It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolce and Gabbana clarify remarks about IVF babies and gay adoption...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
The biggest hypocrites in regards to IVF are the anti-abortion crowd who don't have an adopted child.

They do everything to save a life before its born, they do everything to take a life with capital punishment , don't adopt children , then preach on how they should all be brought in to this world despite not being wanted or being able to be taken care off.

I'm surprised they aren't fighting to ban IVF , but then again they are mostly hypocrites only concerned with their ideals and not the circumstances of the future for others.

Adoptive parents overwhelmingly believe that abortion is the willful murder of defenseless, innocent human life.

Not every person who is believes abortion is murder is called to be an adoptive parent. Most people who believe abortion is murder also believe that children should be raised by both a mother and a father in an intact, loving marriage, and many who may not be in that situation are not in a position to adopt a child.

Most people who believe that abortion is murder, also view execution as murderous.

Most people who believe abortion is murderous who cannot adopt actively support the care of every child through offerings of their time, their talents, and their treasure.

Many people who believe abortion is murder also accept that IVF is a morally grave act, that through its development and wide-spread practice, has contributed to the destruction of millions of human souls. They are rightly opposed to its continuation.

Most people who believe that abortion is murder care deeply about the lives of others - they are far more loving and generous than their opposition.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

I didn't say most , I said the ones that meet the criteria I put forth.

I also stated that perhaps they might not all be hypocritical but rather selfish idealist who can make decisions for others that has no consequences on their part.

Most people who believe abortion is murderous who cannot adopt actively support the care of every child through offerings of their time, their talents, and their treasure.

Well that is B$, a kid is not a time shared item. If you demand that every unwanted child is born than step up to the plate. Its easy to make decisions for others when you decide when its convenient for you to deal with the consequences.

Many people who believe abortion is murder also accept that IVF is a morally grave act, that through its development and wide-spread practice, has contributed to the destruction of millions of human souls. They are rightly opposed to its continuation.

So you get to sit on your high moral compass and decide what is right or wrong for others based on your gut feelings?

That is the problem with religion, their is no proof for it OR against it, but you would be willing to kill your own children on FAITH or better known as a gut feeling.

Perhaps your god is really the devil , he is all mighty and knowing then he goes and puts these urges in people, and allows for humanity to progress with science and technology only see them fail and burn in hell. However, that does go in line with the hypocrisy among religions doesn't it.

Oh I know , only God does good and those urges were created by the devil. If so, than your God is not all that almighty or all that knowing to let it happen in the first place.

So if he lets it happen , who is to say its wrong and that it doesn't serve a purpose.
In other words, your gut feelings shouldn't be deciding factor for others that would bare the consequences.

How do you know that god didn't create IVF to ensure humanity doesn't go instinct in the future?
edit on 25331America/ChicagoMon, 16 Mar 2015 11:25:19 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

I am SO disinterested in discussing your narrow-minded and hateful views with you... Looks like Charlie and others are doing a fine job, though!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

How do you know that god didn't create IVF to ensure humanity doesn't go instinct in the future?

I LOVE the above line! I would give you more stars if I could!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Ditto...

I had a comment directed to you deleted by a moderator...it addressed your inability to intellectually address a topic.

You prove it correct daily.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Metallicus

Never heard of D&G?

Metallicus man, I've never heard of anyone who hasn't heard of D&G...

So I guess we both learned something today

I wear t-shirts and jeans and I would be hard pressed to tell you what brand they are, lol. If it fits I'm happy. It's how I roll.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

The double standard I can't stand here is that because D&G are gay themselves, they will be allowed to get away with the freedom of speech card for "having differing opinions." After all, since they are gay, they obviously can't be hateful only have differing opinions once they make that clear, right?

Give me a break.

If they were white, male Christians, they'd be hounded out of town in tar and feathers even after their "clarity," and everyone knows it.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I will say that I really don't think D&G meant it the way it was taken. And as long as the kids are being loved at home. The kids are mentally tough enough and smart enough to know how to take a few wrongly used words and not have it cause any mis-thoughts about themselves.

If we hold D&G accountable to their words to the point of desiring to see them suffer financial loss. Then we better make sure we guard our own words on all occasions ...or the karma of our own judgement awaits us. When we learn that we establish the guidelines for our own judgement...we will be well on our way to judging others more justly. Jesus said that we should remove the beam in our own eye before we remove the speck from the eye of another. ( Besides.. where are they gonna get their D&G stuff ?)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join