It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discussion About The Putin Stealthy Coup Rumors Mega-Thread...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

We typically don't hunt for "witches."

But do you sometimes call out "witches" in front of the eyes of the community or is this against your policies?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Anyone else could have posted that thread and there woukd not have been nearly as much flack over it.

Nobody said it was easy being king.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I look at it this way; something happened and we still do not know exactly what that was. World leaders just do not sequester themselves for nearly two weeks because everything is peachy.

I thought the thread was warranted.

edit on 16-3-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I wasn't going to discount this without further information because this follows the way many coups and government leaderships have changed over the years. Look what happened in the Ukraine. That was on one of the social medias before it hit the news, someone from that area posted what was happening.

I look at the threads on this and the info is all over the place, There should be a summary of what is happening somewhere.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

I don't think anyone's journalistic integrity was compromised by reporting what very well could have been one of the biggest stories of the year. If you ask me, its still unfolding.

that is the funniest part about all this...everyone thinks its over cause Putin has resurfaced...we still don't now what happened...and obviously something was very strange....even if it turns out to be that he just wanted some privacy...we still don't know everything that happened yet

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I look at the threads on this and the info is all over the place, There should be a summary of what is happening somewhere.

I think in the OP would be a good idea.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I have some news for you bill.

I'm really disappointed with a few ATS members and their apparent inability to discern the validity of the core story.

This counts for about 80% of ATS members who cannot tell the BS from everything else.

As for the whole media storm surrounding Putin, I really could not have cared less, was always going to be a non-story if there was something truly newsworthy like a coup or a death it would have been announced.

But at the same time there is no way it should be moved to the Hoax Bin, it was a genuine mystery, where was Putin and this is a conspiracy site and I am sure with his reassurance more conspiracies will emerge about what happened to him over those 10 days. Honestly I am waiting patiently for the "Putin was abducted by a UFO for 10 days" thread to pop up for a good laugh. However this is a conspiracy website, it was no hoax, he really did go missing for 10 days ant it was possible (highly unlickly) that there could have been a coup, it was a legitimate point of discussion on ATS.

I guess what i am saying is that I am with you on this one.

But that thread should NEVER have gotten 185 flags it was ALWAYS just a rumour SOCIAL MEDIA is NOT NEWS!!!!
edit on 16-3-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

We have a saying the Netherlands, "high trees are catching a lot of wind," which means if you stick your neck out, expect the backlash.

It`s the problem with wanting to be quick with news, it can be wrong, and you could have seen it coming.

Times have changed where rumours are spreading like wildfire on Twitter and Facebook, only one has to make something which he claims to come from sources and another picks that up with adding something which supposedly also comes from sources and we have a lift off...that`s the time we live in nowadays.

So you can either ignore it and keep an eye on it, or be quick but expect the backlash coming from it...maybe something to think about for the next time...it`s the choice you make by wanting to be quick (and Twitter explosions don`t say a thing).

edit on 16 3 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

Right? How do we know that the perpetrator(s) of the alleged "stealthy coup" haven't forced Putin to appear?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
So I guess the problem for me was I saw this in the breaking political news forum would this have not been better in the general conspiracy forum. since it was said and I shoudl read this part more carefully "unverifable sources" and "rumor"

I acutally told someone about this thinking that this was truly happening. looks like I can;t trust the daily mail.

And I also comme to ATS for news which I thought this was actual breaking news I guess thats why I am a little disappointed again should have read the word "Rumor". Thats my bad.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

And something still isn't right with Twitter.

At this moment, I'm getting three-times the Tweets-per-minute on "Putin" than I am on the "top trending" topic, #BoycottDolceGabbana. Yet "Putin" is not showing in the top-trending topics.

This type of oddity was also seen during the Ferguson and Hong Kong riots.

link   

a reply to: rockpaperhammock

Right? How do we know that the perpetrator(s) of the alleged "stealthy coup" haven't forced Putin to appear?

I think that statements like these go a long way to enraging the others who want to hoax it. With no proof you are still saying it is plausible, by that regard it is equally possible he was flying around Russia on rocket boots made out of lollipops for the 11 days.
edit on 16-3-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

link   
Ha... I will never embrace social media nerds.... I will tell you why.... Most people on those sites have their face glued to computer screens, their reality is in pixels. 2nd I see the whole Putin following no different than the Prince Philip Movement lol...

The Twitter Storm is actually a cult of people who become obsessive in nature... as with Putin! I would bet money these Twitters view the world differently than the majority, hence why I considered them a cult and separate from mainstream society.

Twitter may be a very dangerous place for info and news, people on that site surround themselves with thousands of people who are like minded, thus remain ignorant about opposing views.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
So I guess the problem for me was I saw this in the breaking political news forum

But it was, and still is, breaking political news. The head of state of the second-largest nuclear power, who has launch codes, goes missing without comments -- that's a pretty big deal.

I acutally told someone about this thinking that this was truly happening. looks like I can;t trust the daily mail.

There have been dozens of sources covering behind-the-scenes turmoil in Russian politics. Speculation that a coup might be happening, with known turmoil, is not wild arm-flailing or reason to distrust anything. The speculation is well-founded, and the story isn't over.

And I also comme to ATS for news which I thought this was actual breaking news

It was. It's just that in this case, the vast majority of the story was being written here on ATS, rather than sourced from a newspaper or website.

I guess thats why I am a little disappointed again should have read the word "Rumor". Thats my bad.

Many legitimate scandals begin as a rumor, and after investigation, become something important.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

And something still isn't right with Twitter.

At this moment, I'm getting three-times the Tweets-per-minute on "Putin" than I am on the "top trending" topic, #BoycottDolceGabbana. Yet "Putin" is not showing in the top-trending topics.

This type of oddity was also seen during the Ferguson and Hong Kong riots.

This is expected with his "comeback"... Unless something else happens, I bet it will slowly die this week.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

When lollipop rocket boots are finally perfected your statement might be intellectually honest. As it stands, however, lollipop rocket boots are not real but government takeover by coup is an perfectly logical possibility. Do you know for sure there was no coup? I don't.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I followed that whole thread and enjoyed it thoroughly.

As someone else in this thread stated, this is my go to website when trying to filter out the BS from reality.

I find the hubris from some members quite entertaining. The self righteous, presumptuous attitudes of members trying to show ATS Owners the error of their ways is almost comical.

I do NOT agree with all your views on all subjects SO, but I always read those views.

If you or ANY of the OWNERS want to make a thread, who the F# am I to criticize you about it. It is YOUR SITE ffs.

Those trying to show you the error of your ways need to get a grip on reality, and either not click on undesirable threads or go MAKE THEIR OWN SITE.
This website is private property of the owners. If you don't like it, leave.

Narcissism and hubris out of control.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

When lollipop rocket boots are finally perfected your statement might be intellectually honest. As it stands, however, lollipop rocket boots are not real but government takeover by coup is an perfectly logical possibility. Do you know for sure there was no coup? I don't.

Do you know for sure lollipop rocket boots have not been perfected? I heard a rumor they were....
edit on 16-3-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

No, I don't. Last I had heard, Wonka himself had to be hospitalized when he was seriously burned when his research team prematurely activated a prototype glucose thruster.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrMaybeNot
This is expected with his "comeback"... Unless something else happens, I bet it will slowly die this week.

I think you're missing the point.

This was happening during the entire weekend. I'd bee seeing a pace of Putin tweets that was impossible to parse because of the speed. Janetter Pro was logging an average of 4,000+ tweets per minute (including retweets) early this morning. Yet topics Twitter said were popular, were getting less than 1,000 tweets per minute.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join