It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acrocanthosaurus Tracks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Since we don't have a paleontology board (yet still a 2012 board)...

I had the opportunity to go hiking alongside some dino footprints today! They were really incredible. Seeing something 110 million years old just really makes you wonder what that exact location looked like at that time. Here are some pictures!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Are you sure those aren't squirrel tracks.....really big squirrel tracks?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Naah!Squirrels have 12 toes!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
"Acrocanthosaurus tracks". Pssshh. Those are clearly nephilim prints.

On a more serious note...I love fossils! I spend a lot of time hiking out in the Rio Puerco, and have amassed quite the collection of fossilized shells, teeth, ammonites, various imprints, and even a couple dinosaur bones. I've never been so lucky as to find any fossilized tracks, though. I did see some at some location I can't remember while traveling once, but unfortunately I wasn't old enough to really appreciate them at the time.

Nice pictures! Those are some huge feet! It's too bad we can't see the creature that left those tracks, as I'm sure it would have been incredible (and terrifying).

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Schmidt1989

Have had a couple of major operations over this last year but hopefully perhaps by summer will be getting back and dancing along the Jurassic Coast with my hammer busily hunting for fossils so I get your grin, I totally do.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Hey OP, where did you photograph these? It looks like San Gabriel River trail, which has several dino tracks.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Absolutely COOOOOOL!!!!!!

Makes one stop and wonder about life, time and our spot in this eternal creation.

Walking in the steps of the dinosaurs. Thank God there're the 100 million years separating us.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Ya know I have always wondered what the reason was for Dinosaurs to evolve in the manner they did. Huge body mass, sharp teeth etc...

What existed in nature that played a part in Dinosaur evolution?

Cool pictures by the way.

edit on 16-3-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
Hey OP, where did you photograph these? It looks like San Gabriel River trail, which has several dino tracks.

That's the one! I only live about 30 minutes south of it.

new topics

top topics

join