It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Off Of Administration No Longer Subject to FOIA.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, but for some reason I have trouble posting in Breaking News. Mods, please move accordingly. Like the article, I beg the question..what exactly are they hiding, and why? This does not seem reasonable to me that they pick and choose who the laws and rules do and do not apply to. I am at work now, so I cannot fully look into what that particular department does, but this is very concerning to say the least. Of all days to announce this they chose on "National Freedom of Information Day". I personally was not aware that day existed. Any thoughts ATS?

g them so. Darn. Hard: “The White House is removing a federal regulation that subjects its Office of Administration to the Freedom of Information Act, making official a policy under Presidents Bush and Obama to reject all requests for records to that office… the timing of the move raised eyebrows among transparency advocates, coming as it did on National Freedom of Information Day.” And it’s Sunshine Week! Can’t forget that.
www.redstate.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
But...

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
That's not suspicious at all. I wonder what kind of dirty stuff they're planning.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
They are getting heat from Hillary.

And Lois Lerner.

E-Gate goes much deeper real soon.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

They pissed the Clintons off, maybe they are anticipating a counter attack?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

This has been unofficial policy since just before Obama took office. They're simply making the middle finger to transparency official by eliminating the regulation entirely...

Just one more criticism of "his predecessor" that Obama ultimately fell into lock step with Bush in handling and just one more whopper of a campaign promise that turned out to be a bald faced lie by this president...

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

This has been unofficial policy since just before Obama took office. They're simply making the middle finger to transparency official by eliminating the regulation entirely...

Just one more criticism of "his predecessor" that Obama ultimately fell into lock step with Bush in handling and just one more whopper of a campaign promise that turned out to be a bald faced lie by this president...

I had no idea that unofficial policies were allowed in the Whit House...Well, I guess now it's official.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I found their homepage, maybe we can figure out exactly what they are doing here.
www.whitehouse.gov...

Personnel management services, including equal employment opportunity programs;
Financial management services;
Data processing, including support and services;
Library, records and information services;
Office services and operations, including mail, messenger, printing and duplication, graphics, word processing, procurement, and supply services; and
Any other administrative support or service, which will achieve financial savings and increase efficiency through centralization of the supporting service.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

But...But... it is for the bush admin too...

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
So, politicians are above the law? Since when?

Oh yeah, since always.

Not much of a surprise, after all.

And still, the masses sleep...

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Just goes to show, the government, no matter WHO is in office, will thumb it's nose at the people who elected them.

It is a blatant act, especially on this day, of all days.

If we cannot hold the government accountable, the government will walk all over us.

Sadly, so few will care, just another stone taken from the wall of freedom.

Before long, enough stones will be removed, and freedom will lie crumbled at our feet, as we are forced to clean up the mess.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Hillary Clinton....Jen Psaki announcement that formal Secretary of State is not a normal employee was telling.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Judicial Watch

Their current news section has Hillary email FOIA's they have filed recently and court dates scheduled.

This is too new for them to react, but guarantee JW does Sue Obama Administration ASAP once they discover the intent of this "declaration".
The same link would take to news later next week.

Bill Clinton's conviction for lying was done by JW FOIA requests and examining testimony transcripts

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Granite

Judicial Watch

Their current news section has Hillary email FOIA's they have filed recently and court dates scheduled.

This is too new for them to react, but guarantee JW does Sue Obama Administration ASAP once they discover the intent of this "declaration".
The same link would take to news later next week.

Bill Clinton's conviction for lying was done by JW FOIA requests and examining testimony transcripts

Judicial Watch rocks.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Time for congress or the supreme court to hold him accountable. It is unconstitutional. He serves us not us him.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: roth1
Time for congress or the supreme court to hold him accountable. It is unconstitutional. He serves us not us him.

What has this current administration done over the past 6 years that WAS Constitutional ? (that is truly Constitutional ,not perceived as being) Has anyone been truly held accountable for one circumstance of the 100's . Let me answer that - no . No I am not swayed , I just wanted to save all from an awful lot of research just to come up empty handed.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: here4this

originally posted by: roth1

What has this current administration done over the past 6 years that WAS Constitutional ? (that is truly Constitutional ,not perceived as being) Has anyone been truly held accountable for one circumstance of the 100's . Let me answer that - no . No I am not swayed , I just wanted to save all from an awful lot of research just to come up empty handed.
What has any administration recently done? Rep or Dem. Work for corporate interests. Not the citizens.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: roth1
Not denying that statement. It just seems the situation has been accelerated of late
and by the way , interesting screen name you have there

edit on 17-3-2015 by here4this because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: here4this
a reply to: roth1
Not denying that statement. It just seems the situation has been accelerated of late
and by the way , interesting screen name you have there

Yes it has, every administration has been worse than the last as far as i remember. The keep opening doors for each other.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
So by transparency, he simply means we get to watch ourselves get screwed?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join