It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kremlin Prepares For Major Mystery Announcement

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

I personally agree with you as I'm not religious and have my own views on life from experiences and pieces I've learnt over the years, but if someone wants to believe that they link up to demons, evil ghosts or entities in the religious field, they should be allowed to express that belief.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: flice

originally posted by: jonwhite866
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Do you have an ACTUAL source?

I though his source pretty accurately accounted for the context of his post

just who was the credentialed, trustworthy interpreter...I don't recognize the source by name
is it Belzie-babble

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

You're pretty much stating that if we say 'jump', then any intelligent or advanced species out their that have the capability should 'jump'; and that if they don't then there are no aliens? That logic doesn't really make sense to me, especially since in the known time frame that we think we know of the universe is so much larger than the time frame that humans have had to live in. So, just because we haven't had any signals returned or any facebook posts poked by ET's, doesn't mean that they aren't out their doing whatever it is they do.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

a reply to: jonwhite866

..." and spirituality isn't religious. I think he was just going against religion I'm not 100% sure. "

in a broad context "Religion" contains all these entities ...ETs, demons,etc.

because plant life, animal and sea life, human life all all covered in 'religion' as good
ERGO, ETs, Aliens, other dimensional entities, the fallen spirit beings are NOT good

religion permeates everything to a disgusting degree & we universally cannot shake that albatross

edit on th31142651730316482015 by St Udio because: tags

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I'm a little confused by your comment sorry. I don't understand where you're getting them being "not good" from. Also, spirituality is usually confused with being religious when in fact it isn't. It can tie into religion however it is it's own thing that can be far from it. That was the point I was trying to get across. Could you elaborate on your comment though? I am still a little unsure of what to think of it.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Voyaging

But at the same time, if there was intelligent life out there however many light-years away, our understanding of signals flying through space is probably limited, and some intelligent life out there could probably send us a message in days, minutes, seconds.

Just as humans are currently working on quantum communication and the teleportation effect of photons/ particles. So many here are actually thinking in one dimensional terms, as if applying human science to the cosmos is the way to answer why aliens haven't made contact yet.

Again we can go back and forth on this, it still stands that there is no material evidence of intelligent life (or even life at all), if there was any life at all it must have the ability to evolve (if you believe in evolution), and they will have had a headstart of billions of years over earthlings.

And I can say that the notion of vast galactic distances inhibiting communication, is a weak argument. As it still stands, there has been no communication or evidence of contact.
edit on 16-3-2015 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

Well that is just a subjective statement IMO. There is just as much proof as both, the only difference is what you believe. And I can leave this forum whenever I feel like it.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

OR maybe they don't contact us publicly for a reason? How do you know they're not contacting governments or organizations? You're thinking as if they're going to contact every single Human being on the planet instead of a targeted, secure source. Not only that, they may have a different form of communication, one that can skip the distance and appear there some how? You say his argument is weak, but yours is just as weak.

We don't know what their intentions and plans are. We don't know what kind of strategy they use to live and carry out tasks. And there was a documentary on a form of communication sent to us which had solar system details, gene codes, and more. I'm not sure on the reliability of it but if you research it you may be quite fascinated. I don't like assuming things about people but so far you seem like someone who doesn't do much research in things because you keep saying things haven't happened when there is plenty of info on them already happening.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld

I'd say we have far more proof of UFO's being terrestrial than non terrestrial or even demonic in nature. Distinguishing between fact, belief and opinion should be easy in this day an age.

I'll agree that we do have more proof of UFOs being terrestrial, hell yeah.

I said I am more inclined to believe that the paranormal UFOs, i.e. the ones that dont have a straightforward explanation, are more likely to be demonic in nature than E.T.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I have done substantial research on the topic at hand believe me, and everything you stated is all conjecture. Yes all our arguments are weak, but you are measuring what is being said with the wrong tools.

I am merely stating that the absence of E.T. evidence as it stands among the majority of the human populations' knowledge, and especially those that make it their life profession to study the phenomenon of paranormal UFOs and the possiblity of aliens, have no convincing evidence.

At this stage you are simply making up possible scenarios, when we have already agreed that it is a possibility that aliens might exist.

Moreover, my argument was simply a counter-argument to a poster here who said that 1000 light years would take a communiqué a long time to travel. And I personally think my argument was solid.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I think he was talking about a species at a similar stand point as us. The signal, would take far beyond 1,000 years to get here so we could still be waiting.

