It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin up's the ante!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
Quite simply because any Russian incursion into Finland would prove an expansionist agenda from Russia, it would be clear indication that Putin is on a path to expand Russian territory, and strengthening of Russia is not something the world would sit back and ignore.

But Russia has done this already over and over! They have put a military base in a part of Moldova they carved away from that country. They have put several bases in Georgia in two enclaves they have carved away from that country. Now they have annexed part of Ukraine outright. And what has NATO done about it? The sheer volume of NATO press releases is getting dangerous actually...for paper cuts or monitor eye strain.

Public opinion would also have considerable sway in NATO. The public would view this expansion as a direct threat to Europe and numerous countries would be demanding that action be taken to stop Putin from progressing to any other territory.

I'm not so sure losing a part of Finland would bring a huge public outcry. The north isn't heavily populated. NATO is really the USA. How close are relations between the US and Finland? To be honest the US was pumping up Georgia much more when it got invaded.

You say public interest would bring NATO in. I doubt that. The US doesn't have any strategic interests in Finland.

We'll agree to disagree and that's normal. It shows that NATO has not sent out clear messages of what non-members can expect in the face of Russian aggression. This lack of clear messaging from NATO is what Russia sees. It is what guides Russia's actions.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick
Northern fleet would break down before it reached Scotland, the SSBN may make it, but if you are going to use them, your fleet isn't needed.

I walked the deck of a Russian missile cruiser months before they sold it to India. That was on the other side of the Earth from it's home port. Believe me, the ships still do what they were built to do.

On a side note, the Captain on deck decided to chew out a officer of the crew on shore quite a distance away. He bellowed so loud the whole ship shut up and everyone stopped walking along the dock. I think he had a surgically implanted megaphone in his throat!

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: voiceofthecielago

Since WWII what countries in Europe have taken parts of another country?

Only one.

Russia

Guess who wants War?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

Since WWII what countries in Europe have taken parts of another country?

Only one.

Russia

Guess who wants War?

Can You tell me exactly which countries and how many soldiers they used? Do You know about poll made by "Die Welt" in Crimea? 75% peoples wants to be in Russia...
Im not talking about Chechenya. This was wrong. But actually it wasnt Putins job...

I dont have to guess who wants war. I know that. Because im watching news and live in a country near Russia... USA wants war. BTW, i like this phrase "since WWII"... Reminds me about list of countries bombed by USA since WWII:

China 1945-46
Korea 1950-53
China 1950-53
Guatemala 1954
Indonesia 1958
Cuba 1959-60
Guatemala 1960
Belgian Congo 1964
Guatemala 1964
Dominican Republic 1965-66
Peru 1965
Laos 1964-73
Vietnam 1961-73
Cambodia 1969-70
Guatemala 1967-69
Lebanon 1982-84
Grenada 1983-84
Libya 1986
El Salvador 1981-92
Nicaragua 1981-90
Iran 1987-88
Libya 1989
Panama 1989-90
Iraq 1991
Kuwait 1991
Somalia 1992-94
Bosnia 1995
Iran 1998
Sudan 1998
Afghanistan 1998
Yugoslavia – Serbia 1999
Afghanistan 2001
Libya 2011

And there are more countries that were literally destroyed by USA. They bringed "democracy" there...

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Maybe Im late reporting this, but it seems that Putin plans on nationalizing the Bank of Russian, and severing all connections with the Rothschilds. Historically this has always resulted in war and/or assassination. Perhaps Putin's disappearance can be explained by his planning for this event and the nukes are a warning to the first Rothschild nation who might seek to interfere with his plans.

It wanst until Hilter cut his ties from the Bush banking family that America made any real effort to destroy him. When Andrew Jackson kicked out the Rothschild money, there was an assassination attempt on his life. Then we have JFK who tried to part ways with the Federal Reserve, and Im sure everyone remembers Gaddafi in Libya when he tried to set up his own national currency.

This is why Putin is on the defense.
edit on 18-3-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: learnatic

Since you call Paul Wolfowitz, neoconservative. What would you call Putin neoimperialist, Neolunatic, Neonationalist or a Neogangster pick one or come up with your own term ?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

All great points. Except Putin isn't on the defense he is on the offense. And he is on the offense for oil/gas and areas to lay pipe line.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

That argument has been soundly defeated many of those 164 bases have under 10 military personnel some of them are weather stations with one or two military personnel and some of them are embassies with marine guards.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Russia just like NATO have military industrial complexes that need to be producing weapons and getting massive funding. Problem with that is the world has become a rather peaceful place. Large scale conflicts all but stopped after the cold war.

This is however a double edged sword because you need to convince the people the other guy is the enemy and walking this tight rope is not possible in the age of the internet and instant communication. So this will slowly spin out of control this time around and could lead to a real honest to goodness WW3.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Im sure Putin does have his own plans for global domination, but at this point I think he is simply trying to survive the severance from the Bankers. It wont be long before one of Rothschild's puppet nations launches some sort of false flag to rile us up for war.

