It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SERIOUS-Trans Pacific Partnership agremnt Classified Secret Nullifies Constitutional Rights

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I know there are other threads on this but this needs all of our extended attention and then a course of action NOW.

TPP Will End All Sovereignty --- Lawmakers Say TPP Meetings Classified To Keep Americans in the Dark

The meeting—focused on the section of the TPP that deals with the controversial 'Investor-State Dispute Settlement' (ISDS) mechanism—has been labeled "classified," so that lawmakers and any of their staff who attend will be barred, under threat of punishment, of revealing what they learn with constituents or outside experts.

Applying national security-style restrictions on such information is an abuse of the classified information system.

Is there anyway we could get a copy off of wiki leaks or something??

WHY is an agreement That will affect Every single one of us with at least 11 other NATIONS Classified SECRET WHY?? THEY WORK FOR US right?

Here is A Full reading of the article below.

Read more at www.liveleak.com...

Please lets Take action to see if we can get a copy posted on here - ATS POWER lets see what we can do.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Good Luck with getting any 411 about this. It seems the hands of our Shadow Government are all over this. I pity any Poor FOOL WHO TRIES TO GET TOO DEEPLY INTO ANY INVESTIGATION OF THESE PSYCHOS. PEACE
ARJUNANDA a reply to: TheJesuit

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Obamacare passed without us knowing what was in the bill.
Net neutrality passed without us knowing what was in the bill.
The Patroit act was passed without us knowing what was in the bill.
TPP will pass without us knowing what is in the bill.

Anyone see a pattern here?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
THEY WORK FOR US right?

Seriously tho...S & F for bringing this up.

I wish we could stop these psychopaths...

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Sadly i do see a pattern we the people are screwed no longer For the people By the people but For big corporate interests By the politicians .

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
While multi nation trade deals are normally kept secret we do know some about the Investor-State Dispute Settlement' (ISDS) mechanism. In prior treaties when these activities occured the arbitration and tribunal were kept from the public. However in the last decade all US trade treaties now require those to be open to the public. And that is of course is a machanism for a company that had invested in county to get its money back if that country vilolates the terms of the treaty. So if a company inversted in oil companies in your country and then you nationilised those companies investers could come after your govenment for the money. Not something you can normally do.

Now the debate in this is that Western powers who have the money invest in poorer nations. If that poor nation increases it wages by law and the invertors lose money does that then allow them to go after that government for the money lost? Some think so. So the fear in these things is the rich countries like the US could unofficialy dictate a poor countrie policies. Why would a poor country do that? Money of course lots of money.

It is likely in this case the poorer nations involved want all that kept secret. When all is said and done you will likely find the entire process open to the public in the West and kept secret from the others. So yes this could infringe on the sovierty of poor nations just as most treaties do.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The underlying agreements within this Trade Deal make it appear that Europe and the U.S are desperately trying to hold on to their economic power. With the arrival of BRIC, the scales are beginning to tilt the other way.

They will have the power to keep third world countries strictly that for most of the population. Whilst the corrupt leaders and business men continue to have a lavish lifestyle. But you could argue, it's really a deal to ratify what they have been doing for a very long time.

I bet the same families have actually controlled empires from the shadows for centuries.
edit on 17/3/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The only thing i have to say is our elected representatives know whats in it, not the people themselves.
That was the whole point in electing reps that have the people interests at heart.

I'm not trying to say that they do or don't have our backs. I'm saying that if you really want to know whats in these bills you need to start taking a more active roll in the government. Get your self elected and find a seat.

They are there to do the footwork so the people can get fat on mc dankies and never have a worry.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
The underlying agreements within this Trade Deal make it appear that Europe and the U.S are desperately trying to hold on to their economic power. With the arrival of BRIC, the scales are beginning to tilt the other way.

They will have the power to keep third world countries strictly that for most of the population. Whilst the corrupt leaders and business men continue to have a lavish lifestyle. But you could argue, it's really a deal to ratify what they have been doing for a very long time.

I bet the same families have actually controlled empires from the shadows for centuries.

BRICS is already DOA. Russia and Brazils exconimic collapse, China's slow down and India moving toward the US and the West means BRICS will never be anything more than it has been. Brazil seeing no chance of growth within BRICS has made a new puch towards the US.

As for this trade deal it is just one of many.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
And what actions, specifically, would the OP like to see, either to get the document posted on here or actions to take AFTER the document is posted?

Even if document is posted, Americans have had more rights taken away since 9/11 than during any other span of history, (including the Civil War, when Lincoln suspended Habaeus Corpus and declared war without an act of Congress) and have done exactly NOTHING to protest or protect those rights, other than a few kooks on the far right that make sure their 2nd Amendment isn't abridged.

The American Government has shown that it's no longer able to govern in the best interests of the American people, but no one ever does anything about it.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Id like to see the full document posted on here then pick it apart as to how it would directly affect the citizens of the US, & also how it effects the constitution. The perceived implications on what we think we know VS what actually is current law
I think it would be a shock to most average Americans, the wake up stand up factor reaching a level unprecedented.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Good for sharing. With these things passing, similar to CISPA(which is gaining steam again), if Americans really knew what it was they would not be happy, to say the least. Thus is why it seems so hushed up. Writing your reps is a good idea too, would be nice if they could help bring it to the media if not other media itself besides our sharing on social media, etc.

edit on 18-3-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
There's nothing better than when two allies come together and ask;

How are you screwing your people over? Can we learn to screw
ours accordingly ? Please take our screw knowledge and use it on your citizens.
It's a big ol screw fest of fallen liberties.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I still cannot imagine how a free trade agreement could possibly require anything but the removal of protectionist tariffs.

What the hell is in these FTAs?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

I agree wholeheartedly except for net neutrality, on which your statement just isnt accurate. No new bill was passed for net neutrality. That is disinformation, and the anti-neutrality position is nothing but hysteria worked up by representatives whose biggest contributors are the cable companies.

new topics

top topics

join