It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will happen to Christianity when we finally confirm ET?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
It wouldn't just be one faith that would be effected if aliens came down and said high. It would be all of them some would take it better then other. Some would stop, others would expand and a few would be come something different.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

All I got from your post was stereotyping, and conjecture with no basis

That’s because I wasn’t exactly presenting my thesis on the matter. I was merely giving my answer to the OPs question directly and with few words.

Anyways.

I never said the Bible explicitly says there is no life elsewhere in the Universe, so why are you asking me to substantiate something with verses I never said? If you’re unsure of what I said then re-read my posts. It’s quite lucid.

So sure you can fill in the gaps on behalf of the Bible if you’d like. Of course your god knew about other planets and alien life. He made it after all, right? Bible makes no mention of black holes either. No problem. God made them too. Nothing needs to be mentioned in the Bible explicitly when god made everything and knows everything.

This line of thinking works wonders for religious belief. Absolutely no argument can be brought forth about why the Bible fails to mention something. None whatsoever. The Bible will always be justified because this god is omnipotent and omniscient.

As for your comment about aliens and freaking out. We won’t know until it happens. Of course non-religious people might freak out as well. Even if the aliens don’t appear malevolent at all. Yes, the unknown is scary for everyone.

However considering central to religious belief is ‘end times’ and ‘angels and demons’… it would not surprise me at all if they viewed the arrival of aliens through a religious lens. Framing them in that way would result in a mindset not easily swayed. I don’t think anything good would come of it.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Actually it is my belief that GOD always was. Infinity. In the book of Genesis "in the beginning..." I've always took that as the history of Earth. That does not mean HE didn't create other inhabited planets too.

By the way, I am a Christian.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AinElohim

Answers my question? vaguely bro... but I'll let it pass.

I don't believe in any religious god. I don't think that's vague.

Believing in the force or whatever it is good enough for me.

Well my belief isn't hinging on your approval

Considering I view Theism and Religion as separate entities, one can believe in God or the Force or even the Devil and still not be religious.

Theism and religion by definition are connected. You're referring to deism. That would be god-blief distinct from religion.

Christians are an odd lot sometimes but think they are benign for the most part.

It would be very off topic but I don't think religion is benign at all. Most religions. This is why I am an antitheist.

I'm down with the Christians God... which doesn't mean I am religious

In my eyes belief in a religious god makes someone religious. Belief in a creator god, minus religious doctrine, I wouldn't consider religious.

I'm not down with the Christian God on many levels. Biggest one being I have read the Bible. Some atrocious things done and condoned by that god.

I love exploring metaphysical things though. Including 'god'. I take no qualm there, and I fully encourage people to explore metaphysics and even mysticism.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Quite frankly, since I think the Bible is the inspired word, not the literal one. God created it ALL and everything in it. That would include aliens if they ever get discovered or choose to visit.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
All of the evidence for 'et's' point to interdimensional phenomenon.

Jacques Vallée goes so far as to conclude that the phenomenon is deceitful and even evil.

I for one adhere to the hypothesis that the fallen ones plan is to deceive mankind into thinking they are our creators.

They are here to enlighten us and give us a 'boost' in our evolution.

Most will trip over themselves running to worship the 'creators' and line up for their enhancement to our DNA.

The 'stupid' Christians, that don't 'welcome' our 'creators', will finally be rounded up and either be re-educated or eliminated.

You can see it here on ATS that many would support this re-education.

You can have my head, I will not conform.

I realize my opinion is unpopular, I was forewarned that it would be.

Maybe one person will read this and remember when events start to unfold. Maybe that person will make the right choice when the time comes.

We will all have to choose, your eternity rests on your decision.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
I feel this is appropriate:

Actually coming from a non religious American it pretty much is not acceptable.

We have Freedom of Speech and we American's have Freedom of Religion...

So in a country where all religion is accepted unlike Stalin/Lenin's USSR all beliefs are welcome here.

The main reason it would be unacceptable in my opinion is because it is unAmerican.

I know border crosser's who know more about my own country than I do and even pass their citizenship tests!

Imagine that...

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
What if aliens came down holding their own version of a bible or other religious text? What if they did come down and the door opened to their ship they stepped out and raised their hands and tentacles in to the air and said "praise Jesus we have landed!" what would people do then?

(post by AinElohim removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AinElohim

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
I don't believe in any religious god. I don't think that's vague

Yes... I get that.

So the rest of the tripe is unnecessary, spare me your sermon

I honestly believe a lot of atheists are unfit and undeserving of being an American.

Make way for a South American please and leave, offer your citizenship in trade for a ticket to a destination of your choice.

I am sure our government would allow it lol... trading citizenships.

We have people trying to feed their families and make a better life for themselves in the land of the free, yet california is a liberal mecca full of anti-american elitist scum.

Sh*t makes no sense at all... it's not logical.

Just because you don't believe doesn't mean you should leave the country. I'm Christian and I'm ok with someone not believing. I don't force my religion on others, and hope others don't force their non-religion on me. It doesn't make them anti-American. Just non-religious. Nothing wrong with that.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Christians will be waiting with a bible in one hand and a gun in the other.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xaphan

I'm missing a gun, I must not be a Christian.

(post by AinElohim removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Aliens would laugh their asses off once they hear about the different religions and the things they believe (assuming they laugh and have asses).

After that they'd slowly back away away, get in their their spacecraft and gtfo.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Interpretation is the reason for so many denominations.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xaphan

Believe what you want to believe, do what thou wilt.

But do not encroach on the rights of others...

Americans happen to have the "Right to Bear Arms" and for a reason.

edit on 17-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj
Just because you don't believe doesn't mean you should leave the country. I'm Christian and I'm ok with someone not believing.

It is unacceptable...

These atheists incite violence and hatred, they sweat it from their every pore.

I could care less if an atheist believes in your God or Shiva...

I actually value my dog more than I value an atheists life, my dog does not judge, she is not a racist or an oppressor, she does not cause others to be racists or judgmental.

Atheist are unamerican communist scum!

Not all are though. Some, yes. But not all. I know a couple, that just don't believe. They just want to be left alone. I'm ok with that. My brother is one. He just doesn't believe. But he could care less what you do or believe, just don't shove it down his throat. Now my ex, on the other hand is a jerk. He got ticked because I raised my daughter in the faith. He said she should have a choice. I told him how can she have a choice if you only give her one option, the atheist one. You need to give her the atheist and the Christian, and then let her make a choice. You can just give her one option and tell her to choose. It took him awhile but he conceded, while he was thinking it over, I was teaching her the Christian faith because she needed both options to decide. In the end, she chose Christianity. Oh yeah, he was thrilled! (NOT!)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj
Not all are though. Some, yes. But not all)

Every single one I have ever met since I found out who Richard Dawkins was. they are total *holes.

Look I am not a Christian, I have risen above and I am on the next level now...

I am an American!

edit on 17-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

These atheists incite violence and hatred, they sweat it from their every pore.

I could care less if an atheist believes in your God or Shiva...

I actually value my dog more than I value an atheists life, my dog does not judge, she is not a racist or an oppressor, she does not cause others to be racists or judgmental.

Atheist are unamerican communist scum!

Hate speech FTW....

But you don't seem to know what atheist means......?

You just know that you hate them.

edit on 17-3-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AinElohim

Is there any point to your diatribes or are you just taking the opportunity to rant on various random things? That's how it read.

Also my "sermon" was answering questions you asked of me...

I think I'm done with our dialogue. Carry on.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join