It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kremlin Prepares For Major Mystery Announcement

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
a reply to: jonwhite866
Everything is a belief until it becomes knowledge. That's the thing... we dont know that aliens exist... it's a belief. I think it's possible, but we dont have evidence of it.

True. But to add to that: I believe intelligent aliens exist (somewhere) far far more than I believe aliens are visiting Earth.

While it may be true that neither of these are "true knowledge", I think the circumstantial evidence that there is alien life elsewhere in the universe (even the galaxy) makes me 99.9999% positive that life elsewhere does exist. However, I think there is far less solid evidence that aliens are visiting the earth in spaceships...

...but I still consider alien visitation a possibility; I haven't ruled it out.

edit on 3/16/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

"Know" probably wasn't the right word to use haha. But has it crossed your mind that maybe evidence has been shown time and time again but we just deem it as "fake, space debris, hoax, etc"? Think about the amount of footage out there of UFOs in space and so on. True some may be fake, but is it not possible that because of the constant rate of falsifying evidence, we see EVERY piece of evidence as "fake"? I bet, if someone went outside and filmed a REAL ET craft, it would be classed as fake the next day and people would move on as they do now?

To the point of being no further, I must disagree. We have more knowledge of what goes on in this world to be able to place the pieces together that could reveal the truth. Extraterrestrial talk has risen more than ever and more events are unfolding that are linked to disclosure. Either way, I feel that it's a very ignorant view to say we are alone after the amount of possible evidence out there. It should be researched more by both US, the public and private investigators.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Can I ask what circumstantial evidence you are referring to? Is it simply the existence of other planets and stars that makes it possible for another 'earth' type planet to exist, and therefore life?

How far are we talking here? Because apparently there are habitable planets only a few light years away, and that's only a few steps relatively speaking.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

That's the thing though - it has been researched to death, over many decades. If aliens have been visiting earth, and with the number of people that might be involved in any formal visitations, some tangible piece of evidence would have reached the public by now, surely...

You read all these wild stories on the internet about alien abductions, and visitation and even alien/human exchange programs!! But these stories are just words! Whenever the mention of pictures or photographs pop up, they never appear. Or some photo will be presented but it is extremely grainy or just outright fake.

I have read many of these stories, and it talks of many 'artifacts' that have been recovered, but never any photo or anything.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101
Apologies for repeating myself, I did that incase you may not have seen it. But there are plenty of files, articles, pictures, videos, forums and investigations that show possible evidence towards ET existence. Egyptian drawings, stories about chariots in the sky. Research all of it and put the puzzle together and you get SO MUCH from it.

We have also received many signals in the past and still do. There are websites out there that allow you to input your thoughts on patterns being received at this very minute. Also, the problem some people have when explaining why they don't believe in aliens is because they're using logic that has only been displayed in their reality without considering other forms of reality that they have not yet come across. An ET species that could be surveying us from when we were born would have mastered tech that doesn't allow us to see them, we know not of what they intend to do or are doing so we can't claim they aren't there because they don't do what we wouldn't do.

The point I'm trying to make is, look into how things could be done and for what reason. Try to think outside of what Humans would do. Now I don't know how skeptic you are about spirituality but it's definitely worth reading about as it ties very nicely with dimensions and universe outside of our own which also tells you that maybe somethings aren't seen because the Human mind cannot perceive it in this state of being. We know probably less than 1% of what life is alongside what possibilities the Universe holds. We cannot jump to conclusions about what isn't without opening our minds to more things.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
For me it's really more of a philosophy, im agnostic, I admit that I dont know and its pointless to claim otherwise... I definitely think its possible life is out there (it's certainly plausible), but I hate that argument of "the universe is so big it cant be a waste of space", because I mean, waste and meaning are subjective human ideas!

It's true, when you cry wolf enough you wont believe it... but I do think its healthy to be skeptical when the pattern goes that way. When you learn about the government deliberately making people believe in aliens and creating projects of disinformation about otherworldly technology, added to the vast number of hoaxed videos and photos and sites... I mean its overwhelmingly suggestive that they're using aliens as a ruse [whether or not aliens actually exist, they're used to cover up black projects]

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

You just answered your own question. Apologies again for repeating myself from another comment but the problem is, we see ALL tangible evidence as "fake". If someone today films a REAL ET craft and uploads it to the internet tomorrow, I guarantee you that the world will already jump to the conclusion that it's "Fake, cgi, bird, space debris, etc".

We have come to a point where EVERYTHING is fake until witnessed up close. All the research, all the documented footage, all the stories and files publicized. I bet at least one of them is real and that it was declassified as being either a hoax, fake or some material object that's not alien. If I have a picture of me standing next to a real alien and showed it to you, you would not truly believe it's real unless you saw it. You may want to believe and think you believe, but you will never truly believe until you yourself have been a witness. And that is the problem with our species nowa days. If we weren't there, we don't care.
edit on 16-3-2015 by jonwhite866 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

But then don't you see that it could be the other way around? To act as reverse phycology so as to get rid of the belief in alien life? It is healthy to be skeptical, but with skepticism, there must be challenge. A skeptic should only be a skeptic so as to gain further knowledge on whether or not it is real. Skeptics who just dismiss something because it doesn't fit into what they've learnt or believe are not healthy minded. Those sort of skeptics hold us back. If you want to say aliens don't exist then challenge that by going back on the famous words "prove it exists". If you're a skeptic, prove it DOESN'T. That to me, is a healthy mind, one that keeps it open and doesn't stop searching for the truth until they've met they're ultimate conclusion.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101

Can I ask what circumstantial evidence you are referring to? Is it simply the existence of other planets and stars that makes it possible for another 'earth' type planet to exist, and therefore life?

