It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukrainian police get ‘shoot-to-kill orders’ amid unrest over army hit & run killing of 8yo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Police have reportedly been allowed to use live rounds as tensions flare in the eastern Ukrainian town of Konstantinovka, where an eight-year-old girl was killed in a hit-and-run accident by an Ukrainian forces’ armored vehicle.

Warning shots have already been heard in the city, according to some reports.

I hope that things calm down before Any more civilians are killed. Tensions there are already high and I don't think it would take much more for things to explode.

Source

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Ah yes, good ole RT saying how Ukraine is killing it's own people. Does that not strike you as odd?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Poor girl. I feel for her family.

Hopefully it does calm down before more are killed or injured.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

Ah yes, good ole RT saying how Ukraine is killing it's own people. Does that not strike you as odd?

Not to me when good ole KyivPost does the same.

So now RT isn`t allowed to tell things as they are anymore ?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

No, because as we all know (or should) RT is the only example of free, fair, and unbiased press in the entire world. Period, full stop.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

You didn't bother to read the Kyiv Post article do you? I say this because the Kyiv Post does not state what you are claiming nor does it support the RT article.

Riots in Kostyantynivka after Ukrainian armored vehicle hits and kills a child

Also, propaganda machines on both sides geared up and pumped out scores of tweets about the incident. On one side, trolls issued warnings that the Right Sector “punishers” were coming into town to rein in the local population. On the other side, numerous tweets warned that somebody was using the accident to incite riots.

As the situation escalated by the evening, the Ukrainian authorities allowed police officers to use weapons in case of mass riots, Anton Herashchenko, an adviser to Interior Minister Arsen Avakov, told 112 TV channel.

“If anyone in Kostyantynivka, with weapons, stands against the laws of the Ukrainian authorities, using this road accident for mass clashes, then a single warning shot will be fired, and then they (police) will shoot to kill. If there is no time for warning, they will shoot to kill immediately,” Herashchenko said.

What part of "with weapons" tripped you up?
edit on 16-3-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

You don't bother to read the stories do you? I say this because the Kyiv Post does not state what you are claiming nor does it support the RT article. Why do you mislead people like you do?

Riots in Kostyantynivka after Ukrainian armored vehicle hits and kills a child

Also, propaganda machines on both sides geared up and pumped out scores of tweets about the incident. On one side, trolls issued warnings that the Right Sector “punishers” were coming into town to rein in the local population. On the other side, numerous tweets warned that somebody was using the accident to incite riots.

As the situation escalated by the evening, the Ukrainian authorities allowed police officers to use weapons in case of mass riots, Anton Herashchenko, an adviser to Interior Minister Arsen Avakov, told 112 TV channel.

“If anyone in Kostyantynivka, with weapons, stands against the laws of the Ukrainian authorities, using this road accident for mass clashes, then a single warning shot will be fired, and then they (police) will shoot to kill. If there is no time for warning, they will shoot to kill immediately,” Herashchenko said.

What part of "with weapons" tripped you up?

The part where it wasn't from RT maybe?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I understand that some people here at ATS are taking sides in the Russia vs Ukraine conflict and that passions can rise. I ask that you please refrain from personal attacks at each other. Stay civil, please. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I understand that some people here at ATS are taking sides in the Russia vs Ukraine conflict and that passions can rise. I ask that you please refrain from personal attacks at each other. Stay civil, please. Thank you.

Fixed

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Thanks. What was broken?

ETA: I wasn't being a smart ass or anything. I was just confused.
edit on 16-3-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

Generally you provide links when you claim that, but others have helped you out there.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The problem w Ukraine is that the situation has been way to heated for way too long de-escalation should of been done weeks ago whether source is RT, CNN FOX it's all the same BS it is all biased and unbelievable it's a internal de-escalation situation.. reply to: Skid Mark

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

sent you a pm.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

When did they start?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Even RT put "shoot-to-kill orders" in inverted commas, which is there way of tacitly admitting there are no such orders, really. People who don't notice such things read this type of reporting as factual without understanding the little reporting tricks.

RT.com is a Russian government-run "news" organisation (note the inverted commas, meaning that's not really factual), which has a position to push. Russian good - Ukraine and the West are bad.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Generally you provide links when you claim that, but others have helped you out there.

You`re right, I do that normally, but I thought it was known by now I don`t crap around like some others do.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

RT is the only example of free, fair, and unbiased press in the entire world.

We can't forget Sputnik news.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

You`re right, I do that normally, but I thought it was known by now I don`t crap around like some others do.

Okay, you don't crap around...You just like to push it as truth.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: Shamrock6

RT is the only example of free, fair, and unbiased press in the entire world.

We can't forget Sputnik news.

Kremlin Daily Caller - all the news we can come up with!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I understand now. Thanks.

new topics

join