It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6th grader suspended for 364 days for a not-pot leaf

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
only thing ive heard like this was when i was back in hs (04) a buddy of mine got arrested and suspended from school for trying to rip off freshmen by selling them oregano disguised as well you all know what i mean.now his charges stuck as well as the suspension because he WAS trying to pass it off as mj(bagged up and whatnot). i dont think it quite matches up w the article in question but its a somewhat comparable situation for what its worth.

so things like this have happened before but does seem ludicrous when even the criminal justice system drops the charges but the school wont

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I think these cases of knee-jerk reactions in the schools are fairly isolated and sensationalized to provoke an emotional response from the public.

Its not like these things are happening with alarming frequency in all school districts throughout the country. We just see to always hear about the isolated events that do happen.

It's the fact that they ARE isolated incidents that make them sensational. If they were commonplace, it wouldn't be sensational now would it? And it's not just that it IS happening, these twisted authorities aren't backing down nor admitting any wrong doing. That should be disconcerting for everyone. For the record, it shouldn't be happening at all.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

I thought this would be a story from some backward hellhole like Afghanistan or something...

And I was right, but this backward hellhole is in the States...

I think I'm going back to sleep for a few centuries or something... wake me when stupid is over.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

2003 graduate as well. My school once had an abandoned bag of weed left in one of the stairwells during a bomb threat. After that, I had a teacher that would write "going to smoke weed in the front stairwell" on my hall passes! I found it very humorous, no doubt he'd be reprimanded for that now.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

I once saw one of them live Police camera shows in the UK with some kids selling origano rollies as spliffs, but the Police let them off and said its not illegal here in the UK.
Send your mate here with his rogue business plans!

Shame for the kid (edit: In OP) tho, missing all that education for no reason
edit on 16-3-2015 by Glz00 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2015 by Glz00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
only thing ive heard like this was when i was back in hs (04) a buddy of mine got arrested and suspended from school for trying to rip off freshmen by selling them oregano disguised as well you all know what i mean.now his charges stuck as well as the suspension because he WAS trying to pass it off as mj(bagged up and whatnot). i dont think it quite matches up w the article in question but its a somewhat comparable situation for what its worth.

so things like this have happened before but does seem ludicrous when even the criminal justice system drops the charges but the school wont

My stepmother had a friend who was a wild life rehabilitator. Her son had pot in a Ziploc bag and he was sprinkling oregano in the bag to make it look like he had more so he could sell more to his friends and make more money. I think I was about 13 when I saw this. I asked him what he was doing and he flat out told me. No hiding it or anything.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

And this is the world we live in ....

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
You know since he is in Virginia he could have found a wild hemp plant. They are low in THC which is what they test for and highish in cbds.

Essentially they are pretty much the same plant just bred down over so many years that it has no smoking quality what so ever. Main uses are for rope and oils.

Hope you don't try to smoke it though or you're in for a mean headache.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
You know since he is in Virginia he could have found a wild hemp plant. They are low in THC which is what they test for and highish in cbds.

Essentially they are pretty much the same plant just bred down over so many years that it has no smoking quality what so ever. Main uses are for rope and oils.

If it was a wild hemp plant, wouldn't it test positive for THC? My guess is, if it tested negative for THC and other pot chemicals, which the article states it tested negative 3 times, it has to be some other kind of plant. That's my guess though.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I think these cases of knee-jerk reactions in the schools are fairly isolated and sensationalized to provoke an emotional response from the public.

Its not like these things are happening with alarming frequency in all school districts throughout the country. We just see to always hear about the isolated events that do happen.

These incidents shouldn't be happening at all.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Could have also been a Japanese maple. To someone not familiar it looks very similar to cannabis.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

If it was a wild hemp plant, wouldn't it test positive for THC? My guess is, if it tested negative for THC and other pot chemicals, which the article states it tested negative 3 times, it has to be some other kind of plant. That's my guess though.

No the quantity of THC inside wild hemp is around .05% to .80% while Medicinal cannabis has a THC content of 3% to 20% thc.

Since it's a leaf there is really no THC to begin with, so even if they grind up the whole leaf it still will not appear to have any. The only test they have for this is for THC not cbds. That's why after three tests still negative.

Being in the kids backpack would have brushed any glands off the leaf anyway sticking to the inside of the backpack. Did they test there?
edit on 17-3-2015 by TheLotLizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Whats with the testing 3 times...are these people the shining example of stupidity....doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result......this level of stupidity is astounding

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

No the quantity of THC inside wild hemp is around .05% to .80% while Medicinal cannabis has a THC content of 3% to 20% thc.

Since it's a leaf there is really no THC to begin with, so even if they grind up the whole leaf it still will not appear to have any. The only test they have for this is for THC not cbds. That's why after three tests still negative.

Being in the kids backpack would have brushed any glands off the leaf anyway sticking to the inside of the backpack. Did they test there?

It doesn't mention in the article, so my guess is they only tested the leaf, and not the backpack.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join