How far are we talking here? Because apparently there are habitable planets only a few light years away, and that's only a few steps relatively speaking.

Yes. I think the given the size of the universe, and given what we know about life (at least Earth-life) being able to thrive in extreme environments, I think life almost surely exists elsewhere, including intelligent life. However, I have no idea how common intelligence is, nor do I know how common it would be for that intelligence to create a technological civilization, nor do I know how common (or even it it's at all possible) it is for an alien civilization to be able to visit Earth.

If the closest current technological civilization is -- say -- 1000 light years away, then they may have no knowledge whatsoever of Earth being technological. Sure -- maybe they might be able to detect life processes by analyzing our spectrum, but they would be too far away to detect our current technological civilization, as that light/radio has yet to reach them.

------------------

By the way, I specified "current" in the paragraph above because we don't know how long a technological civilization stays viable. There may be a lifespan to technological civilizations, and the ones that may have been relatively close (say withing a couple of hundred light years) could very well be long dead -- or even haven't yet begun.

For the sake of argument, let's say there were 5 technological civilizations within 100 light years of Earth (basically at our back door) that existed within in past 1 Billion years. A lot could happen in 1 Billion years (for example, only simple life non-animal life existed on Earth 1 Billion years ago), and those civilizations could be gone. In fact, none of those five civilizations may have even existed simultaneously with the others during that 1 billion year span.

So yeah -- our galaxy could have been home to thousands of technological civilizations over the past couple of billion years, but that doesn't mean that thousands exist at this current moment in time. There may only be a few scattered here and there around the galaxy at this time in history, too far away from each other to notice each others' existence.

edit on 3/16/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
For me it's really more of a philosophy, im agnostic, I admit that I dont know and its pointless to claim otherwise... I definitely think its possible life is out there (it's certainly plausible), but I hate that argument of "the universe is so big it cant be a waste of space", because I mean, waste and meaning are subjective human ideas!

Well, that's why I say "99.9999%" sure. I can't be 100% sure until we actually contact other intelligent life.
That other 0.0001% uncertainty is the agnostic part of me.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Anyone who thinks UFO's are demonic entities should just leave the UFO and Alien forum alone imo. It's more pathetic than the moon hoax.
edit on 3-16-2015 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

Religious opinions always have a place in the UFO part of this forum as they could be just as possible as far as we know.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

What video of alien craft in space?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun
Nope. Must be just you.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Well technically speaking it is philosophically impossible to prove a negative statement, for example if you said to an atheist "prove God doesnt exist" its an impossible task. I try to do the next best thing though, prove as many hoaxes and black operations as possible. I hate propaganda.

The thing is, the government has been causing belief in aliens, not alleviating it. They have been using reverse psychology... they say "nothing happened" or "it wasnt ours" and suddenly you believe it must be an extraterrestrial source... same with Blue Book et al, they left a small percentage of "unknowns" in order to fuel the fire. Literally all they had to do if they actually wanted to cover up aliens, is say they have some top secret aircraft and people are sated. But they dont... they like us being left confused and craving their disclosure. They like us needing them.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I was speaking generally, nothing specific. But I'm sure if you google it you may find some interesting stuff.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld
What exactly makes physical aliens somehow a more sensible explanation than non-physical extradimensional creatures?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I'd say we have far more proof of UFO's being terrestrial than non terrestrial or even demonic in nature. Distinguishing between fact, belief and opinion should be easy in this day an age.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
To your first point. It is impossible to prove a negative which is why healthy skeptics keep researching the subject so as to look further into it being a positive. That is why it's unhealthy to be a dismissive skeptic, because you and the rest of man kind gets nowhere from it. If the world was made up of them, we wouldn't have planes, cars, lights, phones, cameras, computers, TVs, fitness machines and so on.

And confusion is the key point as to why it could be two ways. Confusion is what keeps us saying things are "fake". Our minds have been messed with so much that we no longer know what's going on or what to believe. Are we fighting for a good cause over in the middle east or are we the disease? Did the terrorists plan 9/11 or was it the government? Our life is built on questions that will never be answered, because no matter who shows you the answer, we'll be too confused to take it as the ultimate truth. It is incredibly #ed up!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

What exactly makes physical aliens somehow a more sensible explanation than non-physical extradimensional creatures?

I don't think "demonic entities" link to extra-dimensional beings but demons, evil ghosts and what not. extra-dimensional beings are spiritual in nature and spirituality isn't religious. I think he was just going against religion I'm not 100% sure.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join