It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out of 300 + million Americans, there isn't a single American Putin to lead ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: here4this
a reply to: angeldoll

I assure you there is nothing "wrong " with me. Just commenting on the state of our leadership and how we are lacking in it. Leave this country ? I have been here all my life. I am what you may say "an original American" . Do you know that my comment is backed by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights? Do you know that once upon a time I swore an Oath to this country to defend the Constitution against enemies foreign or domestic ? How about instead of leaving to go to Russia , we try to change using our powers as a voter. And instead of just voting for a President or elected official just because he or she is "on our team" . we vote for the best candidate. Of course , that is an idea that is basically unheard of now

Swift change in attitude. I'm glad to see comments on this thread have turned on some lights for you.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Here is a link to an article that debunks Perloff's book as revisionist history complete with references to text within the book and quotes from primary sources that show he was wrong.

The Revisionist Revises…James Perloff Discovers American Imperialism

You are free to believe his account of American history, but most historians would scoff at it. Also, he wrote two books defending Creationism and debunking evolution using the same tired fallacies that most Creationists use. This guy doesn't sound to credible.

Tornado in a Junkyard: The Relentless Myth of Darwinism
The Case Against Darwin: Why the Evidence Should Be Examined

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

a reply to: angeldoll

I assure you there is nothing "wrong " with me. Just commenting on the state of our leadership and how we are lacking in it. Leave this country ? I have been here all my life. I am what you may say "an original American" . Do you know that my comment is backed by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights? Do you know that once upon a time I swore an Oath to this country to defend the Constitution against enemies foreign or domestic ? How about instead of leaving to go to Russia , we try to change using our powers as a voter. And instead of just voting for a President or elected official just because he or she is "on our team" . we vote for the best candidate. Of course , that is an idea that is basically unheard of now

Swift change in attitude. I'm glad to see comments on this thread have turned on some lights for you.

I assure you , I did not have a "change of attitude" . I still stand by my original statement. Perhaps I should have underlined the part of the Military Oath that states defend the Constitution against DOMESTIC ENEMIES .I do still agree with the OP on Putin. All leaders have their drawbacks and faults. However , when it comes to leadership both on the National and International stage , unlike our current leader , Putin shows a strength of character and resolve that most nations do not want to push him or by no means back the man into a corner .

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I believe we have "lost track" of the OPs original thoughts. The way I took it they were not speaking literally about Putin and his leadership , but the pure strength of actions he puts forward as a nation's leader. Putin may have his drawbacks but when it comes down to it, no nation really wants to test the man.

I see what you're saying. And it would be great if there was a strong leader all Americans could get behind that would do what's best for the country. But the problem is that there are too many differences of opinion on what that means. Our nation couldn't even unite behind Pres Obama killing Bin Laden (assuming the official story is true). So if a US leader said "Screw this, I'm ending poverty in America once and for all!", many Americans would still fight against it. Americans can't even agree that it's a good thing for all Americans to have something as simple as health care.

(For the record, I respect Putin though I don't agree with him on everything)
edit on 17-3-2015 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Business interests aren't a universal demand. Each business has its own interests that it wants to pursue, using the government to do it. A group of businessmen pursuing interests in South America wouldn't be the same group of businessmen pursuing interests in the Middle East.

It is a fallacy to assume they are the same.

Nope...

The 10 Corporations That Control Almost Everything You Buy

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Please, please, please start condensing your tripe. Simply put "I hate America, Russia is great, Putin is the man." Just post that every few days and then move along.

By now you've made the above perfectly clear to everybody. This post really didn't do anything to further clarify the point. In fact the absurdity of it may have caused a question or two to be raised.

Though I'm not sure you'll even see this, because I see it's now up to 4 pages long and you typically bail on your nonsensical vitriol before reaching that point.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

I'm not sure what you are trying to prove with that. If there are 10 corporations that control what we buy, then there are 10 different competing interests vying for the government's ear. That is unless you can prove collusion, which your article doesn't do.

