It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

possible meteor strike outside of Jakarta Indonesia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
MSNBC just flashed a blurb on this...anyone? MSNBC puts out little blurbs betwwen shows on TV about the current news. They mentioned a streak from a meteor in the sky and reports of a small noise or explosion. Thats all they mentioned.

[edit on 18-12-2004 by IntelRetard]

[edit on 18-12-2004 by IntelRetard]

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I don't see anything on the MSNBC site. And, by any chance, do you mean Jakarta, Indonesia? Would it be asking too much for you to provide a link or at least post a couple of paragraphs, as well as getting your geography straight? The rest of us should not be asked to do your research for you.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Several Loud Blasts heard Near Jakarta Indonesia Area, heres your link

Reuters

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   

possible meteor strike outside of Jakarta India?

Well you have me beat? I give up, just went through the site, can't
find a thing.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This is all I could find..

Fox News

JAKARTA, Indonesia � A loud noise that several witnesses said resembled an explosion was heard in parts of Jakarta (search) early Sunday. Media reports said a meteor had fallen close to the capital.

Several callers to el-Shinta radio station reported a noise that sounded like an explosion at around 7.30 a.m in western districts of Jakarta. Metro TV station reported that a large object, suspected to be a meteor (search), had fallen to earth, also to the west of the city.

Police said they were investigating the reports, but they had no reports of any bombings in the capital.

No other details were immediately available.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Strange.. no one really knows what it is for sure yet.

[edit on 18-12-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Meteor strikes have been hitting close to major cities lately (remember Seattle?)... I wonder how long it will be until we see the world's space agencies shift towards anti-collision operations?

top topics

join