But isn't everything basically all conjecture? It's only like that if you decided not to link everything together and that's not just evidence, that's stories to files or craft shapes, ancient scriptures to supposed whistleblower stories. You need to, not only research things, but find similarities and relations then piece them together. Forgive me for saying, but I think you see a lot of it as largely incomplete and false because you have a bias view on it which is completely Human but really doesn't help this debate. All you're using to back yourself up is incomplete evidence being incomplete or non existent. You appear to be a dismissive skeptic.

I'm making up possible scenarios, not as a means to explain what might be going on, but to get across the fact that you cannot say something isn't without knowing how it works. Either way this seems to be going in circles and completely off the original topic.
edit on 16-3-2015 by jonwhite866 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Here's what I am trying to say:

Let's say an individual known as Mr A has been alive for decades, and people have witnessed him going about his life. He disappears from public view for ten days, and then all of a sudden a group of people assume/ claim that Mr A is dead. Now If I believe he hasn't been killed, I do not need to prove to the group that he is still alive. The group need to prove that he is dead, because as far as we all know, Mr A existed previously, and was alive and well.

Since the beginning of humanity, as we know from history, it has been widely accepted that life on this planet is all the life that does exist, in terms of biological/intelligent beings.
Henceforth I do not need to prove that aliens do not exist, you need to prove that they do exist, because science is suppose to reveal new information, and thus far science has only shown us possibilities of the existence of life/intelligent life elsewhere, other than earth.

But there is no compelling evidence, despite many studies and ventures into space currently ongoing, and planned for the future. Maybe they will find something, but as I stated given the long history of our solar system, and earth - you don't even need to go into human history here - there has been no artefacts dug up or any alien items uncovered, or evidence of previous visitations, or current visitations.

There is nothing.

In the case of demonic activity, there is actual proof of spiritual possessions and black magic, and paranormal activity that can be witnessed wherever yet cannot be explained. It has happened throughout history, many ethnic groups, and various societies have documented this for hundreds, even thousands of years with regards to spirituality, demons, and what not. It is more believed by larger amounts of populations throughout the world, as compared with alien life, because of personal experiences of many.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101
And I can say that the notion of vast galactic distances inhibiting communication, is a weak argument. As it still stands, there has been no communication or evidence of contact.

It may be a limitation of physics rather than a technology issue.

edit on 3/16/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I think he was talking about a species at a similar stand point as us. The signal, would take far beyond 1,000 years to get here so we could still be waiting.

But isn't everything basically all conjecture? It's only like that if you decided not to link everything together and that's not just evidence, that's stories to files or craft shapes, ancient scriptures to supposed whistleblower stories. You need to, not only research things, but find similarities and relations then piece them together. Forgive me for saying, but I think you see a lot of it as largely incomplete and false because you have a bias view on it which is completely Human but really doesn't help this debate. All you're using to back yourself up is incomplete evidence being incomplete or non existent. You appear to be a dismissive skeptic.

I'm making up possible scenarios, not as a means to explain what might be going on, but to get across the fact that you cannot say something isn't without knowing how it works. Either way this seems to be going in circles and completely off the original topic.

Not incomplete evidence, you are being sneaky here, I said no evidence at all. That is not the same thing. What that other poster said was..

If the closest current technological civilization is...

Maybe I misunderstood that sentence, it does seem vague... does this mean the civilisation closest to our in terms of technology or the closest technological civilisation that currently exists besides ours?? Either way it might need re-wording.

If it was was the latter than just as they might not have alternative forms of communicating over vast distances, they very well might do - this is backed up by the fact that humans now are developing quantum communication, and it works in experiments, meaning another 1000 years or so it could very well allows us to communicate instantly over vast distances, and it very easy to postulate that another civilisation 1000 light years away is more than 1000 years ahead of us, if the big bang happened however many billions of years ago..

I am not being dismissive at all:

''feeling or showing that something is unworthy of consideration''

I said that alien life is a possibility.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

It could be, but then only time will tell? As it stands currently we do not know that.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

OR maybe they don't contact us publicly for a reason? How do you know they're not contacting governments or organizations? You're thinking as if they're going to contact every single Human being on the planet instead of a targeted, secure source. Not only that, they may have a different form of communication, one that can skip the distance and appear there some how? You say his argument is weak, but yours is just as weak.

