It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rochdale Abuse: Police Will Face No Action

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It seems by this article officers who played part in the Rochdale abuse coverup are to get off scot free. Note the non prevalent use of the phrase "child abuse" or any direct reference to until the last paragraph. Perhaps I am over thinking here.

"This report shows that Greater Manchester Police are good at protecting the careers and pensions of senior officers but they aren't any good at protecting vulnerable young girls across Rochdale."

Sky News
edit on 16-3-2015 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

What a surprise. Crooked cops covering their own asses, instead of doing the job they swore to do.
When are people going to finally realize: There are no good cops. As long as one knowingly lies to to cover for another cop, they are all to be held to blame. Until I start seeing them going to jail for their crimes, as frequently as they put people in jail, I will consider them all guilty till proven innocent.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
When are the parents and families of these exploited girls going to accept their own responsibility for their children being in such situations?
edit on 16-3-2015 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Any parents who tried to intervene to rescue their girls were warned off by the police. The police were restricted in what they can do by the local MP's in order to maximize votes. The entire Labour council of Rochdale resigned. That's a good indication of where the blame lies. Even social workers were warned off when they tried to intervene. Those teenagers could have been rehomed outside of the area, but they weren't. It was political unthinkable to admit there was a problem.

edit on 16-3-2015 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Would a "warning" from the police be enough to get you to back off from claims by your daughter or sister that she'd been abused by half the local kebab shop staff? If so, shame on you as a parent or family member. The police would need to charge me with something serious and have me jailed before I'd have taken any notice of such a warning*. Nip that crap in the bud early, by any means necessary.

* I'd be happy to explain to a judge and jury exactly why I'd been forced to take the extreme actions I'd have taken, if that was necessary.

edit on 16-3-2015 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I will add that I find it hard to believe people would rather be seen as someone who covers up child abuse than a racist. Even with the obvious psychological phenomena in mind.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Double.]

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: IvanAstikov
When are the parents and families of these exploited girls going to accept their own responsibility for their children being in such situations?

You mean like the father that was arrested and charged for affray or the brother who tried to rescue his baby sister only to have his legs broken by the rapists? Who the police then refused to prosecute?

Knowingly, deliberately or otherwise, the police colluded with the rapists to intimidate the children and their families.

Many of the children have disclosed they were threatened and their families threatened by the rapists that if they told their parents, they, their family, friends, pets, would be killed. Perhaps the children should have been emotionally and psychologically mature enough to combat such threats? Do you have any idea of the terror a child feels if she/he believes their family will be killed because of them? A child should not feel intimidated by a gang of grown men who would have been able to add 'the police will not help you, they told us, they are our friends, not yours' to their threats?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

You mean like the father that was arrested and charged for affray or the brother who tried to rescue his baby sister only to have his legs broken by the rapists? Who the police then refused to prosecute?

How dumb do you have to be to get caught sorting these sex offenders out? If they were as active as the number of supposedly abused girls would indicate, how would they have a clue which girl they'd raped had set the hounds of hell on them, and who were they going to report it to, if they were guilty of the things they were being accused of?

I'm sorry if it offends the sensibilities of some, but if you mess with me or my family, the police are the least of your worries. A bit of early street justice would have made the police get off their arses and do some proper work, had it ever come to their attention.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: IvanAstikov
I'd of course carry out a similar course of action as yourself, and all my mates would be behind me as I would for them, but not all blokes are the same. Many are emasculated these days, they are victims of themselves and society.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Many of them had no parents or family to turn to. They were in the 'care' of the local council.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: SummerLightning

Many of them had no parents or family to turn to.

How were they meant to care for them without keeping them locked up until they were old enough to leave care legally? Also, do you have a cite for your "many" assertion?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   

There was a vigilante 'hunt' group in the midlands, had a facebook page where people could give info on child rapists and arrange 'hunting' parties. The police dealt with them (sorry cannot recall all details), the page was closed. I truly hope they are not disbanded and are still vigilant.

