It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discussion About The Putin Stealthy Coup Rumors Mega-Thread...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Who actualy lied and started this rumour? Can you trace the original source for this Hoax?

I'm sorry ATS boss man,but all your thread did was show who's gullible

Seriously do you all hate Putin so much your reasoning is obscured ?

Putin for right or wrong is very popular in his country,the financial hardships in Russia now are a result of western sanctions and SA fixing the price of oil

The population know this,and the military and civilians seem very happy Crimea is back with them

It beggars belief that you all could imagine a coup against someone so popular

:-/

But thank you for this thread,far better to post this here than in the other one

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Why hasn't www.abovetopsecret.com... been tagged a HOAX. Please answer that question moderators. Talk about a double standard around here.

I'm disappointed how ATS is handled this. Just because a rumor is on social media doesn't make it the truth. We all know governments have shills that will flood social media to promote any story they want general public to believe. It doesn't matter how many times a rumor is repeated, it's still a rumor. Once it has been proven wrong, threads about it should be moved out of "breaking news" and into HOAX section.

edit on 16-3-2015 by Echo007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

That's where the problem lies imo, social media.

Don't get me wrong it can be a useful tool for trying to ascertain just what is going on, but without verification of claims and details of claims it's difficult to gain a true picture.

It's like the claims of staff leaving the Russian Embassy, there was nothing else to verify this, and yet members ran with it and put two and two together and came up with twenty one. Seriously, people were using it as evidence to support their own assumptions about what was going on in Russia, from one source. Someone even claimed that London was likely to be Nuked.

Come on, let's keep it real people!!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007
Why hasn't www.abovetopsecret.com... been tagged a HOAX.

Asked and answered.
edit on 16-3-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

It's like the claims of staff leaving the Russian Embassy, there was nothing else to verify this, and yet members ran with it and put two and two together and came up with twenty one. Seriously, people were using it as evidence to support their own assumptions about what was going on in Russia, from one source. Someone even claimed that London was likely to be Nuked.

Both the embassy claim and the nuke in London claim was both started by 4chan as far as I know. And those guys never tell a lie ahem
They were not hoaxed either (unless they have been since I seen them and now I look like a fool
)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

edit on Cpm2Monday1120153131Mon, 16 Mar 2015 14:11:31 -05002015 by CagliostroTheGreat because: page was still up, accidentally hit post

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
a reply to: sosobad

No, I don't. Last I had heard, Wonka himself had to be hospitalized when he was seriously burned when his research team prematurely activated a prototype glucose thruster.

You said that 2 pages ago. Glitch in the matrix!?
edit on 16-3-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Yup a glitch in the matrix... my own stupid matrix...

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Yup a glitch in the matrix... my own stupid matrix...

Lol happens to the best of us buddy

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Well, I guess there's always gonna be a few people who, just because he is a site owner, will act like they are gonna win some prize if they can catch him making an error of some sort... There is no prize, except for self righteous indignation. I know, because I used to be one of those people who would pull out my microscope whenever I saw a post by SO, Phage or any other hotshot ATS member. Now I grew up a little and try to only point out what I see as errors to be helpful, or funny, or if I think someone is being a jerk... doing it just to be "righter" is just counterproductive.

But don't let me stop anyone from enjoying the party they've thrown for themselves.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

For those with aversion to social media...

Hehe, that's funny, coming from you after the FB thing.

It's Trollgate. No, I mean literally: you got trolled by the Kremlin and it opened a gate that has unleashed the Russian Trolls on ATS.

Not reacting is also doing something, and also often more effective.

P.S. You dropped an article between "with" and "aversion", there, comrade.
edit on 16-3-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

link   
Thread was totally warranted. Russian leaders don't just peacefully retire to their version of Florida. When they go it's always some kind of upheaval. And what we saw over the last few days had the hallmarks.

ATS usually has a mega-thread going during major unexpected events and the people protesting that one must either be noobs, ticked off about some other thread, or missed their calling as hall monitors.

link   

originally posted by: sosobad

No, I don't. Last I had heard, Wonka himself had to be hospitalized when he was seriously burned when his research team prematurely activated a prototype glucose thruster.

Interesting exchange seeing the quote is now gone .mmmmm

Ps now just how the heck did that happen ????
edit on 16-3-2015 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

What FB thing?

The article can be dropped in the case of a plural subject.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

You know what is really funny?

When the Ukraine protests started social media was ablaze with info and used frequently here as a source, but of course now people complain about twitter because it doesn't fit their idea of what they think is the truth.

I also think people don''t seem to realize that social media is how you get to see into other countries that you don't get with any news.

And the fact that thread said Rumor in the title should have shown to people that it may, or may not be true, so I don't see why other's are getting bent out of shape over it.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

It was a delayed double post on my part. The entire conversation is still in this thread. Nothing weird happened just my own incompetence.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

originally posted by: sosobad

Interesting exchange seeing the quote is now gone .mmmmm

Ps now just how the heck did that happen ????

Is Putin dead or alive? Am I being trolled or not? Can I believe it's not butter? I just don't know anymore

edit on 16-3-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Well, doesn't that mean then that I can say, for instance, "Get back!" "I has the aversion!" It opens up a whole can of rotten caviar.

You know, when you guys went all "People on FB are stupid!" and bailed.

edit on 16-3-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

And you poopooed any thread started with social media back then, what changed your mind? Could it be that the initial thread fitted just right with your view of things? Imagine that.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Yeah, people on Facebook tend to see the headline and react, without reading. That's why we use pretty pictures now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join