It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom Ordered to Stay Away From Baby Before Decapitation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
That was a hard thread title to write. I am on my phone, so this will be brief. A Cincinnati mother is behind bars for murdering her 3 month old daughter. Children's Services recently placed the infant with an aunt of the mother.

For some reason, the mom wasn't hospitalized after being diagnosed w/post pardum psychosis. Not sure why she was allowed to move in with the aunt, but someone dropped the ball.

customwire.ap.org...

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
There will probably be lots of people who will say how horrible the Mother is.

Postpartum psychosis is real and a lot more prevalent than most people realize.

The mother can literally hallucinate and think her baby is the devil or even a grapefruit that needs cutting.

Many of the women who kill or flush their babies actually have postpartum psychosis.

It is a severe illness, one where the Mother is so mentally ill as to not know what she is doing.

She will probably get a lot of jail time because our country doesn't understand it and neither do prosecutors or judges.

Rather than jail time, she needs to be hospitalized for probably a year or more and then given grief counseling as she realizes what she has done. She will suffer with guilt and remorse far more than a judge could make her suffer once she recovers from her psychosis, which normally lasts about one year.

The person/people responsible is whoever let her near the baby after she was diagnosed with postpartum depression.
That is who should serve jail time.

Thank you for raising awareness of this very serious mental illness that affect many many women.

edit on 4Tue, 17 Mar 2015 16:55:45 -0500pm31703pmk172 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Here is a link to an interview with the baby's father. In the above article, the prosecutor said he had not been located.

Link

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

I agree. There will be a lot of people demanding her execution. But, I blame the case worker, her doctors and even the aunt, somewhat.

The county and caseworkers should have stopped her from being around the baby at all. Not sure who dropped the ball.

If they knew about her living there, that's just terrible, IMHO.

edit on 17-3-2015 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Agreed, medical treatment most needed for her, but.....what's the 'before decapitation' refer to? Who or what is getting decapitated, and what does that even mean?
edit on 17-3-2015 by Aleister because: decapitated

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Where are all the people arguing the injustice of taking children from their biological parents now?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Really? This woman should be punished, hard. I understand that postpartum related mental problems can be a serious matter, but I'm not buying that these women suddenl turn into Heath Ledger's Joker. There had to be clear enough moments when the mom realized she needed some help.

At what point will you begin to hold others accountable for their actions?

People are blaming the case workers, the state, everyone except the mom who removed the head from a precious baby girl.

String her up.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: lambs to lions
Really? This woman should be punished, hard. I understand that postpartum related mental problems can be a serious matter, but I'm not buying that these women suddenl turn into Heath Ledger's Joker. There had to be clear enough moments when the mom realized she needed some help.

People are blaming the case workers, the state, everyone except the mom who removed the head from a precious baby girl.

String her up.

"Postpartum psychosis: A very serious mental illness that can affect a new mother. The episode of psychosis usually begins within 1 to 3 months of delivery. A woman with postpartum psychosis may lose touch with reality and have auditory hallucinations (hearing things that are not actually happening, like a person talking) and delusions (perceiving things differently from the way they are). Visual hallucinations (seeing things that are not there) are less common. Other symptoms may include insomnia, agitation, anger, and irrational guilt about somehow having done something wrong. Women who have postpartum psychosis need prompt treatment and almost always need medication. If they are at risk for hurting themselves or someone else, women with postpartum psychosis need to be in a hospital."
www.medicinenet.com...

"Postpartum psychosis is a severe mental illness with a dramatic onset shortly after childbirth, affecting approximately 1-2 in 1000 deliveries. However, the review notes that the true incidence may be higher. Common symptoms include mania, severe depression, delusions and hallucinations, confusion, bewilderment or perplexity, all of which increase the risk for both mother and child."
psychcentral.com...

These are just a couple of articles on postpartum psychosis on google, there are hundreds more.

Read up on it before you judge the mother.
I'm not going to post more links, you can research it yourself.

edit on 5Tue, 17 Mar 2015 17:27:03 -0500pm31703pmk172 by grandmakdw because: addition format

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Too late. I've judged, and I wouldn't call myself impartial. I've got a 4 month old little girl and the devil himself would be jealous of the horrors I would commit upon someone that harmed her.

Hallucinations may have played a part. However, as parents we don't have the luxury of making poor decisions in regards to our children. That little girl looked at her mother as her ultimate protector. She knew better than to be around that baby in her condition.

Hopefully the mom will "wake up" as you guys believe this garbage, then maybe she will do us all a favor and...

edit on 17-3-2015 by lambs to lions because: Add

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Read the article. I'm on my phone and didn't go into the crime that much in the OP.

It's quite disturbing to think and write about, honestly.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Too late. I've judged, and I wouldn't call myself impartial. I've got a 4 month old little girl and the devil himself would be jealous of the horrors I would commit upon someone that harmed her.

Hallucinations may have played a part. However, as parents we don't have the luxury of making poor decisions in regards to our children. That little girl looked at her mother as her ultimate protector. She knew better than to be around that baby in her condition.

Hopefully the mom will "wake up" as you guys believe this garbage, then maybe she will do us all a favor and...

You have obviously never experienced or been exposed to someone who is truly mentally ill, with full blown hallucinations, visual and auditory. It sounds like this may be what happened here.

Unfortunately, my sister's, sister-in-law had this type of psychosis with each of her three children and had to be hospitalized for a year after each one of them. Don't ask me why they kept having children, that I don't understand.