Dont get me wrong, I dont take sides in this fight, but I must admit that Putin has big pair to challenge the banksters this way. For the time being he certainly is at a disadvantage, so he's using the threat of nuclear war until he can get his national bank established.

He is basically leaving the mafia, so to speak.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

The sheer volume of NATO press releases is getting dangerous actually...for paper cuts or monitor eye strain.

Which brings a question to mind. Can you get a Purple Heart for a paper cut? Lol

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Yeah but look at the areas he seized. South Odessa there are already plans for a new gas pipeline. In the Crimea he seized trillions of dollars worth of old and new oil/gas fields in the Black Sea.

He may well be trying to survive a attack by the central banks. But carving off the best parts of other countries is not the civilized way to do it.

And I have mentioned this repeatedly. If you don't think that brics is controlled by the same people that now control the central banks. You must be from out of town, it's just that we've caught on to the central banking issue. So the Bankster's are moving on to a new deception.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

In the Crimea he seized trillions of dollars worth of old and new oil/gas fields in the Black Sea.

Come on, don't exaggerate. Even if there is some oil, it wouldn't be explored for a very long time. Crimea is too valuable as a resort, Russians don't have enough beaches, they are not going to spoil it with dirty oil exploration. For oil they have vast areas to explore in Western and Eastern Siberia.

To put some numbers, according to this article rt.com...

The Crimea is one of the largest regions in the Black Sea in terms of production of oil and gas. “It extracts now about 1.5 billion cubic meters of gas a year

For the year 2013 total gas production for Russian Federation was 669 billion cubic meters. en.wikipedia.org...
So, if 1.5 billion worth trillions of dollars, 669 is quadrillions of $

edit on 18-3-2015 by kitzik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik

In the Crimea he seized trillions of dollars worth of old and new oil/gas fields in the Black Sea.

Come on, don't exaggerate. Even if there is some oil, it wouldn't be explored for a very long time. Crimea is too valuable as a resort, Russians don't have enough beaches, they are not going to spoil it with dirty oil exploration. For oil they have vast areas to explore in Western and Eastern Siberia.

No exaggeration whatsoever in the amount of fossil fuels he seized.

When Russia seized Crimea in March, it acquired not just the Crimean landmass but also a maritime zone more than three times its size with the rights to underwater resources potentially worth trillions of dollars. Russia portrayed the takeover as reclamation of its rightful territory, drawing no attention to the oil and gas rush that had recently been heating up in the Black Sea. But the move also extended Russia’s maritime boundaries, quietly giving Russia dominion over vast oil and gas reserves while dealing a crippling blow to Ukraine’s hopes for energy independence. Russia did so under an international accord that gives nations sovereignty over areas up to 230 miles from their shorelines. It had tried, unsuccessfully, to gain access to energy resources in the same territory in a pact with Ukraine less than two years earlier. “It’s a big deal,” said Carol R. Saivetz, a Eurasian expert in the Security Studies Program of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. “It deprives Ukraine of the possibility of developing these resources and gives them to Russia. It makes Ukraine more vulnerable to Russian pressure.”

source

Feel free to look up any of the oil/gas Fields, search oil gas deposits in Black Sea . Or oil/gas fields offshore of the Crimea peninsula.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Feel free to look up any of the oil/gas Fields, search oil gas deposits in Black Sea . Or oil/gas fields offshore of the Crimea peninsula.

Feel free to do it yourself. And come up with real numbers of output. Can you back up your trillions of dollars estimate ?
Not everyone starting wars because of oil (wink, wink america). There is some gas fields near Crimea shoreline, but it is not something extraordinary like you trying to paint it (and your source)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mister_Bit
the U.S. has 200 nuclear bombs with an overall capacity of 18 megatons

hahahaha oops, almost choked laughing then.

I would bet there are things worse than nukes out there now.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

I've already shown my sources multiple times I feel no reason to do it again. In part you did it yourself by showing the $1.3 billion Ukraine exported into 2013. No you cannot export $1 trillion worth of natural gas/oil in a year. But Saudi Arabia has exported well over $1 trillion since they began exports.

Putin is just a total gangster. He's took most of the Ukraine's natural resources and then sent them a bill for gas. Lmao

edit on 18-3-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phatdamage
There is a lot happening at the minute, and Russia is in the thick of it,

- Putin missing for 10 days, and no reason why,
- A lot of military tech from both sides in the area
- China stepping away from the war with Ukraine
- Diplomatic talks fail between Russia and Ukraine
- The financial predicament with Russia, enforced by the west
- MSM not picking any of this up, as far as I have seen only ATS has most of the information in place

War is coming, its dangerous times for all sides.

Could someone smarter than me, connect the dots, maybe one of our Mods?

Make a big thread covering all these breaking things.

An assassination attempt by the wrong group could spark everything.

Maybe the plan with the Feb. 27 assassination of Boris Nemtsov did not have the expected effects and they had to go to plan B and hit Puten.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

We're the big dog.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join