It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin up's the ante!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

A nuclear war, would impact major cities, and High value targets. Not every inch of this country is a HVT.

I think if you hit a country's power, and/or took out their main food growing regions they would all be goners over time. We live in a world that needs servicing, we don't have local anything anymore.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I've already shown my sources multiple times I feel no reason to do it again. In part you did it yourself by showing the $1.3 billion Ukraine exported into 2013. No you cannot export $1 trillion worth of natural gas/oil in a year. But Saudi Arabia has exported well over $1 trillion since they began exports.

You have a problem even to read the data right that I gave you on a platter. It is not $ but cubic meters of gas and it is about one quarter of percent of total gas production in Russia.

Do I need to argue with you more ? I think not. You have already proved that mathematics is not your strong point.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: nwtrucker

I've been hearing continually since the 70s about nuclear war. No one has been crazy enough to start it not even Pakistan. While putin's threat is still ringing in my ears. I myself cannot believe anyone would be crazy enough to use nukes again.

It is actually surprising it has not happened, there are so many crazy people. So many who don't care about all of the innocent and think how many when they have cancer or are going to die anyway could feel like starting it all before they check out. Hate is rampant in this world.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

No what you proven is I don't pay much attention to Russian propagandist. As soon as you quoted RT I know you're full of it because that is not a new source it is a propaganda machine. Prove me wrong quote one article that is critical of Putin from RT. Not a piece that starts off with a minor complaint against him and in the end makes excuses for him.

Quote me one single article from RT that is absolutely critical of his moves or ambitions.
edit on 18-3-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Know what you proven is I don't pay much attention to Russian propagandist. As soon as you quoted RT I know you're full of it because that is not a new source it is a propaganda machine. Prove me wrong quote one article that is critical of Putin from RT. Not a piece that starts off with a minor complaint against him and in the end makes excuses for him.

Quote me one single article from RT that is absolutely critical of his moves or ambitions.

I'm not going to prove your side away trolling meaningless comments. We are talking about "trillions of dollars" worth ofoil and gas resources in Crimea. Bring me your numbers and we can continue ... may be.I told you you are exaggerating, prove me wrong. I'm not interested in another round of bickering what is RT , how reliable they are and so on. We are talking business, if there are trillions of $$$$ I may want to explore it myself lol

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I knew you couldn't come up with one source from RT critical of Putin.

I'll not lay all my cards on the table yet I plan a rather lengthy threat on this. So here I will give you the asset seizure from a state owned subsidiary of the Ukrainian government with already explored oil/gas deposits in the black sea.
take note this does not even include newly discovered fields( which Russia entered into negotiations with the Ukraine for but failed to obtain rights to the gas/oil) and their estimates you will see those in my thread.

The US may have gone to war for oil in Iraq. But we practice a capture and release policy. On the other hand Russia practices a capture oil and keep policy.

The company has licenses for 17 fields, including 11 gas fields, four oil fields and two gas condensate fields.[12] It licenses for offshore fields include Odeske, Shtormove, Prykerchenske, Holitsynske, Arkhangelske, Bezimenne, Subbotinske, and Strilkove. In addition it owns licenses for Jankoy and Semenwckoye onshore fields. Its total reserves of all fields are estimated at 58.6 billion cubic metres (2.07×1012 cu ft) of natural gas, 1.231 million tons of natural-gas condensate, and 2.53 million tons of crude oil.[13] In 2013, Chornomornaftogaz produced 1.651 billion cubic metres (58.3×109 cu ft) of natural gas.[1] In 2012, it produced 1.174 billion cubic metres (41.5×109 cu ft) of natural gas, 62,800 tonnes of natural-gas condensate, and 8,900 tonnes of crude oil.[14] The research group IHS reported that in 2013 Chornomorneftegaz accounted for 7.9% of Ukraine's gas production and 2.4% of its oil production.[3]

source

This is only one small part of the development of the oil/natural gas fields.

I will have no further correspondence with you because I do not want to give you any ammo when I open my thread on Putin's war for oil.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Bravo, this time you at last started to quote some numbers.

But I still think you have a vague understanding what is "trillion dollars", remember from what we started this "correspondence". I said you are exaggerating.
To give you some clue have a look on this page www.eia.gov...