Also, I personally knew a woman who after the birth of her child had these exact symptoms and was hospitalized for over a year. She fortunately did not hurt her child, as it was recognized early and she was hospitalized before she had access to the baby.

Many times in full blown psychosis, the person doesn't even recognize the child as a child, or as their own child, but sees it as something horrific that needs to be killed, or even an inanimate object that needs to be cut up, like a chicken from the store. There is NO maternal instinct at all that kicks in with the worst of the psychosis cases.

edit on 6Tue, 17 Mar 2015 18:24:56 -0500pm31703pmk172 by grandmakdw because: spelling

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I totally agree. I do not understand how people can hear of a tragedy like this and think of the mother as a typical malicious criminal. Yet we still have a nation that treats mental illness with prison. Postpartum mental issues are very real yet so often overlooked. I googled a picture of the mother and I started to cry, knowing she will never be "ok" after this. I hope she's able to find redemption for herself someday. Who knows, maybe she'll start an institution to prevent things like this from happening.

This was absolutely preventable.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: lambs to lions

She's obviously and completely insane.

I'm guessing she wasn't medicated nor being monitored. They're being slow with the other side of the story. For starters, I'd like to know how she ended up under the same roof with the baby.

And, who from the county knew that. Someone that deranged should've been intensely monitored, imho. Actually it seems like she should have been hospitalized.

Inpatient psych unit.

My point is, more than one person failed to keep this infant safe.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

I feel bad for all involved. Especially the child who found the infant and thefamily. The prosecutor, LEO's who responded (Cincy has a decent police dept.) and even the coroner.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Yes, many people indeed. Infant and child related violence brings out the rage in me.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Imagine somebody spiked your drink with bathsalts and you harmed your daughter as a result. You would snap out of it, gaining clarity of your actions one fuzzy image at a time until you concluded that you no longer had a daughter and it was because of what your hands did.

Are you at fault? No. There are things your body does to your brain that you have absolutely no control over, whether from outside influences or not. This isn't some behavioral issue that needs punishing. You are the type of person who needs a person to blame for everything, even if no person is to blame. It's the type of thinking that got witches burned if the crops didn't grow fast enough and why the Aztecs sacrificed children when it didn't rain.

It's tragic like a natural disaster. You need to realize that our bodies can have their own natural disasters.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

I completely feel for that woman and the family.

I have had a taste of what it is like to lose your mind. I was once misdiagnosed and prescribed medications which because of the misdiagnosis made my actual ailment a 100 times worse. I had no idea what was happening or why. I knew something was wrong tried getting help but no one would listen. In fact the doctor whom I turned to told me to increase the dosage of what was causing my symptoms.

I was all kinds of messed up with fleeting murderous thoughts, missing time, and hallucinations both visual and audio.

That was probably the worst point in my life. I remember having fleeting moments of lucidity where I tried to find help. The current system is not set up to help people who ask for it.

I got lucky because when I had finally had enough and decided that I would end it one way or another. By a fluke, I failed and wound up in a hospital where within the mandatory three days the they realized the medications were causing me to lose my mind. Even though I had tried to check myself in their twice before telling them there was something wrong and I was losing it only to be turned away.

I am just saying I can kind of empathise with what she may have been experiencing though I am sure she was probably way worse and it is very easy or me to believe that people dropped the ball when she did try to get help.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I like how you just make guesses here without actually knowing what you're talking about.

My wife is the sanest human being on this planet (this has been proven objectively) but she suffered from postpartum psychosis--and, yes, it does cause hallucinations and it can hit out-of-the-blue.

One second everything has been fine and your giving baby a bath, the next second you have your first episode and are drowning the antichrist.

mens rea

People are blaming the case workers, the state, everyone except the mom who removed the head from a [appeal to emotion removed].

Because the state is the epitome of evil and ignorance and should be destroyed.

String her up.

Don't worry, once her body loses all of those excess pregnancy hormones, she will most likely string herself up and commit suicide once her sanity returns and she realizes she wasn't battling a demon.
edit on 17-3-2015 by LewsTherinThelamon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Hopefully the mom will "wake up" as you guys believe this garbage

People who belive that science is "garbage" shouldn't be allowed to voice their opinions on sciences' mediums.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I agree postpartum psychosis is a real and terrible thing for a mother to experience. She had already been diagnosed prior to this incident, given medicine, and allowed to go home. WTF?! Appears to me the mental health professional(s) who originally diagnosed her dropped the ball.

Why in God's name would someone allow her back on the street? They had placed the baby with a family member, who ultimately allowed her to move into their home. The whole system failed miserably.

BUT, when do we hold the mother accountable? Ever? Never? That is the only part of this that really concerns me about this incident. What happens when the Dr.'s say she is fine and should be released into society? Is she then tried for her crime, or just released? I have seen the system screw up so many times in the past, I find no reason to trust that same system again.

Murdering your own child, regardless the underlying factors, is not to be taken as a cut and dried defense for your actions.

Rather than jail time, she needs to be hospitalized for probably a year or more and then given grief counseling as she realizes what she has done. She will suffer with guilt and remorse far more than a judge could make her suffer once she recovers from her psychosis, which normally lasts about one year.

This is the quote that got me. After a year, where does she go? Release her, or institutionalize her? No part of society should be subjected to this woman, ever, IMHO. Do you honestly believe that is all she should face? I'm really looking for the answers on this one because my first reaction was to decapitate her, in a slow manner.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join