It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discussion About The Putin Stealthy Coup Rumors Mega-Thread...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
a reply to: sosobad

No, I don't. Last I had heard, Wonka himself had to be hospitalized when he was seriously burned when his research team prematurely activated a prototype glucose thruster.

See the basis of the argument? If the owner can start threads like these it will set a bad precedent and/or animosity when others do the same, just throw rumor in the title and everything is ok.

I ain't arguing the fact SO done it, his site his show, just playing devils advocate for the other side. I actually enjoyed the rampant unbridled speculation, really shows whose mind is where.
edit on 16-3-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
I hope all forms of social media burn...

Aversion is putting it lightly.

But since you hope that everything burns ... how is that any kind of announcement

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I get your point and I also think something is up in the Kremlin.

But... Social media are very easy to jump the gun and nothing attracts a crowd like another crowd. When you're talking about Putin and the implications of him going missing would have then you can understand how rumors are amplified tenfold.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Honestly, something is uncoordinated in Russia. I don't know what is signals, but it's uncharacteristic for them to be so out of sync.

It may not be a coup, but there is something out of whack in their government at the present.

It will likely pan out to be nothing, but in the meantime, it fuels lots of speculation because they are less transparent than our own government.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I think Skeptic is trying to explain that Twitter's algorithm was extremely off, and that is what was note worthy. If I am wrong with this premise ,by all means correct me. Not everything is as it seems. a lot of us are in no way privy to the real workings of any government of this size.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Age and perception has a place here.

Those of us who are old enough to remember the bad old days, the days of Leonid Brezhnev, Yuri Andropov and Konstantin Chernenko, and maybe even Gorbachev and Yelstin have seen some VERY familiar things in recent days - the disappearance, the hyperbole, the military alert etc - all have been synonymous with changes of leadership in Russia (the USSR) in the past.

And its no suprise that maybe modern media had latched on to that vibe. It LOOKED like something was about to happen.

And had social media been prevalent in those times I reckon we'd have seen something VERY similar to what we have seen in recent days.

So those crying that this has somehow been an ATS hoax.... nope - you are so far off the mark. What you've seen is an echo of the past played out in modern social media - and no, its not over yet. The man went dark for a reason - and when a head of state goes dark for that long, something has happened.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

I'm not even all that old, and I get what you're saying. It seemed out of character to me too.

But then I'm not on social media, either, so I missed that part of it all except for the stuff I see on the plain old Internet.

edit on 16-3-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Chansi3

Trending topics are not only factoring number of tweets/retweet. It also values if new information is being added to the topic and such. That's the official response. We can all agree the official response is not always the truth.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The thread was obviously needed...there was a ton of interest. Putin was missing for 10 days. He has only gone missing for 2 days on 2 occasions over his 13 year reign. That's what it's for, to discuss the topic. I would not expect every thread to dig to the truth. Just like I don't expect everyone to understand Twitter and it's value / danger.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
It seems to me that this is more about the genral dislike of social media than anything else.

Twitter and facebook are almost dirty words he it seems.

As with all things if used correctly they are valuable tools that can be utilised to your own advantage.

Very much like ATS in some ways, If you take the bits you like and ignore the bits you don't then they certainly have there place in modern communication.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Are we sure it's even over?
Did anyone see that Volotov dude warm and breathing air?

He never really said why he was awol for 11 days either.

If Obama disappeared with a nuclear launch code briefcase for 11 days people would be demanding explanations.
edit on 16-3-2015 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

If Obama disappeared with a nuclear launch code briefcase for 11 days people would be demanding explanations.

Yes the american people. Putin owes no explanation to anyone but the Russian people and they don't seem half as concerned as everyone this side of the world.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

And something still isn't right with Twitter.

At this moment, I'm getting three-times the Tweets-per-minute on "Putin" than I am on the "top trending" topic, #BoycottDolceGabbana. Yet "Putin" is not showing in the top-trending topics.

This type of oddity was also seen during the Ferguson and Hong Kong riots.

Janetter Pro was logging an average of 4,000+ tweets per minute (including retweets) early this morning. Yet topics Twitter said were popular, were getting less than 1,000 tweets per minute

Are you saying that social media giants such as twitter manipulate their site data so as to paint a particular picture to falsely portray a situation that does not actually exist (or, more accuraately, that big brother prefers the public to think does exist).

That sounds like a lesson straight out of propaganda 101 S.O

Say it ain't so...S.O

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

Yes the american people. Putin owes no explanation to anyone but the Russian people and they don't seem half as concerned as everyone this side of the world.

You do realize if he lost control of those launch codes your side of the world would be just as crispy and glowing funny as this side of the world?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

You do realize if he lost control of those launch codes your side of the world would be just as crispy and glowing funny as this side of the world?

Does that mean he is required to make his whereabouts known just because we want to know? It is the Russian peoples president, their president, not yours not mine, he answers to them. God if was the other way around you'd be making some semi bigoted statement telling them where to go.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I happened to think it was a great thread, aside from people being at each other's throats from time to time.
Aside from ATS, I get my news stories from social media. I imagine people had the same disdain for news when radio and TV came out. It's just another outlet. I can see how it could be relevant if it's from people that are actually there or are in the know. Thanks for posting the thread. It's been interesting.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Does that mean he is required to make his whereabouts known just because we want to know? It is the Russian peoples president, their president, not yours not mine, he answers to them. God if was the other way around you'd be making some semi bigoted statement telling them where to go.

No, if it was the other way around and Obama fell off the face of the earth for 11 days I would be calling for an investigation into his competency.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
If it was possible for a pink and white dress or was it purple and white ...cant say for sure because the rumor mill went viral and I didn't really participate in it ..anyway ,what was I going to say ???oh yea ,if social media is good enough for the state dept., and they are allowed to run with it then I suggest we really find our own people we can trust for whats going on ...oh wait that don't really work because we used to trust the MSM but we have strong doubts about even them ....What are we going to do ? I think ATS has enough opinions ,active imaginations ,and members we trust to share and make our own decisions .

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Fingers crossed!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

No, if it was the other way around and Obama fell off the face of the earth for 11 days I would be calling for an investigation into his competency.

If he went missing for 11 days you'd have plenty of time to search all the major golf resorts. He'd definitely be at one of them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join