Also, that is just for the things we buy, there are corporations with interests vying for the government's ear that don't sell products to the American populace. Corporations like defense contractors, private prisons, etc.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I`m pointing you towards, that there aren`t that many parties, so assuming they are different might be a bit of a stretch when they might have the same interests everywhere in the World.
edit on 17 3 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

but a super secret shadow government is just nonsense talk.

Okay, now its a super… secret… shadow… nonsense.

Except for the tele prompters, on television … and Boehner… reading the one in Florida… that precluded the motion to allow Paul into the televised debates.

You say its a conspiracy, I provided others with one real world example.

P_L_A_T_O_S C_A_V_E

edit on 17-3-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

There is no shadow government. The U.S. can't even properly keep the secrets of their "surface" government. You really believe a shadow government would possibly stay hidden for long?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I do not think it is Putin's patriotism that keeps him popular, especially outside of Russia. I think he represents a masculine leader, which is something that is attractive to most westerners are brainwashed into believing some CEO with a driver and soft skin is considered a man.

Western men have become total fruitcakes. They talk a lot of tough and sure look like it in hollywood movies but lets face it.... most Americans could not bust a grape in a fruit fight and I think deep down that bothers people and they find Putin to be a fit role model. Can keep his wits and not afraid to get his hands dirty.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Aaamok88

Baa!, baa!, baaa!. Can you post anything of actual substance other than RT's talking points? Just curious as you seem to be a dutiful little automaton.

Such a good little sheep you are.
edit on 17-3-2015 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
I do not think it is Putin's patriotism that keeps him popular, especially outside of Russia. I think he represents a masculine leader, which is something that is attractive to most westerners are brainwashed into believing some CEO with a driver and soft skin is considered a man.

Western men have become total fruitcakes. They talk a lot of tough and sure look like it in hollywood movies but lets face it.... most Americans could not bust a grape in a fruit fight and I think deep down that bothers people and they find Putin to be a fit role model. Can keep his wits and not afraid to get his hands dirty.

I disagree. It is just the opposite. We tough guys in the States recognize Putin as being one of us. Do you know the reason why he keeps his left arm straight down by his side ?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

I disagree. It is just the opposite. We tough guys in the States recognize Putin as being one of us. Do you know the reason why he keeps his left arm straight down by his side ?

I never noticed. Why?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Training. That way he is able to quickly and efficiently utilize a sidearm in case it is needed . Only a "tough guy" would know that

edit on 17-3-2015 by here4this because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Training. That way he is able to quickly and efficiently utilize a sidearm in case it is needed .

Um, yea, sure. You do realize that Putin is right-handed?

Love the "Tough Guy" image he portrays in this image, wincing like a wuss.
He didn't show up for ten days because he stubbed his toe or something, maybe had a case of the sniffles.
edit on 17-3-2015 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Training. That way he is able to quickly and efficiently utilize a sidearm in case it is needed .

Well there you go. When was the last American military man to be a US president? I am not counting the Texas Air guard. And I'm not counting some psychopath that should have been left in that hole in Vietnam.

Westerners follow behind nice suits and strait teeth now. Nobody cares about grit any more.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Again , I was relating to the type of leadership , not the person themselves. As a domestic comparison as to what I am saying , you can look at JFK. He basically went against everyone saying he was going to start WW3 and adopted a hardline stance with the Soviet Union.He in no uncertain terms told them "get the missiles out of Cuba" . No deals , no compromise , nothing .

edit on 17-3-2015 by here4this because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Shush! You might tarnish the whole "Putin is the Chuck Norris of Russia" meme that's gaining ground.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

You really believe a shadow government would possibly stay hidden for long?

sayin' it ain't so… just adds to the cover up. I expect that from the usual suspects, they troll ATS together. For others not part of the clique that want to understand the secrets of state, review these three images and compare them to what they do and don't reveal publicly.

Google Mc Cain in Ukraine, then Mrs. Nuland In Ukraine, finally CIA chief in Ukraine, looking at the images associated with the different visits by officials to that country.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join