It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Eclipse in part of the Northern hemoshpire march 20th 2015

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
We here in Norway are about to have our First Solar eclipse in almost 400 years , I have read that in any spot on earth to be in the same exact spot happens once every or 400 years . and ours is coming up in a few short days . weather permitting , i will bare witness to this amazing event and i will record it and upload it for all to see .

en.wikipedia.org...

A total solar eclipse will occur on Friday March 20, 2015. A solar eclipse occurs when the Moon passes between Earth and the Sun, thereby totally or partly obscuring the image of the Sun for a viewer on Earth. A total solar eclipse occurs when the Moon's apparent diameter is larger than the Sun's, blocking all direct sunlight, turning day into darkness. Totality occurs in a narrow path across Earth's surface, with the partial solar eclipse visible over a surrounding region thousands of kilometres wide

earthsky.org...

Iam very much looking forward to this ...

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: alysha.angel

That is really nice, I wish you clear skies and good viewing. Thanks for the report-to-come as well. Raise a glass for all of us.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

A total solar eclipse occurs when the Moon's apparent diameter is larger than the Sun's

So much for the argument that the sun and moon were placed by an intelligent designer at just the right distances that they appeared to be the same size to viewers fron Earth. Seems there are points in the space-time continuum where the comparitive sizes are a little bit out of synch.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Anytime , my daughter pointed this out to me a few weeks ago, i thought she was rambling on about non sense . til i actually googled it , then im thinking wow , sweetheart thanks for the heads up. Im very excited . and yes i got 3d glasses so i hope those help.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Good luck with the weather! I witnessed the solar eclipse of 1999 in the 100% zone in the south of Belgium, and it was the most intense 90 seconds of my life...

I was in a field with cows standing around me, lol. In the space of about a minute, the sky went from sunny (around 1pm) to completely dark where you can see the stars. There was only a hint of a very thin circle of light around the moon. No need for dark glasses when it is at 100%. There was a very strange greenish hue to the darkness. Everything went completely silent, and I just stood there going OH MY GOD... OH MY GOD..., completely awe-struck! It felt very spiritual.

You will be AMAZED!

soulwaxer
edit on 16-3-2015 by soulwaxer because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2015 by soulwaxer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Leaping and hopping on a moon shadow…

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Already two threads about this:

March 20 - Equinox Supermoon Total Solar Eclipse ending EXACTLY at the North Pole !

and

Supermoon total eclipse of equinox sun on March 20

The combination with the spring equinox and the inclusion of the north pole make this an even rarer event: every 100 000 years according to one source - every 400 000 years according to another ! Which makes it an absolutely unique event in human history. I find it very strange this is not getting more attention.

edit on 16-3-2015 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2015 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

I read in one of the other threads that it's going to line up perfectly with the north pole at the same time is the eclipse which is freaking amazing! A total solar eclipse with the moon at perigee making a Super Moon, on the day of the equinox, lining up perfectly with the North Pole?!

Rare indeed! I hope you are able to document it for us OP. I'm a little green with envy right now wishing I could be there to see it with you! Thank you in advance for sharing!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Lucky, here in north Georgia we have to wait till 2017 but um a 20min. Drive to the 100% zone. Remember take pictures.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: alysha.angel

Anytime , my daughter pointed this out to me a few weeks ago, i thought she was rambling on about non sense . til i actually googled it , then im thinking wow , sweetheart thanks for the heads up. Im very excited . and yes i got 3d glasses so i hope those help.

No!!!!!

Eclipse glasses are similar to 3d but perform a different function. As they lack UV filtering, viewing the sun/eclipse with 3D glasses could seriously damage your retinas. Use eclipse glasses or make a viewer.

BBC website has loads of info/advice.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 16/3/2015 by teapot because: g

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
So jealous ...

I have very vague memories of a partial eclipse when I was very, very young. It got dark out, and I sort of remember my mother talking about it to me. But that's all I remember.

You will get clear memories to last.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
So glad I saw this thread as I couldn't rembrr when it was. I managed to bag what appears some of the last solar glasses at non eBay prices last night so we are all set. The boys will be at school for it but have been told that is a special enough event that all the children will be able to watch it, weather permitting

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent
Lucky, here in north Georgia we have to wait till 2017 but um a 20min. Drive to the 100% zone. Remember take pictures.

Really, there's a 2017 full eclipse in the U.S.? That's worth a thread in itself if there isn't one already, I hadn't heard of it. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
live stream here:

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

2017 eclipse

Can't wait I'm 20 mins from cleaveland Tenn. A 100% zone😁

new topics

top topics

join