It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's something very, very wrong...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I love this post. It pretty much breaks down what's going on.

As someone with two kids (8 year old son and newborn daughter) I am terrified and almost hate myself for bringing them into this world. I brought them into this #ed up cesspool of existence. But then I have to remember how epic this planet is, and the opportunities we have as individuals to experience it. As a whole we are completely #ed, no doubt, but we can still deny that life the snakes up top have created for us and pave our own path, while we exist here..

Personally my inspiration comes from extreme sports and as of late I have taken interest in BASE jumping, down hill long boarding and back country snowboarding. When you're doing that # you don't think about all that.. And the people you meet doing it are rarely brainwashed, apathetic retards like the masses. They are absolutely stoked on life. So that's MY way out, and my remedy to a life that otherwise sucks and is bleak. I doubt I'm telling my daughter about the way things are really set up when she gets older.. I want her to live in ignorant bliss and see the goodness of humanity. That knowledge almost destroyed my good nature and made me resentful..

definitely going off about nothing at this point, but my point is, yeah we're pretty #ed as a species but on a individual and group level, there is still hope. Life is still pretty rad.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Collapse imminent.

*glances at watch*

Annnnnnnyyyy day now....

*taps foot*

/impatiently waiting

edit on 18-3-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

My friend, we have a lot in common. I apologize for my assumption. I hear the same sentiment often enough from a different sort, and I was frankly tired of it. I was going off your notions of media and idealism, and there wasn't much to say about character, community, relationships and people, but I'm glad to know I'm wrong and would much rather learn from a well-travelled perspective instead.

Maybe I didn't look hard enough in my travels, or was perhaps too enraptured by the cultures I came across to notice anything else, but the joy far outweighed the suffering for me.

A smile is a great universal currency, and even in the slums it buys much. This is what I saw. What have you seen in your travels that has resulted in this pessimism? As you might know, pessimists are awful at a party.
edit on 18-3-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Dude, im a pessimist on a good day, & I'm a riot at parties.

You WOULDN'T BELIEVE how many people have never heard of chemtrails!

If I'm at the party, you come in as a Sheep, you leave as a Skeptic.

In actuality, people used to ask my friend Brittania:
Is you're friend ok? He looks miserable &/or depressed.

Brittania: Ya don't worry, he's always like that.
edit on 18-3-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Life doesn't sound so bad then.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
I'm sure you'll find on ATS that it's all the fault of obama or liberals

Umm only 75% their fault

We need to claim 25% for letting the liberals do all the damage.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

On the contrary, I Iive in a waking nightmare.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
When I see that Humans will kill and harm other Humans without remorse just to make some money, and us having "evolved" (or perhaps devolved) to a point where I just saw a Vine of a girl eating a McFlurry being described as "amazing" "must watch" and having had over 4 million views - then I think that Humans serve absolutely no purpose to the Earth, that we are an aberration of nature, and a mistake that has outlived it's time here.

I this what we bring to the universe? Have we nothing better to do than to use this incredible technology that we've developed to share videos of people eating ice cream?

I fully expect Mother Nature to fix her mistake sooner rather than later, unless we do that job for her first.

Honestly we are one messed up excuse for a species.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

What is Vine?

Or am I better off not knowing...

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
a reply to: Power_Semi

What is Vine?

Or am I better off not knowing...

LoL I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't know.

It's where people can put short video clips of themselves online and other people with nothing better to do can look at them.

I had a look at it because there was a story about a UK guy (21 yearls old) who got paid £12,000 by Ford for putting a 6 second video clip mentioning them on Vine.

I've looked at some of his videos and it's mainly him going up to people and shouting stuff or saying random stuff to them.

I guess that's what the Human race has devolved into.
edit on 18-3-2015 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Suck it all up now while you are blaming the wrong source. It is you and me along with all humanity since we invaded and destroyed all the good. Envy was and curiosity that da*ned this world. And now you say it's the people of today that are continuing down this path of destruction which affects the people of tomorrow. When the real issue is people have always been struggling to just get through another day after another until they die. If enough people wanted the change it would have happen and it may still happen eventually but first off everyone would have to make the change and attempt to better themselves. Nothing gets given to those who never ask for anything. And nothing will change if you don't change yourself.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Absolutely, but not "some"thing, Everything is wrong around us...
Just looks carefully and you'll find that the things we saw as right, good, enlightened are wrong, evil and dark.
Media is just fooling people and guess what? the people love being fooled. I mean here, in India, some big "event" happens, eg. political murder, rape, terrorist attack, flood, anything...what they do is trend it, and say people want change, we want that and this and its not right etc for a couple of days, stupid and dump people join them for that kind of sensation and next day, "WE WON WORLD CUP", all problems are now gone because we won some tournament? Its just stupid and sad at the same time and we...we can't do anything about it, because if we try it, there will be a news that how some "brave" people died, while trying to save the world, but underneath, they will be happy.
We not good to anyone if we are dead and that is what stopping me, unless i get some kind of superpower
, i'm not trying anything that gets me killed.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
I so agree and wish I could give you applause!

