It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US:Becoming too paranoid?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Marge
Sorry murcielago I am here to stay with the same rights than you and perhaps more, and so half of the people of this nation also, so moving to another country? why?

This is beyond bush bashing, this is about people in this nation been concern about liberties, agenda our democracy and freedom.

Yes this is about us concern Americans that are not blind enough to see beyond this president god ridden goodness.

One day you will come around and see what we can see.

why? simple, because if ya dont like it, leave it.

I'm not concerned with our freedom, nor is anyone else, hell, that what are troops are fighting for, not just ours though, were trying to give freesom to the iraqi's.

Elighten us, what do you see beyond this president?

no I wont, because your perception is clouded, you see a rising deficit and deaths of american soldiers in Iraq and think were heading in the wrong direction. and if/when we pre-empt Iran i'm sure i'll here more of your ranting that bush is ruining America and the world.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

no I wont, because your perception is clouded, you see a rising deficit and deaths of american soldiers in Iraq and think were heading in the wrong direction. and if/when we pre-empt Iran i'm sure i'll here more of your ranting that bush is ruining America and the world.

Whao you summarized it very well indeed, so you find the justifications that our president has given you for the deficit and the deaths of our American soldiers good enough not to question his actions?

See that is my point.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I question everyones actions, even my own.

(example)- He thinks we need a missile shield, I study on who all has or is developing ICBM's and who all has nukes or are are in the market for them, and based on what i've learned I make my decision, I agree with him.

I am no blind follower, I dont agree with everything he does, but we only have 2 people to pick to become president, and my choice was Bush. Actually early on in the campaign my choice was General Wesley Clark, but he didn't make it far enough, so between Bush & Kerry, I chose Bush, I am not a Kerry basher though, if i voted with a percent it would be 70% Bush / 30% Kerry.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by astroblade
and marg, if bush quietly dissappears after his 2nd term and none of the doom and gloom crap you predict comes to fruition will you shut your trap? or better yet publicly apologize for being an 8 year irritation?

*Mods take notice please at the personal attacks. Thank you-

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
I question everyones actions, even my own.

I am no blind follower, I dont agree with everything he does, but we only have 2 people to pick to become president, and my choice was Bush. Actually early on in the campaign my choice was General Wesley Clark, but he didn't make it far enough, so between Bush & Kerry, I chose Bush, I am not a Kerry basher though, if i voted with a percent it would be 70% Bush / 30% Kerry.

Well thanks for your honesty I agree with you finally.

Don't worry Dg, Astroblade insults does not merit my answer.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I was going to let this thread die a death as i didn't want it to turn into a fight against Republics and Democrats or those for and against President Bush. I suppose I'm a Conservative myself, if we are going to use labels.
But i would like to thank all who responded, i don't view the EU as a rival to the US more of a group of Nations with a common interest economically.
France will always be outspoken and sometimes abrasive, thats their right after all, as can we all when it comes to emotive topics such as the war on terror, economics etc. But there is nothing really to hate about them, Ive been to France a few times and they are nice people but sometimes that Gallic blood runs a little hot sometimes.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
My opinion is pretty much the same. America is getting more and more paranoid FACT one person is murdered in New york every five hours. your people fight against each other more than any other Civilised country in the world. As an English Citizen and I say english because we rightfully are the real britain, I do not agree with any relations with the USA or any diplomatic talks nothing due to the fact that I aswell a a rather large portion of the british public feels we are mearly being used by the USA despite you being our closest ally. You continuously atatck smaller countries forcing your government onto them why?. is it because your scared of them doing somthing i think so, America needs to lighten up and stop flaunting its power in wars etc as soon it is going to lose its place as the worlds super power and when this happens I'm sure your goverment won't want to have exausted its resources so much it cant handle any more wars.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Sorry murcielago I am here to stay with the same rights than you and perhaps more, and so half of the people of this nation also, so moving to another country? why?

This is beyond bush bashing, this is about people in this nation been concern about liberties, agenda our democracy and freedom.

Yes this is about us concern Americans that are not blind enough to see beyond this president god ridden goodness.

One day you will come around and see what we can see.

You keep saying "our country" and "our president" and using "we" as if you were a US citizen. Hard to believe looking at your posts on this and other threads. On one you mentioned that you came from an island somewhere. Gee, if this country is sooooooo bad, why come here in the first place. An even better question is why not go back to the "paradise" you left - unless maybe they make it harder to sneak over their border than we do here?

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
If you want to GENERALIZE American's I'm not going to waste my time talking to closed minders...

Paranoia is a negative energy it feeds off other negative energies, one cannot be connected to the higher source without having balance in their lives... sorry if this sounds wacky, but this is afterall my opinion... And so now after getting some peace in my life, I can safely say no I am not paranoid.. Our leaders however are.... Shouldn't say my leader because I didn't help him get elected... plus it doesn't even matter anymore, those diebold machines helped him get elected, it's easy to fudge the numbers with electronic voting machines... no paper trail....

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I don't think it's citizens that are Paranoid or changing positions against the UK, but rather the Paranoia that some find in our government. Actions after 9-11 from our government have produced paranoia in Laws that were written, and some hostility from them to others around the world. While these laws and such are meant to protect us, they do have loopholes which could totally take away certain rights of ours. Whether it will happen on a very large scale remains to be seen.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix

For an older US citizen (well middle-aged) I see the UK as a staunch allie no matter the political climate in either country - no problem there.

The EU on the otherhand seems to have taken a decidedly anti-american stance with some of its policies presented by France and Germany for economic reasons (thats OK in my book, look after yourselves)

CHINA worries me much more than the EU in the future. I think the EU will come around to that thinking as well.

I have to agree wholeheartedly with Phoenix.

Most of our roots come from the EU - you're who we used to be.

Yes, we are aware that the French despise our culture watering down theirs a bit and of course they didn't like it when their oil companies got the boot from Iraq during our attack. The whole french fry, freedom fry & american fry thing was just a bit of humorous political rhetoric that some take too seriously, but in the end - yes we will defend them, just as I'm certain they will defend us if needed.

I happen to love French wine, French cuisine, & sexy French women, and if they weren't a bit arrogant it just wouldn't be French. While I don't care too much for dogs in restaurants, their less frequent bathing habbits, and their lack of tolerance for my ignorance for not knowing their language while visiting, I accept them for what they are, I can't force them to accept me for what I am.

Paranoid - yeah sure. I see Americans more the type to put on a condomn before having sex, whereas the Europeans or the French might say "the hell with the godamn thing ruining my pleasure I'm going to take that risk".

I like Europe & I like most Europeans I've met and I don't see that changing anytime soon, just because we don't agree on a few things. In the end we will always be allies. Fear not.

[edit on 24-12-2004 by outsider]

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Quick words b/4 I go get sloshed. It is a very natural reaction. After 9/11, the administration would have probably had a re-look at America's relationship with all countries, especially Europe (super powers) and members of this or that alliance with the US.

Their insecurity heightened in the run up to the Iraqi invasion, where the message was clearly brought home ; America stands alone (save for UK and Australia). Must have ben a rude shock to the administration.

Post 9/11, it would also be very logical to try to identify and stem threats externally (b/4 they cause damage on American soil). Paranoia ? Not sure, perhaps America needs to take some time to adjust to recently finding out just what the world really thinks of them. Give the US time. It's leaders and people will come around to adjusting their approach and finding a comfortable level of interaction. They just woke up realised that the world has changed. Just takes time.

Season's Greetings to everyone !

top topics

<< 1   >>

join