It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'Mine Suite' at the Sala Silvermine, world’s deepest hotel room

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
For a little over $500 dollars you can sleep in a Silvermine! lol
from Sala silvermine

The Deepest Hotel Room in the World – located 155 meters below the surface where you spend the night in a cavernous hall carved out by hand 300 years ago. Enjoy some wine and cheese before you go to bed and in the morning we will bring you some breakfast.

The suite is situated next to our festivity hall, 155 m under ground surrounded by winding galleries and thrilling cavities. Upon arrival you get a guided tour of the 155 m level. After this tour you are being served a basket with refreshments (cheese, biscuits, fruits, sparkling wine and chocolate). Our guide leaves you alone to enjoy the refreshments and the quiet of the mine. In the morning one of our guides comes and serves your breakfast. After breakfast you will be taken to ground level again.

Clothing:
Make sure to be wearing warm and comfortable clothes for the guided tour. It is only 2 degrees Celsius in the mine, all year round! But don’t worry, the suite are warmed up to 18 degrees and the bed is equipped with a thick cover and an extra pair of blankets.
Important information:
One of our staff is available for you above ground during the whole night and You will be given an intercom radio to communicate with. Mobile phones do not work at this level.
Other information:
A simple toilet is available at about 50m from the mine suite. You will also have access to showers and a lounge in our hostel above ground.
Price:
4.890 SEK
Includes a guided tour of our 155m level, a basket with refreshments, breakfast and a night’s stay in the mine suite (the suite is for two people).

I am all for quiet when I sleep but this takes the cake on privacy!

edit on 3/17/2015 by DjembeJedi because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/17/2015 by DjembeJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
What an amazing experience that would be - 155 metres underground. Imagine the sense of isolation that place must have. No distractions from other guests walking or banging their luggage along the corridors. There's not even a large-screen TV.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Not much of a view.

Jude11

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DjembeJedi

Bring your own Canary.

I bet Cheney and crew have lots of these units.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

But don’t worry, the suite are warmed up to 18 degrees and the bed is equipped with a thick cover and an extra pair of blankets.

How inviting! Something tells me a space heater isn't going to work, but I heard knocking two boots together helps warm the shaft right up! And if that basket of refreshments comes down with a bottle of lotion in it, you know you're not coming out alive! LOL

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Beautiful! Nice to look at, but too cold for my liking and too expensive for me as well.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

"helps warm the shaft" Hehe awlriight.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

But don’t worry, the suite are warmed up to 18 degrees and the bed is equipped with a thick cover and an extra pair of blankets.

How inviting! Something tells me a space heater isn't going to work, but I heard knocking two boots together helps warm the shaft right up! And if that basket of refreshments comes down with a bottle of lotion in it, you know you're not coming out alive! LOL

LMAO! I like the way YOU think.. hehe

Ideally, tho, what else would there be to do down there, aside debate philosophy, etc.

Cards anyone?

edit on C15832655 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)

top topics

join