We don't know what their intentions and plans are. We don't know what kind of strategy they use to live and carry out tasks. And there was a documentary on a form of communication sent to us which had solar system details, gene codes, and more. I'm not sure on the reliability of it but if you research it you may be quite fascinated. I don't like assuming things about people but so far you seem like someone who doesn't do much research in things because you keep saying things haven't happened when there is plenty of info on them already happening.

I don't think I am going off-topic, if I was I will be moderated, don't you worry, the topic for this thread was - a mystery announcement by the Kremlin. I did not even realise this was in the UFO forum, I mean a mystery announcement could be anything - why jump to aliens???

The point I'm making in this thread is that aliens are less likely to exist, and that the mystery announcement is highly unlikely to be about aliens???

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

First of all, there have been many artifacts found over the years which have no origin of Human crafting such as the ancient computer, which shows you haven't done much extensive research as all you need to do is Google "alien artifacts" and up pop many interesting things for you to read about. Also, I can relate your Mr A story with ETs. If Mr A was not seen for thousands of years then over time he would be forgotten and turned into a myth, just like Aliens. Extraterrestrials, said to have come down in the Egyptian times and revealed themselves as being "Gods" but were merely beings of higher intelligence. Then they disappear and don't show themselves to the public for a very long time. Soon they'll just become a story told in caves or temples, turned into myths much like Mr A. Both had proof of being alive and present, but both left for a long period of time without contact, now both have no merit in reality and are just questions. Were they here, or was it just a fictional story?

Onto the second part. I'll link this to Top Gear and the Argentina incident. That license plate (H982 FKL) was just a normal license plate to EVERYONE's eyes, including those in Argentina. Then, an Argentinian journalist decided to fabricate it into referencing the Falklands War. Suddenly, all those who saw it as a normal license plate, lost their minds and all they could see from then on was this offensive reference on the back of Jeremy's car without thinking about whether it was intentional or not.

This is where "demonic activity" and "black magic" come in. We have had religion for many years now, so long that yes, it has been accepted as the norm. But, people only explain things through that belief system. What would you call these unexplained UFOs if we did not have religion? If the devil and demons did not exist in our minds? You'd call them alien in nature. You see where I'm going? Religion is the journalist who glued this perspective into people's minds. Spirituality is NOT religious and does not need religion in order to live however religion needs spirituality in order to live. Spirituality is what lies beyond our understanding of this physical universe. Alien's are beings that do not originate on Earth and come from someplace else. Orbs, paranormal activity, all could be aliens who live in another plane or are from a place we cannot perceive. This is not me making things up, research dimensions and spirituality and you will see for yourself.

"There is actual proof of spiritual possessions and black magic". But is this demonic? Is it demons? Is it religious? What would these be if religion, God, the devil did not exist in the minds of man? It would be seen as highly advanced tech or higher beings (Alien). Is it not possible that these "spiritual possessions" are actually alien artifacts? Is it not possible that "black magic" is actually highly advanced technology? Here's the difference between us. My view is from a perspective that hasn't been cloaked with a religious lens in order to explain the unexplainable. Yours however has been. I'm not saying your belief is wrong as that would be awful of me, but can you not see, even the slightest bit, that when you say "there is actual proof of spiritual possessions and black magic" you could actually be describing proof of extraterrestrial intelligence that you do not understand, and have just decided to filter it with the perspective of religion?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Also, the topic was about aliens because all articles on the Mystery announcement feature the possibility of aliens, which is what forums are made for. To discuss and further investigate the legitimacy of the topic.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

It could be, but then only time will tell? As it stands currently we do not know that.

No we don't.

However, that does not prevent me from believing that there is probably life intelligent elsewhere in this vast universe. I'm not sure why they haven't contacted us yet, but one possibility is that they are too far away, and physics doesn't allow for them to contact us, nor ever have received any contact (passively) from us.

It's also possible that there ARE ways around that physics, but the technological civilizations who have figured out a way around that physics (and who exist during the current time) are so few and far between that they have had no occasion to realize we exist -- i.e., we might be on the other side of the galaxy from them, or maybe even in a different galaxy than them.

edit on 3/16/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I am not being dismissive at all:

''feeling or showing that something is unworthy of consideration''

I said that alien life is a possibility.

I didn't mean you were dismissive on the subject of aliens, I meant you were dismissive on the evidence researched. You may research them but you don't do anything with them, you read them, think "this doesn't seem plausible" and throw them out without trying the piece the incredibly complex puzzle together. Evidence is only evidence when you decide it holds some value to finding the truth. If you decide to not develop on a small amount of evidence, you won't get anywhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join