IMHO, this is what happens when "do what thou wilt" becomes the "whole of the law'

I don't see a fix either, at least not a human fix.

That complete phrase is And it harm none do what you will.
And the OP,got out of bed on the wrong side it seems.
GOSH what's wrong with looking for good and positive and happy news? It's not all doom and gloom. Just refocus on more positive things instead of making all the bad things your reason for being.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Yeah. Those issues you mention are the exact reason why so many people get all glassy-eyed when thinking about signing up for the impractical Mars One program which is nothing but a wantabe dream, a shaded lusting for the inherent powers of the traveling ETs that visit us. But then, that form of extreme escapism is the exactly the same that we all tend to to use in minute ways as we trudge along, seeking escape in our daily grinds, pausing every once in awhile with a bent finger to point out what is wrong with our own actions but doing little else. Ask yourself: What will be your contribution to yourself or the world today?

ExACTLY! "Be the change."

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I was merely posting the truth in what is around us. The truth which passes many people by.

I also stated that I have taken the first step - I've refocused myself and concentrated on the good stuff. But now, many years down the line I'm willing to accept the idea of a second courageous step - a step which accepts the owrld's ills and perhaps tries to do something about them. On a micro level at first.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

On the contrary, I Iive in a waking nightmare.

It shows

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: shivam13
Absolutely, but not "some"thing, Everything is wrong around us...
Just looks carefully and you'll find that the things we saw as right, good, enlightened are wrong, evil and dark.
Media is just fooling people and guess what? the people love being fooled. I mean here, in India, some big "event" happens, eg. political murder, rape, terrorist attack, flood, anything...what they do is trend it, and say people want change, we want that and this and its not right etc for a couple of days, stupid and dump people join them for that kind of sensation and next day, "WE WON WORLD CUP", all problems are now gone because we won some tournament? Its just stupid and sad at the same time and we...we can't do anything about it, because if we try it, there will be a news that how some "brave" people died, while trying to save the world, but underneath, they will be happy.
We not good to anyone if we are dead and that is what stopping me, unless i get some kind of superpower
, i'm not trying anything that gets me killed.

Humans, as we are built are a true miracle of an organic machine. We could have become anything. We were limitless and you can still see some examples of that. Look at what we can build, look at what we can consider and look at the love and life we can promote. But we are addicts and like any addict, we fall to our desires. Greed, money, hate, anger, selfishness, etc...things. We crave "more" of everything. Super-size everything. We are a creature that is incapable of being as happy as we were designed to be. Look at most any animal in the wild. They are truly happy exactly where they are, content with what they are and live life as part of nature, not opposed to it. I fear we are done for. But if not...we first must hit rock bottom like any other addict. Then, and only then may we see what could have been. And maybe...start over.

Alice Cooper - Brutal Planet
Actually listen to the entire song and the lyrics...kinda spells it out.

edit on 3/20/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Well thanks for stopping those of us who might have missed this and pointing out how sucky the world is. What oh what would we do without you? We sure wouldn't want anyone to think they're happy huh?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

Well thanks for stopping those of us who might have missed this and pointing out how sucky the world is. What oh what would we do without you? We sure wouldn't want anyone to think they're happy huh?

I posted a thread recently that basically went like this. If you knew the truth about something, would you tell a group of people that what they believed was wrong...even if what they believed made them happy and would destroy their little fantasy world. To my shock, the vast majority would tell them. Apparently that is the mindset here at ATS. I'm still trying to grasp that reality as I expected the majority would leave them alone.

It surprised me so much, I changed my signature here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

This is not the truth though. This is not a situation where what I believe is wrong and what the OP believes is right. It's not the same as your thread at all. This is just plain old I feel like my life is crap so I want to make sure yours is crap too. It's I feel bad so you should feel bad too. It's cheerleading for life sucks ,then you die.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join