It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self Defence for Ladies 1933

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Bit of a random gen chit chat thread for you,
Check out this quality self defence video circa 1933,from British Pathe YT channel,its a peach.
Entitled:
"The weaker sex! (sayest thou!)"

Thought some ATS folks may like this vid.
The lady looks a bit like a 30's posh english Katy Perry,and she knows how to slam you down if you get any funny ideas..

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse
This video is awesome! And those moves are great.
They would even be good to know today. I have been to a couple of self defense classes and they teach some of the same things today. Used right, a small body can still move a big one easily.
edit on 3/16/1515 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

That was awesome to watch!

My step dad always told me to go for the balls. Hasn't failed me yet.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I hope that guy got paid well for that.

He took a beating!

Good vid and a great reminder to us all.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
She should just kick him in his center of gravity.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This is something every woman should know. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Love it! But ooh, poor aching back. Couldn't they have put down a mat of some kind for him?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Fantastic! And frankly some fine moves found in Judo and Aikido in my experience.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
She's great isn't she?
Definitley some judo and akido type moves.
That guy was not getting payed enough-he thumped the floor hard.
At least she didn't do what I thought she was going to when she said"now i'm going to give him a real thrill"at 1.06.
Just another floor thump-I thought he was gonna get it in the nuts,with the knee.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
That was cool. Simple and easy enough to get good at moves. Using the ground rather than break her hands to defeat her opponent.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Nice up skirt at 1:42.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Lol too funny, it would work for sure,but man was that poor dude getting beat up!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This is how you do it.
Ladies and men.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
Bit of a random gen chit chat thread for you,
Check out this quality self defence video circa 1933,from British Pathe YT channel,its a peach.
Entitled:
"The weaker sex! (sayest thou!)"

Thought some ATS folks may like this vid.
The lady looks a bit like a 30's posh english Katy Perry,and she knows how to slam you down if you get any funny ideas..

I remember in college, security told us to use our stilettos to scrape inside the inner kneecap if a guy refuses to let go of us during a dance and gets too "fresh". He said as we're scraping, be sure to end on the top of the foot, it will incapacitate him. Another thing we could do, was run our hands up to his face, as if we were into the dancing, one hand on each side of the face. Then put your thumbs out, still "caressing" the face, get your thumbs over his eyes and PUSH his eyeballs into his face, it will make it harder for him to chase you if he cannot find you. Of course this was back when campus security cared about date rape, probably a good 20 yrs ago.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Very impressive.

It was not all fantasy either, for less than ten years later women were using these skills as part of the Special Operations Executive in occupied Europe. Sadly many died.

SOE Wiki
Check out some of the women's stories

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Sadly not a lot of ladies don't wanna learn how to defend themselves. In a chaotic world one needs to learn how to survive in the streets. For example, in many parts of LA that were poor a lot of people need to be aware and if necessary defend themselves by learning basic fighting skills.

Interestingly the lady's fighting moves were found in Krav Maga.
edit on 17-3-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I'm a man,but i'm all for girls learning self defence-better to know it and not need to use it than not know what to do in a bad situation.

I always try to get my young neice into the idea of going to a class but her mum thinks shes a bit young at 10..
Soon though I hope.

top topics

join