It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEFCON 3 status now? Canadian Air Foce involement with hostile actors.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

Russia has gone from a military that could barely take on its neighbors, to wanting a military that can again fight a major war against anyone. So yes, they're going to be aggressive with training. Otherwise it's going to take a decade or more to get where they want to be.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: IronNuts

But I thought all Canadians were burly lumberjacks who fought polar bears, drink maple syrup, wear flannel, and have snow chains on their cars all year round!

I am sorely disappointed.

No that's us in Alaska. I had two conferences last year and had to wrestle a Kodiak Brown twice to get back in. The first time was easy, but after his loss he took his training seriously. The next time was personal, darn near lost me a kidney, instead I got a new rug.
edit on 17-3-2015 by UnmitigatedDisaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I have to vent about this because the story is very misleading and I am now beginning to hear it quoted on media.

This is a private company that sells survival products by filling your head with paranoid tales of doom.

They do not represent the actual DeFcon readiness level issued by NORAD, they are simply making stuff up.

The "Canadian contacts with Russian forces" rationale likely alludes to coastal intercepts of Russian bombers and surveillance craft which happens quite frequently..

Oh, and don't forget to buy gold.. and a survival kit!..

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

everything redirects to Peterson AFB in Colorado, which now contains the moved NORAD:

This is the only thing I wanted to comment on... Several years ago, NORAD "claimed" that major operations were moved to Peterson AFB. It didn't make much sense then, and still doesn't now...I don't believe it, but I'm sure there is good reason for making people think that..

Anyway, I deliver pizzas to NORAD (The one inside Cheyenne mountain) nearly every week. The original facility is still very operational. Btw, I don't get to go inside the actual facility, just the first guard post where pizzas etc are allowed to be delivered.. But trust me, you can see the base from that guard post, and all the lights are still on, they never shut it down.
edit on 17-3-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

They're upgrading. Operations moved to Peterson during the upgrade to allow uninterrupted operations.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

They're upgrading. Operations moved to Peterson during the upgrade to allow uninterrupted operations.

That makes a lot more sense.
Whatever they are doing, the base hasn't gone dark. I actually wouldn't be surprised if whatever upgrades they are doing, have been done for a while now. Peterson is a good decoy. Before the recent "move" there were, and always have been rumors in Colorado Springs, that the visible base on the side of Cheyenne mountain was a "decoy", and the real facility was located deeper into the mountains... We may never know.
edit on 17-3-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeZet
The guys at the defcon forum are monitoring military chatter (mostly 8992 kHz for those that are interested) for EAM codes.
There's been a lot of "skyking" commands in the last few hours. If I'm not mistaken, Skyking messages, wen not a test, are not good. Skyking messages are test or potentially nuclear go/no go codes for nuclear capable forces. See: imgur.com...

Here's what they've experienced in the last 24 hours.

"There have been a lot of rumours going around. We are currerntly trying to find more information and assess what happened last night.

Here are the order of events that we had last night:

3-15-15

At approx 4 PM PDT, we started hearing unusual chatter on military channels, including an inordinate amount of traffic directed at Skyking with authentication.

As the night progressed, we were hearing reports of what appeared to be two air battles between US and Russian forces. More chatter, and then the radios went silent at about 4:45 AM PDT after what was referred to as "snap count" and an order for radio silence.

At 5:30 AM 3-16-15, after 45 minutes of radio silence, we turned over the DEFCON Warning System to our night crew to continue monitoring media for information.

At this time, 10:50 AM, we are assessing the information we have and will report if we have any further details.

It should be noted that we have no independent confirmation of any air battle."

www.defconwarningsystem.com...

Listen for yourself. Enjoy the show HERE

This should deserve a thread of its own.

Appreciate this brother, 42 pages of discussion of this very topic tends to make the hairs on the back of my neck rise a little, so far they've counted 42 Skykings ...

recorded skyking message ..recorded Skyking message (faint)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Defcon is a system used in America and similiarly used in other countries. It can be applied to units of any military size in Navy Army and Airforce or the whole defense forces. A unit in Afghanistan could be a defcon 1 while a unit at home is at 5 .

The defcon warning system gained notoriety when the armed forces were put on defcon 2 as defcon 2 did not exclude stratcom which wielded the bomb and in theory meant nuclear war could break out at any time.

With that being said its difficult to quntify the defcon in the link. Has the US military been put on defcon 2, the Canadian miliatary, Nato, nobody?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Well I'm 6'3" 91kg. My cousin's first husband killed a grizzly with a knife that charged him while bow hunting. I love maple syrup but don't drink it. I do wear flannel when work or weather requires. Tire chains restrict speed too much so studded winter tires all the way around with 4x4 is preferred. So you can still imagine us real men up here doing are manly things we do.

Cheers, Nuts
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SpongeBeard

If you are referring to them as Americans being of the new land America then yes they are Americans. If you are referring to them as Americans from the US of A then no they are not.

Cheers, Nuts

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

Minus my stubs of fingers misspelling were, Canada wasn't there as it did not exist.

Cheers, Nuts

edit on 18-3-2015 by IronNuts because: reviewed

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Thanks for your post, I've been wondering about that. Here's the scoop:

www.norad.mil...
CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN
Cheyenne Mountain Complex at the Cheyenne Mnt. Air Force Station are still inside the mountain, under command of Air Force Space Command. NORAD and USNORTHCOM headquarters are at the nearby Peterson Air Force Base in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

I don't know why they split up everyone who was assigned in Cheyenne Mountain. I've seen photos of Russian military officers being given tours inside Cheyenne when it also was home to NORAD, and the equipment looked very dated.

So maybe someone decided to make NORAD a little less accessible - with updated equipment. (Or the more mundane explanation is that the complex outgrew the Mountain, and is now split with PetersonAFB.)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The DEFCON scare has gone away. The best I can surmise, Putin got out of the hospital and back to his desk, saw all the NATO ships training (and intimidating?) in the Black Sea, and decided on a Pop Drill in the Arctic. The Canadian pilots on patrol may not have been told this, and skirmished with the Russians over Canadian territory.

Here are photos of some of the different ships now in the Black Sea:

www.businessinsider.com...
ALL THE NATO MILITARY SHIPS CONDUCTING MANEUVERS IN THE BLACK SEA

Zaphod 58:

Included in these drilling ships, is a Turkish frigate with a "Sea Zenith", or "an advanced four-barreled weapons system capable of firing 800 rounds a minute" against missiles.

Do we have something equivalent? Or is our Navy "trending" toward lasers instead? Thanks.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Close in weapon systems are actually almost as dangerous as being hit by the missile itself. The bullets can destroy the warhead or cause the missile to donate, but it's short range, so the debris keeps traveling and can still hit the ship and Au least start a fire.

The Navy still has CIWS which is similar, but the primary anti missile system is the SeaRAM counter missile system. It can intercept missiles farther out, and at much higher speeds.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Guess you didn't get the memo that we all know this website isn't official?

The OP had me laughing at "Air Foce." I know it's fake, I looked it up (whois) only because I was astounded that someone would put crap up like that and that the author of the site might think that people could consider it real. But it's still funny anyway and allowed me to rant a bit ;-)

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/18.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join