It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will happen to Christianity when we finally confirm ET?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

I only accept the existence of Alien life, and intelligent life based on the size of the known universe...

Its completely impossible that life only exists here, and IF we evolved into intelligent self aware life...

its most definitely happened else where...

Exactly. You are accepting it as fact based on what you think must be, via deductive reasoning.

Not on facts, nor on personal experience. Like the rest of us, you don't know.

link   

Life started here according to the bible

Well it had to start somewhere. Why couldn't it be here?

link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: guitarplayer
Have you ever heard of the gap theory? In gen one it says God created the heavens and the earth, the earth was void and without form. Isa says that God does not create in parts but in fullness. So there is a gap between gen 1 and gen 1 so to say.
a reply to: Akragon

Start at the 1 minute mark to bypass the intro and go right into it.

In the Beginning God created the heavens and the earth. (In the beginning whenever that was nobody knows)

The Earth then Became Wasted, Void, and Dark

The 6 days follow

MINDSHIFT: In the REAL Beginning

www.youtube.com...

And we don't know how long of a time period lapsed between God created and the earth became void. If the fallen angels could come to earth and mate with the daughters of men what would of keep them from doing the same thing elsewhere?

link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

do you believe in Aliens bro... ET's?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

a reply to: Snarl

Here's a question if I may (not trying to derail, mind you. Ignore if you want.). If the known universe is 13 billion year old, and everything came out of The Big Bang, and the Earth was part of this Big Bang ... How can the Earth be only 4 billion years old?

That's pretty easy actually...

Look at any nebula... stars are being born as we speak...

Planets come along with that in most cases as we've recently found

Einstein ... matter can neither be created not destroyed ... Converted to energy and then reconverted back to matter ... Would that re-set something's definitive age?

How about you take your sciencey gobbledygook somewhere....else.
Prove to me energy can't be created or destroyed! (Actually, please don't attempt this, because I will never accept long term conditioned "facts")

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

a reply to: Anyafaj

Apparently you are not allowed to be Christian and think for yourself.

That depends on the flavor of Christianity you're raised in...

but for the most part this is true

I'm a "self-raised" Christian. My dad would drop us off at the nearest church, Baptist, Episcopalian, Catholic, then he would go home and go back to bed. I had to play babysitter to my brothers and sisters, and while we waited for mass to be over and Sunday School to start, I would listen to Mass, so essentially, a little of this, a little of that.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

I only accept the existence of Alien life, and intelligent life based on the size of the known universe...

Its completely impossible that life only exists here, and IF we evolved into intelligent self aware life...

its most definitely happened else where...

Exactly. You are accepting it as fact based on what you think must be, via deductive reasoning.

Not on facts, nor on personal experience. Like the rest of us, you don't know.

Fair enough...

Except its a fact that water exists else where in the universe... even in this solar system...

Water is the basis of all life on this planet, and we're not even considering life being based around other elements....

SO I'll stick with the assumption that life doesn't only exist here... its a pretty safe guess...

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Have you ever heard of the gap theory? In gen one it says God created the heavens and the earth, the earth was void and without form. Isa says that God does not create in parts but in fullness. So there is a gap between gen 1 and gen 1 so to say.
a reply to: Akragon

Start at the 1 minute mark to bypass the intro and go right into it.

In the Beginning God created the heavens and the earth. (In the beginning whenever that was nobody knows)

The Earth then Became Wasted, Void, and Dark

The 6 days follow

MINDSHIFT: In the REAL Beginning

www.youtube.com...

And we don't know how long of a time period lapsed between God created and the earth became void. If the fallen angels could come to earth and mate with the daughters of men what would of keep them from doing the same thing elsewhere?

Did anyone else picture Angels having sex with Xenomorphs from Alien?

That would be one f#ed up sect of Christianity.
edit on 16-3-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

You have to remember, Man wrote the Book. So we're going by Man's account, not God's.

Trust me I am aware of that. Not prone to forgetting that either.

