It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin up's the ante!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

I will say one thing about your people, you guys traditionally are excellent fighters.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

Now's a better time than any for Putin to make a move, Europe and the West will only get stronger and create a European military that will be ever more threatening on the US' say so. Putin should make the move while Europe is just a bunch of broken shards and save as much of Europe as he can. I would suggest starting with the UK, Scotland especially is ripe for the picking. Then create a bridge via Finland across to Norway as these are relatively weak military forces. This would give Russia naval dominance over Europe and would allow the rest of Europe to be surrounded on all sides. Hopefully China can keep the US occupied so that there won't be too much of a threat from the Atlantic. This could be achieved with or without the use of nuclear weapons.

LOL I love satire it so amusing.
edit on 17-3-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

How does one prepare for a potential thermonuclear war, other than by improving flexibility to kiss ones own ass goodbye?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: Mister_Bit

I don't know where you got that source I'd sure like to see it. Here read mine.

1922 strategic nuclear missile deployment.

It was a quote from a previous post...

"Russia reportedly thinks its tactical nukes are now better than both ours and NATO’s. NATO member countries have only 260 older tactical weapons. Sited in Germany, Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands and Turkey, the U.S. has 200 nuclear bombs with an overall capacity of 18 megatons. France has 60 atomic bombs. "

...but after re-reading it, I guess they mean in Europe.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
My question is, would Sweden come to the aid of Finland? Those two kind of have a territorial relationship like that of the US and Canada.

I'd like to say that Putin surely wouldn't be stupid enough to cross Sweden, but that man has lost all rationale. Or so it would seem...

Sweden is a honey badger. They are armed to the teeth.

Nobody wants to tussel with them.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

It really looks like things are heating up. Could Putin be crazy enough to actually use nuclear missiles if so it would be the end of the world as we know it.
a reply to: Greathouse

Just whom is backing whom into a corner, Never approach a cornered dog especially when it has lots of teeth.
Think back to Cuban missile situation and you know Kennedy was going to hit the button.
It's all oil and gas and nothing else so I would certainly look a little more into that If I were you.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Mister_Bit

I thought you might've got tactical nukes and Intercontinental ballistic missiles Mixed up no big deal. The problem is there's not much of a difference if the Russians launch a tactical nuke hypothetically and take out Kiev or any other city. NATO 's response is written in stone.

There will be retaliation. That's why the US doesn't have many tactical nuke's as soon as Any nuke goes off there will be an exchange.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Swedes likes us because we are between them and Russia and that gives them a feeling of comfort. During WW2 Sweden stayed neutral and didn´t go to the war, 8260 Swedes voluntary helped Finns against Russia during Winter War. I believe Sweden will do exactly the same as they did during WW2 if war starts. Did this answer your question ?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder

Another one that replies before they read the thread. Russia was given an invitation to join NATO they chose not to. Instead of making a move towards world peace, we are in this current ridiculous scenario.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

Another one that replies before they read the thread. Russia was given an invitation to join NATO they chose not to. Instead of making a move towards world peace, we are in this current ridiculous scenario.

Perhaps Russia chose to keep their heritage and their natural resources and government to themselves?
Not a bad idea in my opinion.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowen20

How does one prepare for a potential thermonuclear war, other than by improving flexibility to kiss ones own ass goodbye?

It depends..

Do you live by a major target? If yes, apply lips to cheeks, as you imply.

If no: Stock up on supplies, and such.. Because death by starvation is no fun. No guarantee you'll die of radiation quickly either, especially if you get winds from the north-westerly direction.

A nuclear war, would impact major cities, and High value targets. Not every inch of this country is a HVT.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Please read the thread before you broach this topic any further it has all been covered already. They could've kept all of their National and historic pride and still join NATO that would've been a new order of peace across Europe and Asia. Maybe even a move towards world peace instead of the current ridiculous scenario we are in now. If Russia would have joined NATO when Invited there was no way they could have been back in a corner because they would've been allies.
edit on 17-3-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Great way to fall behind while the rest of the civilized nations work together to sure up their technology, resources and economies. Isolation is a sure way to find yourself a 3rd world country while the rest of the world advances.

If you value nationalism over advancement then go for it. Just don't cry when the rest of the world is eating and traveling the stars and your still fighting over the empty vodka bottle.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I never bought into the "Russia is backed into a corner" argument.

I'd more believe that Putin, himself,is who's backed into a corner. His disappearance possibly was due to a credible internal threat that has been 'resolved'.

However, if the reports are true of his pilfering Russian funds, reports suggest 20+ billion, then he's the one who is out of maneuvering room.

Oil prices well below 50 per barrel. F-35s now being assembled in Italy with his bench tests for the PAK-FA are still a year away, His military and personal position can only grow weaker with each passing day.....

The only thing I can see holding him back from moving already is the hope that some NATO nation makes a mistake and moves first. That would draw on Russian nationalism and keep him from becoming the scapegoat, internally and internationally.

Bottom line? I do NOT believe he's bluffing.....

edit on 17-3-2015 by nwtrucker because: grammar

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

That does answer my question, and doesn't much make me feel better should anything kick off over there.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

LOL History has taught us to be realistic when it comes to foreign relationships and not to expect miracles. Our defense does not base on help coming from Sweden or Norway.. it would be ridiculous if it would.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

LOL, yeah Im ****ed then. I knew I should have stayed out of the states just a little longer.

Oh well.... Here is to avoiding nuclear war or getting nuked trying.
edit on 17-3-2015 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2015 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Correct me if I'm wrong. But article 5 does not solely express attacks on a country. What Europe needs to do is a form of "operation tripwire "where you send small units of troops in between the combatants. If Russia attacks any NATO forces anywhere article 5 can be invoked.

Excuse the slant but that would be a firm redline.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Sure. makes sense. It don't mean, however, that that technically correct point wouldn't be spun by Putin to convince the Russian people that it was NAYO's doing.

It's been his template from the get go.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowen20

LOL, yeah Im ****ed then. I knew I should have stayed out of the states just a little longer.

Oh well.... Here is to avoiding nuclear war or getting nuked trying.

Remember, location, location, location.

Living near major cities, and military bases, large power transfer stations, water supply, etc. All targets.

Ideally tho, who knows where they will land when they are fired..

I guess it'll be "Survivor - The REAL game" when it happens.

Same to you, bud
edit on C15635654 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join