It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough with the Putin threads already!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The rumors and innuendo that have surrounded the Russian president have reached fever pitch and frankly it has snowballed into something that is beyond ridiculous. Is he dead? is he about to announce disclosure? is he about to announce disclosure from beyond the grave? all of those questions are now moot as the man himself has now resurfaced.

But why was he out of the spotlight for so long? Maybe he was sick. Maybe he went into hiding in fear of retaliation from the supporters of the late opposition leader that was gunned down. Those reasons could make sense and as always the whole fiasco has highlighted the best and worst of ATS.

But now that the man in question has resurfaced then it is up to him to front up to the press and the time for rampant speculation is over. For all those who were wishing that there was an extraordinary reason for his absence then you'll just have to...

edit on 16-3-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Did Putin have a sex change?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Obligatory "you just added one more" post.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Haha I feel ya brother. You know you're probably gonna get flamed for this right?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

After this little fiasco it seems to mean that it is ok to make up any amount of nonsense and that be just fine. It is a poor excuse.

Like Tequila, best served "with a pinch of salt".

ATS and all the other rumour generators are very much the puppets of western propaganda, doing all the hard work. I have seen this happen many times. Best to keep quiet until armed with at least a morsel of fact.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
if we by chance want to have a serious and intellectually honest conversation, we could discuss how for many people, and it seems mostly americans, there is a desire for a bogyman, some kind of atavistic need to have an enemy, and we could try and trace the reason why there ALWAYS must be a bad guy/someone to be tense about.
is it because america was built on stolen land?
is it because america has been at war for 80% of it's existence?
Is it movies, that condition people to such a feverish extent?
what of this whole russia debate stems from legitimate fears and what is just projection of anxiety?
like in...ebolagate? people fed and grew the fear by adding their own ignorance to speculation.
How far can this system reach? are people in the uk saying russia is dangerous just because "well everyone is saying it so it must be true?"
how much do we allow ourselves to be conditioned?
where and what exactly is the truth?
But that type of conversation might lead to actual progress and mental evolution, and we ain't havin' none of that!
i say the new putin is a clone!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

Obligatory "you just added one more" post.

I was well aware of the irony but I couldn't help myself. My RSS feed was being overloaded with Putin threads and the same thing happened when the Ferguson riots broke out. Everyone has their own opinion but there are preexisting threads that discuss the matter at hand so I don't see the need for the floodgates to open and a post can be just as relevant as a thread.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
Haha I feel ya brother. You know you're probably gonna get flamed for this right?

Yeah I'm still waiting for the shill/troll accusations to roll in and I'm surprised that the accusations haven't started already.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Ah, c'mon! ISIS was getting old.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

He was away because .....................

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I skip a ton of ATS threads...Don't other people?

I'm not sure why you feel the need to tell people what topics to discuss or not discuss. Is that a control issue you have?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: lonesomerimbaud

Like Tequila, best served "with a pinch of salt".

Salt & Lime... Or in this case Salt & Sour grapes

top topics

join