It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What To Do With A Stray Human?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I'm sitting alone, in an isolated area...just drinking a beer and enjoying the quiet. A woman comes walking up...cute little dog in tow.
Now she is sleeping in my bed.
She has no where to go and no pot to piss in.
I don't know what to do.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

feel good about yourself. Stay on guard, but maybe you already did all you could do and have to let her stray on, depends on your own lifesituation.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
You got her in bed for your own pleasure or to help her?

Why is she alone with nothing?

Sounds like you've helped another human. That's a really good thing. Keep strong and don't mess her up anymore than she already is.

People should be helping others more.

Do the right thing.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Be wary of people that pull a dog along to elicit sympathy for themselves through the animal.
It is a trap.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Taking in a 'stray' human is not like taking in a stray dog.

Stray dogs do not have complex needs, histories and/or desires that they are capable of hiding or repressing for periods of time.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

Sounds like you've helped another human. That's a really good thing. Keep strong and don't mess her up anymore than she already is.

Do the right thing.

I have no intentions of taking advantage of her in any way.
To be honest, I am more concerned about the dog.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Do you know anything about her? Why is she homeless, with nothing? If the area you were in was that isolated, what was she doing out there? Hate to say it, but, watch your ass. You maybe getting set up for a home invasion or worse.
On the other hand, maybe Fate just sent you the person you've been looking for all your life.
[ But I'd still watch my back ]

ETA- If possible, get in a nap today and try very hard not to go to sleep tonight if she's still there. Something is just not feeling right about this.
Cute girl, cute dog, approaches a single man in the middle of no where and now she's in his house? Fishy. Very fishy.
edit on 17-3-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

Do the right thing.

BINGO!

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

If the dog is well looked after and shows obvious affection to the owner, it's usually a good sign of the kind of person it is with. If it is in poor health and the person hasn't just rescued it from somebody else, it doesn't show the owner in a very good light, and wariness would be advised. Hell, just be wary of all strangers anyway, until you have good reason to act differently.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Do the right thing.

You shouldn't take advantage of a dog

But she is there for some reason, can be good, can be bad but for what it matters you were there for a reason on her path too, can be good, can be bad. Good or bad has nothing to do with the intentions you have as you can destroy someone with best intentions and bad things can build beautiful people.
edit on 17-3-2015 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Tune in next week.
Same time, same channel.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I have no intentions of taking advantage of her in any way. To be honest, I am more concerned about the dog.

Ha ha ha ha....

Now that is the funniest thing ive read in ages.

That is like the punchline to a good joke

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
If your worried about the dog offer to buy the dog from her. Offer around $300 if you can and watch what she does. If she takes the money and gives you the dog without any thought she didn't care for the dog anyways, keep it for your self or find it a good owner. If she has to think about it ask why. If says no ask way as well. This will give you a little insight to what she is thinking, and also give you a chance to find the dog a nice home if it's not really cared for.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I'm sitting alone, in an isolated area...just drinking a beer and enjoying the quiet. A woman comes walking up...cute little dog in tow.
I don't know what to do.

That's quite the jump from just sitting alone and enjoying a beer to her staying at your place. What happened in between? Surely she had to have given you some insight as to her situation that made you think her trustworthy enough to allow her to sleep at your place.

People don't just go homeless with nothing to show overnight, so where did all her stuff go and where was she the night before?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I don't know what to do.

Careful, dude.
Something similar happened to me five years ago.
Five years on... Saturday.

Guess how I know that.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

I don't know what to do.

Careful, dude.
Something similar happened to me five years ago.
Five years on... Saturday.

Guess how I know that.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Ive taken in more than a few homeless. Kids that needed to finish school mostly, but I have helped a few older homeless too. The thing you need to watch out for, is mental illness. I think many homeless have a hard time in society, so they go "wild", but its a tough life, and it makes the illness worse. So, be on guard. I have seen a couple of homeless people, just flip out for no good reason.
Remember that it is really good to be helpful, just keep both eyes open, and put anything away that you dont want stolen, because, Ive had a few repay my kindness, by stealing my stuff.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

The last homeless person I took in was a women, and she had stayed for a few days before Thanksgiving. So, naturally she was invited to the family dinner. I have a huge family, and we love left overs, so I made a huge meal, partly to freeze left overs for T.V. dinners. Really, I spent 300 on food.
Well, the morning after Thanksgiving, I looked in the fridge, and there was only butter and cranberry sauce left. Im serious that was all, maybe an old pickle too. But, my homeless lady, ate and puked, and ate and puked all night long, until there was nothing left. Its funny now just how mad I was about it. But, dam I wanted to pull her hair out.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I would have directed her to the nearest homeless shelter/soup kitchen or whatever options were available. I would never in this day and age be able to be that trusting of a stranger to let them into my home. I wouldn't be able to afford to care for another person here anyway. You could always be friends and check on her after giving her some info on resourses, but you sure are taking chances allowing her into your home.

At one time we could keep our doors unlocked and everyone looked out for everyone else, but today is a whole different ball game.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Like everyone else, I want to know what her story is. Why is she homeless? Why doesn't she have any family members or friends to help her? If she has mental issues, she should be seen by a psychiatrist. I'm sure they could sign her up for Medicaid or something.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join