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I can agree with that, but Im not too sure about BRICS. It would seem to defeat the purpose for Putin to uproot the Rothschild funding within his own boarders, and then join another Rothschild funded organization I havent done much research on BRICS, but my initial guess is that it is designed to destroy the present central banking system. So it seems that a new global central bank is competing with the existing one. I dont consider that to be a good thing...any globalized central banking system is dangerous, but I do see a global power struggle here.

Its not about who the good or bad guys are. They're all disgusting. Its about who's going to get the biggest piece of the NWO pie.

I honestly dont care which nation comes out on top. The end-game has already been predetermined. There is no escaping it.
edit on 18-3-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Apparently you are the one with math problems. Saudi Arabia exported $274 billion worth of oil and 2013 alone according to your source. If those statistics are kept up for five years that's $1 trillion. You must have a problem with basic comprehension of the English language. The reserves I quoted In Crimea exceed $1 trillion. Not that they're going to pump $1 trillion out of the ground per year. Lmao

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Meet the new boss the same as the old boss. It's all smoke and mirrors the same people are going to remain in charge of the banking system.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

The reserves I quoted In Crimea exceed $1 trillion

The reserves you quoted are bloated estimates as ALL oil companies do when it is needed. The figures I showed are closer to real revenues, so you are arguing that Crimean reserves worth 4 years of Saudia revenues. Nothing compares to Saudia, Crimea will not have this amount even if they pump 100 years. Get real. Crimean reserves are on par with Bulgarian in the Black sea if not less. There is very little oil, bit more of gas, but nothing extraordinary.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Not everyone starting wars because of oil (wink, wink america). There is some gas fields near Crimea shoreline, but it is not something extraordinary like you trying to paint it (and your source)

Dont be naive, Putin is ex-KGB. He wants emperialism just as bad as the White House does. The only difference is that Crimea voted for annexation, so it would be hypocritical for America to get in Putin's way...since we have a history of revolution and spreading "democracy" where it was not wanted, too.

This whole thing is just a turf war. Who's got the biggest "masterblaster"? Really, its childish. Rather that getting involved in everyone else's business like a Baptist soccer mom, we should be building our military to defend ourselves when the time comes. At this point we are spread way too thin, and there is no good choice: premeptive strikes will rain hell down on us, and if we wait, we'll be too weak to fight back. If this develops into a serious conflict, this will be America's last dance, and the world knows it.
edit on 18-3-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: added point

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Perhaps you are right.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Okay it's time to ask for your sources to your extraordinary claims. Prove the offshore oil/ gas estimates are grossly exaggerated outside of a Russian publication.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Good luck the left is GUTTING our military.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
a reply to: Cygnis

A nuclear war, would impact major cities, and High value targets. Not every inch of this country is a HVT.

I think if you hit a country's power, and/or took out their main food growing regions they would all be goners over time. We live in a world that needs servicing, we don't have local anything anymore.

You would truly have to be mad, to totally destroy any country's natural resources. The USSR's former "Bread-basket" was the Ukraine, due to it's fertile fields. It was what fed the people.

To take out the USA's wheat belt, would have catastrophic results, not just locally, but globally, as we export, I think it's something like 60% of our Wheat.

Then again, I think you would have to be mad to launch a nuclear strike on any country, as what goes around, comes around eventually, especially in the atmosphere.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Backfires don't = Nukes. They are nuke capable but rarely carry them on deployment. They are actually configured currently for anti-shipping and carrier interdiction roles. The have an important place in the Black Sea where they can literally have their take of shipping caught in the congested waters. This is why we will never put a CV in the Black Sea. The Backfires can and will wreak havoc on even the most advanced AEGIS systems.

We wouldn't risk it. A sunk carrier does however = nuclear retaliation. It's in the playbook.
edit on 18-3-2015 by aholic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: aholic

But backfires are nuclear capable cruise launch able vehicles. Along with other systems Putin has already said he is going to put in place. Do I believe they'll be a nuclear war? No never in my opinion.

Besides there's absolutely no reason for an aircraft carrier to go into the Black Sea .

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: aholic

American navy have nothing to do in the Black sea. USA you get lost, go back to Mexican shores.

Just appearance of american carrier in Black sea is a reason to nuke mainland USA.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Respect to all
After reading majority of the posts I can't help but wonder if Fear is the end goal here. After all FEAR is what drives our societies today. Imho I don't think this will result in a nuclear holocaust....though reports suggest otherwise.

Food 4 thought. ....could this be a misdirection for something else....

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join