I hear all the time parents, mainly fathers, that say they will take action if their child was raped but how many will take action because for other raped children?

It was different when I was growing up. Parents took action (revenge) and the police (generally) did not prosecute them for it.

Raped children deserve justice and this is not happening because the police and all of the British justice system do not value working class or broken children from indigenous families. I do not just blame political correctness in this. There is also the matter of police quotas meaning actual criminals that are hard to prosecute are overlooked in favour of easy niks.

Be it by gangs of Pakistani men, senior officials or celebrities, the fact remains, police in this country are complicit in the systemic rape of children.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
When I was in the care of the local authorities back in the late 70's, there were special secure units for those children who couldn't resist running away and getting into non-adult supervised mischief, or otherwise. Of the 240 boys in the home with me, the percentage of them who were that way inclined was always tiny. Somewhere between now and then, the care system must have radically lost its powers to prevent their charges from leaving when they wanted to(even calling taxis from the homes, it would seem), thus leading to this situation where so many girls were able to frequent the places they were meeting their abusers. I'm not really sure what the police are meant to be doing if their guardians can't even enforce "groundings."

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

The police should have been arresting and prosecuting people that rape children. The courts should have either deported the rapists or locked them in high security prisons for a very long time. Or better yet, lawmakers should have introduced death penalty for anyone that rapes a child or colludes in the rape of a child.

The children should be able to roam free without fear of rape. Parents and guardians should not have to instil fear in their children just to protect them.

edit on 17/3/2015 by teapot because: g

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

what is worse is when you watch a group of them tell lies in court despite their own earlier statements, know that the judge has seen their earlier statements, so knows what is being told is pure lies and they get their convictions with the help of the amnesic judge himself - expect justice here you must be mad.

I don't think its only the police though because the media ,owned by the class that most needs protection from the public anyway for their interference and censorship in the running of this country, has lamentably let these kids down also. We need this dealt with and the full thrust of the media to get this done. Many of those dangerous and disgusting excuses for men are immigrants from a cuture that thinks white women are fit for rape only and that obviously includes their kids so these scum can be deported along with their own women and kids. When you also realise in that foreign culture - they can have 4 odd wives themselves none of these men have an excuse in the world for their depravity yet more and more of them arrive into this country in waves.

Why the police have let them off the hook is probably because not enough of the parents or guardians of these vulnerable children have been able to get media coverage to tell their tales or been articulate enough to really get people involved. Plus of course you have the establishment and its predatory perpetrators - again getting the silent police treatment. Strangely enough, despite the fact that when the police actually act in the way they are supposed to we know it takes time, but with no action even anticipated, one is tempted to ask whether we might be better off with a limited police force and the right to redress wrong doing under common law ourselves - at least it would get done and we would all have satisfaction in that men would know what to expect were they to try this racism on our women and especially kids.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
"better off with a limited police force and the right to redress wrong doing under common law ourselves"
Stop being a huking idiot!
We need the cops and fulltime too, we need the laws and the courts.
Because we can't be trusted to be rational when scrimes are committed.
I'd hate to live in a society with the likes of you.

scrimes? I meant crimes.
edit on 17-3-2015 by supamoto because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: teapot
If any of the girls were objecting to their treatment by these rapists, it shouldn't have been beyond the wit and wisdom of either their official guardians or concerned family/friends to discreetly film the comings and goings at any of the places they'd been told these girls were taken to. The girls could even have used their smart-phones to record audio of their abusers if they'd had an ounce of brains between them and those supporting their allegations. In the 70's, 80's and most of the 90's, it was excusable that no such evidence was ever provided, but not since 2000.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

So it is the fault of raped children that the police did not prosecute the rapists?

And many children and their families and social workers did report to the police.

The children were groomed, drugged, raped, forced into prostitution, trafficked around the uk to be raped again, abused and threatened. But according to you they were at fault.

Next, you will be suggesting raped children were asking for it?

top topics

join