Class 3 holders are careless with their weapons or perhaps let their 12 year old fire them without supervision? I'd say about 0%....

She goes on-

"Once you start shooting the Uzi, it's going to keep going and going and going and bullets could go anywhere," Norton said. Norton says people are accidentally shot all the time and she feels that the risk for a tragedy is greatly increased when a Uzi is in the hands of a child. She says kids 12 and under don't have the size to be able to handle shooting a machine gun. "It wouldn't be on purpose, but when you're holding a machine gun I would think you have to have some kind of balance and hold it steady."

Unbelievable the people we elect to serve in government.

Let's make MORE gun laws, that'll stop violence!! Makes me wonder if anybody ever even reads the annual FBI crime statistics, I guess not.

www.wwl.com...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Signals

Wait a minute, a machine gun or an Uzi?

Nope, just the Uzi 9MM.

Next thing you know she will try to ban phased plasma rifles in the 40 watt range.

edit on 17-3-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
You seem to be under the impression that more guns and less restriction will lead to less crime. How's that working out for you as a nation?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
When I was 12 I was lucky if I had a cap gun. A machine cap gun would be the way to go, no? Do caps even still exist?
edit on 17-3-2015 by Aleister because: and does anyone else remember them?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: IvanAstikov
How's that working out for you as a nation?

Quite well, thank you for asking. Violent crime has been falling since the early 1990's while gun ownership has been rising.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

Do caps even still exist?

Yes, but you need to wait 30 days for a background check by ATF prior to purchasing them.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

You seem to be under the impression that more guns and less restriction will lead to less crime. How's that working out for you as a nation?

You seem to be under the impression that just anyone can own an Uzi over here.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You're believing the crime figures provided by a self-serving police force, are you?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
When I was 12 I was lucky if I had a cap gun. A machine cap gun would be the way to go, no? Do caps even still exist?

Thanks for the laugh.

That gave me a whole new image to "pop a cap in someone's @ss."

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

You're believing the crime figures provided by a self-serving police force, are you?

Yeah, because if they were lying some foaming at the mouth anti-gunner would have called them out on it by now.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Yeah it is stupid, But recently a child got out of control with a Ozzie at a gun range. Equipment i think supplied at the gun range and supervised. Just and accident. Maybe the rages or that range should have a policy towards children. Or a safer environment to shoot them so no one else is effected. With side and only one way to Aim it down range.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No, more like under the impression that far too many of you gun advocates see no problem with undeveloped minds being allowed to play with dangerous tools.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

How would they prove any different? Nobody else is recording all the crimes committed, that I'm aware of.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: roth1

Yeah it is stupid, But recently a child got out of control with a Ozzie at a gun range.

My God. They have a Prince of Darkness automatic weapon now? I need one.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

How would they prove any different? Nobody else is recording all the crimes committed, that I'm aware of.

Nope, no one records anything. We just leave the dead bodies in the street and hope the families never figure out that they are missing.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Was there a joke in there somewhere, or was that a poor attempt at sarcasm?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Was there a joke in there somewhere, or was that a poor attempt at sarcasm?

You seem to be a smart fellow who has it all figured out. You tell me.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
there have been a couple full auto accidents with Uzis over the last few years in the hands of kids at the range. A few fatalities have occurred. Yes they are a little more tricky to handle due to design than say an AR15 or AK47. UZIs kind of rock when on full auto if you dont control it.

honestly any full auto requires a fair amount of skill. Its not like the movies.

Not sure how I feel about a law like this. My gut feeling is that its bad and its just jerkoff feel good legislation that doesnt do anything. Parents should know better than to let young shooters play around with full autos. There are exceptions to the rule as with everything. I have seen young kids who can handle them just fine with enough practice.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Nah, I'd rather let you try and work it out for yourself. Spoon-feeding doesn't help anybody but babies.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

No, more like under the impression that far too many of you gun advocates see no problem with undeveloped minds being allowed to play with dangerous tools.

*snort*

There is no need to ban kids from having something that is not available to the general public at large.

But maybe we should just be extra careful and add plastic explosives to this bill. It's the only way to be sure ...
edit on 17-3-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join