It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patterson Film Stabilized

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Just came across this. Looks a whole lot different stabilized.

original

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
First time seeing this.

Looks like it could be a suit. Doesn't look like the ass of it moves at all, I'd think the ass would jiggle or move or something but it looks rigid, almost like it's not connected to the legs in a natural way.

Hard to say, that's just the first impression I got when looking at it. I could be wrong, I'll have to look at it a little closer.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Kind of looks like a guy in a modified ape suit walking around...

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
If this is indeed a human in an ape suit, he must have a huge wingspan since those arms almost reach his knees

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
First time seeing this.

Looks like it could be a suit. Doesn't look like the ass of it moves at all, I'd think the ass would jiggle or move or something but it looks rigid, almost like it's not connected to the legs in a natural way.

Hard to say, that's just the first impression I got when looking at it. I could be wrong, I'll have to look at it a little closer.

Look at the original, linked below the gif, it does look to me like a guy in a gorilla suit. Un-stabalized, not so much. I must say I'm disappointed, lol.

+20 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
If this is indeed a human in an ape suit, he must have a huge wingspan since those arms almost reach his knees

There is higher res versions of this sequence on the internet that are more revealing. The stabilized footage has been out for quite some time.

Also, the thing walking in the video also has breasts, something that wasn't even apparent in the original footage until we had the technology to enhance it. Why you would make a monkey suit with breasts and then shoot it at such a distance that they wouldn't even be apparent until 30 or 40 years later is beyond me.

I am still on the fence when it comes to the patterson footage.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
is it a suit that is put on----- or is it a costume make up par-excellence

i'm just thinking about the TV make-up artists competing with a new project every show and what is accomplished in just a few hours.
a team of TWO makeup artists could glue on fur, muscle, etc. that would make it look more real than a 50 pound suit

the subject would have probably shaved his body ~~~~OUCH !
except perhaps the groin/bikini area which was likely a fur speedo blended to the body hair we see in the video
edit on th31142655338516492015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Nice. I've seen it stabilized, but not like this before. That thing is pure muscle. I wouldn't really expect any part of it to jiggle except for the breasts. You can see the ripped muscle right under the fur.

Most people say that when they see a cryptid that their brain has trouble processing what they are seeing initially. That it almost seems fake and unreal to them. I'd imagine it's the same thing with this film. People think it just HAS to be fake. But, in my opinion this film is the real deal.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The guy who made this video was filming a Bigfoot Hollywood movie, the stabilization just shows how fake this is and that he hoaxed it for realz.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Thanks for the graphic.

You can see how this stabilized footage was constructed in the documentary-"The truth Behind"- Big Foot"

More defined is the muscle movement and the fact that breasts are present. The hands also look more clear.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I thought the Patterson film had been debunked a while back. Something about them admitting to it is what I recall.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I've seen stabilized versions of the Patterson footage before, but this version with it superimposed against a high-res still image for background and perspective really jumps out at me. I've always been sort of on the fence in regards to the Patterson film but after seeing this, I am totally convinced that it was a man in a suit.

The whole back torso of this creature doesn't move with the body at all; it looks quite rigid and unconvincing when I would expect to see subtle movements of fur and muscle on the back, given how much it is swinging it's arms while walking. But this isn't the case. No movement whatsoever from rump to shoulders. This is something I never noticed with previous viewings of the original and stabilized versions of this footage.

Thanks for posting this, ugmold! A very provocative animation, and one that I am sure will evoke a good deal of debate.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold
There is a weird horizontal flap or fold on the thigh that really makes it look like a suit. You can see it best about half way through the video.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This and the Surgeons Photo of Nessie were once the two holy grails of Cryptozoology, I think we can now officially say they are both fakes. I've seen this video before but have never really blown it up that big before, it definitely a dude in a suit. For those of you who say his arms are too long, I am a human and have super long arms. If I put my arms down by my sides they end about an inch above my knee cap. If I had a prosthetic gorilla hand attached to my wrist that was sizable my arms would swing a lot lower than that guys in the video. It's a human in a costume...

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
I thought the Patterson film had been debunked a while back. Something about them admitting to it is what I recall.

Not quite. Patterson went to his grave insisting the footage was real, and to my knowledge, Gimlin has never admitted it was a hoax either. Where the supposed confession comes from, is an individual who claimed to be the person in the suit:

www.wnd.com...

Unfortunately, there were a number of individuals who made this claim to exploit it for book deals, and it was never possible to confirm any of their stories. More info on the background behind that can be found here.

In short, there is no conclusive evidence of a hoax, and still some evidence that seems to suggest it's authentic footage. Of course, this will not sway anyone who's made up their mind either way, I just think it's worth noting that the common misperception that Patterson/Gimlin admitted to a hoax is totally false.
edit on 16-3-2015 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
A monkey suit with breasts? I've seen a lot of guys on the street in monkey suits holding advertising signs; never a female monkey suit.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Found this version, it gives an even better look at it.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Man admits: I was 'Bigfoot'

Lie detector of Bob "Bigfoot" Heironimus - Man in the suit

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe that a low budget documentary in 1967 would have the money or abilities to create an ape suit that even by today's standards would be nearly impossible to duplicate.

It was Phillip Morris, magician turned costume maker, who claimed to make the costume, but I think he simply saw a way to get some national publicity.
edit on 16-3-2015 by Dapaga because: link

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

Interesting. I didn't know he passed a lie detector test. While inconclusive, it does add weight to his claims.

ETA: Looks like Justin Smeja (the guy who claims to have shot 2 bigfoot and sent flesh samples to various labs) also passed a polygraph test. Makes me wonder, since I've always considered the Sierra Kills incident to be a hoax.

Still not sure I'm ready to label the patterson gimlin film a hoax based off a polygraph test, but I remain open minded.
edit on 16-3-2015 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join