It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian defense forces claim shoot down of US surveillance aircraft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Syrians shoot down surveillance plane

BEIRUT: Syria claimed Tuesday evening that its air defense batteries shot down a “hostile American reconnaissance” plane north of Latakia.
Interesting. i wonder what will happen now?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The most mundane OP, which is a near copy paste of the mundane source you linked.

I don't think this happened. More bull# to rally emotions and cheer on the war song of WW3

Though I do wish more American aircraft were shot down, where they shouldn't be in the first place
edit on 17-3-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
More happening in the area....

Jordan concerned over Iranian, Hezbollah fighters on its border

Thousands of Iranian Revolutionary Guard troops and Hezbollah fighters have begun deploying along Syrian-Jordanian border, Al-Hayat reports • Jordanian foreign minister warns Tehran the move could undermine regional stability and spark a military clash.

Hmmm.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
well its about time Iran sent actual military units into the # instead of just having their General lead the locals. I mean they do have a Goddamn mutual defense pact, wtf did it take two years to show up for??

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

I don't think this happened. More bull# to rally emotions and cheer on the war song of WW3

Though I do wish more American aircraft were shot down, where they shouldn't be in the first place

Wow, that's really interesting. First you seem to be against "WW3", and then you express your heartfelt wishes for the death of American servicmen.

You call that balanced?

WTF?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Help us defeat ISIS! We can't do it on our own!

*shoots down US aid planes*

I hope they're not expecting their air defenses to work when war were declared.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Ummm...it was probably just another one of those...ahem...errant weapons drop shipments that somehow keep ending up in the hands of the I-sissies...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Iran has had forces in Syria since the early days of the revolt when the Syrian Army kept changing sides. For the most part Assads military force to fight the rebels consists of Iranian troops, Hezbollah, Miltias from regions loyal to him and militias from Lebanon. The large Syrian Army is kept away from most of the fighting for fear of desertion. If Assads own forces were not so disloyal they are large enough to put have ended this long ago.

As for the OP I think we will find this somebodies drone that has crashed.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
If Assads own forces were not so disloyal they are large enough to put have ended this long ago.

Strange, and here I'd assume the opposite. I mean, for how quick other nations have fallen in the past decade, I'd think for how long he has held out, Assad must have some very loyal followers. Years of war against him and yet he remains....

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Of course an American would be disturbed about my above post.

But your not disturbed that your guys can press buttons and air strike living human beings.

Hypocritical.

You have no business in such lands, other then stirring the pot. Always up to something that creates conflict and chaos.

How would you feel if your air space was constantly infiltrated? Your hometown striked so often it becomes yesterday's Norms.

You can take.my post all defensive etc.. Balance. Isn't siding with one side. America causes destruction and chaos, it's only natural it will come back.

Sorry for hurting feelings.. leave the world alone and they wouldnt hate you as much

edit on 17-3-2015 by Elementalist because: typo

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Well i dont know what it is BUT i DO know i posted this before the one in breaking news.

@elementalist. I do not care to make my ops sweeping long paragraphs liek some of these overyly worded Op on ATS.

top topics

join