Personally I'm sure when God created the stars, He was creating planets as well as other galaxies.

Well yeah they exist in our Universe! Should there be a creator god then all of this Universe was the result of that Creator. I don't personally believe religious doctrine is inspired by such a creator god. I'm open to there being a creator god.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Fair enough...

Except its a fact that water exists else where in the universe... even in this solar system...

Water is the basis of all life on this planet, and we're not even considering life being based around other elements....

SO I'll stick with the assumption that life doesn't only exist here... its a pretty safe guess...

But you don't characterize it as an assumption or a guess. Don't get me wrong, I agree with you that life must exist elsewhere.

I just think that using this assumption as the basis for taking a swipe at Christians is a little unfounded, and a little unfair.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AinElohim

Yes. I do.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Extra terrestrial life is not compatible with Christianity...

The belief that all life in the universe started here is fundamental to Christian belief structure...

Adam was the first man, created by God from dust... but before that...

And another quick question, bare with me...

Does it say this belief is fundamental bible scripture, and can you quote the text?

Now you're talking about the first "man" on earth right, and not just life in the universe?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

I think you take thread titles far too seriously.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I think I understand your misconception.

As an example take a look at Saturn.

Now if all the material that make up its rings were to bunch up and form a moon today the moon would only be dated from the day it formed.

The material would be much older, but it the age of the moon would only be hours old.

It has actually happened.

Saturn’s Rings Birth a New Moon

The material that formed the planets in our solar is far older than the age of the formed planets.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Fair enough...

But you don't characterize it as an assumption or a guess. Don't get me wrong, I agree with you that life must exist elsewhere.

I just think that using this assumption as the basis for taking a swipe at Christians is a little unfounded, and a little unfair.

Trust me my friend...

IF I wanted to bash on Christianity, I would do it in a much more scripturally defined way...

This is not an attack on your religion, only something that was wandering In my head...

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

Yes. I do.

Established: Lucid Lunacy believes in "Aliens"

Question: Do you believe in God?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AinElohim

The belief that all life in the universe started here is fundamental to Christian belief structure...

Does it say this belief is fundamental bible scripture, and can you quote the text?

Now you're talking about the first "man" on earth right, and not just life in the universe?

God created Man in His image did he not?

What happens when the image does not look like man?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

You have to remember, Man wrote the Book. So we're going by Man's account, not God's.

Trust me I am aware of that. Not prone to forgetting that either.

Personally I'm sure when God created the stars, He was creating planets as well as other galaxies.

Well yeah they exist in our Universe! Should there be a creator god then all of this Universe was the result of that Creator. I don't personally believe religious doctrine is inspired by such a creator god. I'm open to there being a creator god.

In the American Indian culture, or most I should say, they refer to Him as The Great Creator. To me, however we refer to Him as, I don't know if it really matters much, as long as we recognize He is the One. Also remember, most religious doctrine is also created by Man. I truly wonder just how special is No Fish on Fridays to Him? or No Pork, or does everything REALLY have to be Kosher? Is it truly THAT important? Not being facetious, I'm honestly wondering.

I'm such a thinker, I got into serious trouble and got us kicked out of a Baptist church for asking if Moses was hallucinating from wandering all those days and nights with no food when he came in contact with the burning bush. I was being honest and truly wanted to know. If you're in the desert and you go days and days and days without food and water, eventually you see a mirage, right? So how do we know he wasn't hallucinating when he saw the bush and it began to talk to him? Yeah, that didn't go over well.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AinElohim

God created Man in His image did he not?

What happens when the image does not look like man?

Well that goes back to my first response to you, and question.

What kind of Aliens

Because it matters...

And you haven't necessarily answer my second response and question/s either.

Play Fair

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Correct.

The first man on Earth.

However Genesis makes no mention of there being any other planet other than Earth. So that first man on Earth might as well be the first "man" in the Universe.

The beginning of Genesis, prior to talking about the formation of Earth, is contextual to the whole of the Universe...yet no mention of planets. Stars, yes. Other planets? No.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join